Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Finished the game last night, 74 hours. All in all a very good game, really enjoyed it.
    Kinda annoyed that I didnt drink the well of sorrows!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

logik wrote: »
    Finished the game last night, 74 hours. All in all a very good game, really enjoyed it.
    Kinda annoyed that I didnt drink the well of sorrows!
    I think, story wise, it works better that Morrigan drank from the well. She spent most of her life trying to get out from under Flemeth, and she ends up being pretty much a servant to her once she drinks. Sucks for her, but a nice loop back to the first game.

Kiith wrote: »
    I think, story wise, it works better that Morrigan drank from the well. She spent most of her life trying to get out from under Flemeth, and she ends up being pretty much a servant to her once she drinks. Sucks for her, but a nice loop back to the first game.

Good point. I was an Elf so I have no intention of
    drinking from the well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

I did it for one simple reason; I am a trophy whore.

GodlessM wrote: »
    I did it for one simple reason; I am a trophy whore.

I didnt know that you had to do it for the achievement :o

• Advertisement

I didnt know that you had to do it for the achievement :o

Well if Morrigan does it there's a quest you don't get, and that quest is worth a trophy in itself.

GodlessM wrote: »
    Well if Morrigan does it there's a quest you don't get, and that quest is worth a trophy in itself.

Yup, just read that. Oh well. 760G/1000G is not bad for first play through.

Yup, just read that. Oh well. 760G/1000G is not bad for first play through.

Yeah I missed a few on the first run. Belle of the Ball, which was annoying as I got it to 99%, and the agents one (which is glitched). Need to do the Nightmare one in my next playthrough. Hopefully I can manage it. Will go Mage for that one I think.

Surprised there are no multi-player trophies actually.

I'm starting up a Elf Mage (nightmare) playthrough this week as well. Will try just craft my way to success :P

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm starting up a Elf Mage (nightmare) playthrough this week as well. Will try just craft my way to success :P

This is essentially what I did with my play through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

RopeDrink wrote: »
    I've had to drag X, Y and Z into the world just to make their tree visible then send them back to Skyhold

Pity that. It's the same in ME3 if I recall correctly.
    No way to upgrade the squad without taking the characters on a mission.

Looking forward to getting into this soon.
    Any spoiler free things to be aware of before I begin? Like I read earlier that certain areas are too high a level when you start off so any parts I should avoid for a bit? Not a fan of cheap deaths. And is hard okay first time round?

I played DA:O as a mage and DA2 as a rogue. I'll probably go mage or ranged on this one as I like being able to see what's going on.

The South Western part of the Hinterlands is a higher level area than the rest as is the North Eastern corner; both are about Level 12. There's one rift in a ravine right in the center also that is higher level than the area around it.

I am playing Hard on my second playthrough, and though in some areas there are some notable differences, I am not finding it too bad, and I am playing as a Warrior. Best bet is to give it a try, and if it is too much, just lower it.

Hard is fine the first time around. It's pretty easy to spot areas that are higher level, as all enemies have their level above them. On Hard, you usually don't want to take on anything that much higher than yourself.

And watch out for Bears.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Im at the point where i choose mages or templars. Is there much of a difference in story if i pick one over the other

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Im at the point where i choose mages or templars. Is there much of a difference in story if i pick one over the other

Yes. The following quest is completely different. It isn't the usual case where some characters are subbed with alternatives; it is an actual different quest one way or the other. This effects how two particular companions come to you later, and for the rest of the game your choice of enemies is different too.

Because more always show up.

Yeah, one of them was fine, but i always ended up against two of them (if not 3). Plus, the first time you meet them is when you wander to the higher levels of the Hinterlands, and aren't ready for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Yeah, I have never had issues with bears either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I don't get the Bear thing. They never posed a problem at any difficulty setting for me, except one case where one ambushed the group after a long fight had happened (team was low and pot-less) - Varic was the only one alive and spent 7minutes just kiting it around trying to get out of combat - was pretty hilarious seeing as his Leap-Shot glitches often and sends him backflipping by miles through terrain (Bear still never gave up, though :pac:)
    Noopti wrote: »
    Yeah, I have never had issues with bears either.

