Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Same.

I was like "Yes, yes...I see the fast travel locations everywhere....but there are stairs here dammit! Why are these gates closed?!?" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

I missed finishing Friends of Red Jenny with my first character because of those gates. I gave up with the intention of going back later but another quest activated and FoRJ failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

So tried multi-player. It is good but there is one huge flaw. If anyone in the party quits the whole party is forced out, and you lose any XP gained. As such, you have higher level characters trying for perfect runs, and so if they die they D/C costing us lower level characters the experience we need. It needs a better pairing system and more individuality to avoid this. At least you still get to keep your gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

No idea what's happened but this game is ****ing broken, went to fight a dragon and no one does ****. The AI either stands by me or stands by the dragon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Go into Tactics for each character in your party. I had this, my characters were set to defend a player who a wasn't using. So they stood there and did nothing.

• Advertisement

Go into Tactics for each character in your party. I had this, my characters were set to defend a player who a wasn't using. So they stood there and did nothing.

Not that anyway.

It was normal in every other fight before and after and any other dragon I fought but it was just the 1 fight that ****ed up.

It still doesn't mean the game is broken though; if it was it would be a very common problem for many people. Never had that problem, nor any of my friends. Closest thing I ever heard online is what Cuddlesworth has said above. If you definitely didn't set your tactics incorrectly, then it is probably a glitch. Reload is probably your best bet. Out of interest, is it any dragon or a particular dragon? I imagine there could be something buggy in the generic dragon coding given how the dragon hunting trophy pops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

GodlessM wrote: »
    It still doesn't mean the game is broken though; if it was it would be a very common problem for many people. Never had that problem, nor any of my friends. Closest thing I ever heard online is what Cuddlesworth has said above. If you definitely didn't set your tactics incorrectly, then it is probably a glitch. Reload is probably your best bet. Out of interest, is it any dragon or a particular dragon? I imagine there could be something buggy in the generic dragon coding given how the dragon hunting trophy pops.

I've had that happen loads of times and not just with Dragons, even with tactics set properly. Vivenne is the main culprit. I noticed as I was playing tank and was up close the rest fighting at range that if I got too far away from her she would just sit there. If I ran over to her she would get her mojo back and get back in the fight. That is very broken imo happened me regularly closing rifts or when I when to chase after casters and archers.

calex71 wrote: »
    I've had that happen loads of times and not just with Dragons, even with tactics set properly. Vivenne is the main culprit. I noticed as I was playing tank and was up close the rest fighting at range that if I got too far away from her she would just sit there. If I ran over to her she would get her mojo back and get back in the fight. That is very broken imo happened me regularly closing rifts or when I when to chase after casters and archers.

I think it might be a range thing, not happened during any rifts for me just that 1 particular fight with that 1 dragon. Left and came back and played with 3 melee and 1 mage (vivenne) so all were close combat mostly, and it work.

Varik wrote: »
    I think it might be a range thing, not happened during any rifts for me just that 1 particular fight with that 1 dragon. Left and came back and played with 3 melee and 1 mage (vivenne) so all were close combat mostly, and it work.

Seems logical.

• Advertisement

Invincible enemies has happened 3 times to me. No matter how much I hit them, they stay at max health and I have to run away or reload to fix it. I googled it and apparently it's quite common. Thankfully the other common bug of party members not speaking or engaging in a bit of banter is fine for me. They chat away nicely.

The game itself has its faults for sure. It's the most "console"atized game Bioware have ever made. Much more so than Mass Effect 3 even which suffered from the same.

The menu system is terrible and the behaviours/tactics are incredibly dumbed down compared to the last two dragon ages. It's night and day.

The game provides you with too much crap loot and no efficient way to sell it all so you end up leaving 90% of the stuff in the crate you find it.

No healing abilities is a let down too as I feel it caters to derpy players who don't know how to set their group up. Potions are irritating as the only way to replenish them is to go back to a camp which breaks the flow of your questing. The tactical camera itself feels limited too.

The lack of music is pretty galling. You can go thirty minutes without a peep from the soundtrack. That's a poor design choice. You can bamboozle and overpower a player with too much music for sure but there is a balance between that and complete silence and they got this one wrong. On the plus side the ambience of some areas is terrific, such as the Undead swamp area. Kudos to the sound guys on that one.

I've mentioned the poor PC controls already so I wont get into that again. Some of the control issues are reportedly going to be fixed in the next update so that's good.

Despite all that, it's still a good game and I'm enjoying it. It's not the finest RPG ever which is what I was hoping for but it's serviceable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Lads, how do ye figure out what to sell and what to keep and has it even came back to bite you?

I'm sick of carrying around all these figurines and medals.........

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Lads, how do ye figure out what to sell and what to keep and has it even came back to bite you?

I'm sick of carrying around all these figurines and medals.........

You can sell most of it. I kept anything that had a description (just in case), but sold everything else. Go to the research table near Dorian before you do though, as those items can give you perks against certain enemies (+damage against Darkspawn etc...).

Patch 3 came out today. Mostly a hotfix patch. The bigger one is still being worked on. They added a "walk" button and made party banter more common. But this one made me laugh.

"Fixed issue that could cause Varric’s legs to do odd things in some opt-in conversations." :P

Not just Varric. I noticed my Dwarf Inquisitor does it as well.

Kiith wrote: »
    You can sell most of it. I kept anything that had a description (just in case), but sold everything else. Go to the research table near Dorian before you do though, as those items can give you perks against certain enemies (+damage against Darkspawn etc...).

Yeah I get rid of the research items but I just don't know whether all these medals are meant to mean something or if further on in the game is someone going to tell me how they got their 57 figurines stolen or some such and they want them back.

The only medal that I ever used was the Fereldan Medallion of Service for requisitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Queenalocin

Yeah I get rid of the research items but I just don't know whether all these medals are meant to mean something or if further on in the game is someone going to tell me how they got their 57 figurines stolen or some such and they want them back.
    Some of the merchants have a buy back option