Well we all know now who the bears favourites are now don't we :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I find it bearable

• Advertisement

Sure, and they die - take pelts and the XP, happy days! Bears have an issue where they're fast enough to keep getting in range to attack a runner but the attack itself misses if you don't stop, so if you've aggro, lure it around while others kill it - or just tank it like a boss with Cassandra :D

Not when people just started the game and are at single digit levels with the bears strolling around at ~Lvl12. And them dying in either case doesn't change the fact that they are annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Would love to be able to bring up the Journal/Mission menu while at the War Table.

Finding myself fast travelling less and less as I'm getting LONG load time when going from region to region. Within the same region it's very fast but otherwise I'm faing up to 2/3 minutes of load times just to head back to Haven and set up another mission for Cullen etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

What the hell is up with the mouse and keyboard controls in this? :mad: It feels like a console port.....im surprised at you Bioware.

No click to move. And your character doesn't move in range of the enemy when you auto attack.....he just stands there swinging away while the enemy hits you.

It's stupid as hell and makes me think I might have to reroll mage. How has the game been out 2 months with no patch for this? Massive Dragon age fan and I was looking forward to getting stuck into this but 1 hour in and I'm already irritated with the controls.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Kirby wrote: »
    What the hell is up with the mouse and keyboard controls in this? :mad: It feels like a console port.....im surprised at you Bioware.

No click to move. And your character doesn't move in range of the enemy when you auto attack.....he just stands there swinging away while the enemy hits you.

It's stupid as hell and makes me think I might have to reroll mage. How has the game been out 2 months with no patch for this? Massive Dragon age fan and I was looking forward to getting stuck into this but 1 hour in and I'm already irritated with the controls.

Yeah luckily I played my first game through as a mage and avoided these annoyances. One thing I would say is when you get in close switch to tactical view. As crap as it is your characters will at least auto-attack once you give them a target (and oh so cleverly stop auto-attacking if you switch out of it).

Kirby wrote: »

News flash; it pretty much is a console port. And so are many other games these days. I would also imagine people need to get used to it, because it is the most cost effective way to make cross platform games in this economy. Also, patches are for fixes, not things people simply don't like. Problem solved though; stick a controller in your PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Firstly, lose the attitude. Manners cost nothing and the tone of your post was unwarranted.

Secondly, your opinion on what patches are supposed to be is irrelevant. Upon further reading of the Bioware forums, they have acknowledged the poor controls and said that Patch 3 will address them. "Silly little things" do not include controlling your character.

Thirdly, I have a controller for my PC. I use it on games where a controller is ideal such as fighting games, platformers and beat em ups. This is an RPG. It's supposed to be played with a Mouse and Keyboard.....and both DA1 and 2 played fine with a mouse and keyboard. They dropped the ball on this, and have admitted as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Would love to be able to bring up the Journal/Mission menu while at the War Table.

Finding myself fast travelling less and less as I'm getting LONG load time when going from region to region. Within the same region it's very fast but otherwise I'm faing up to 2/3 minutes of load times just to head back to Haven and set up another mission for Cullen etc.

I don't know if you are on pc but you can alt-tab out of the game and put your clock forward to the amount of time for the task, I have just been going forward a day

there is a way to do it on console as well but you'd have to look it up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

Is there a way to check your progress?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Am I blind, or do you have to teleport around Val Royeux to get to the higher levels? There's stairs but there's unopenable gates at the top of them. Baffling design choice.

Anyway, very much enjoying and overwhelmed by this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Occono wrote: »
    Am I blind, or do you have to teleport around Val Royeux to get to the higher levels? There's stairs but there's unopenable gates at the top of them. Baffling design choice.

Anyway, very much enjoying and overwhelmed by this game.

yes you have to teleport
    took me about 20 minutes to figure it out :pac: annoyed the **** outta me thought their was a glitch or something until I realised I had to teleport

Advertisement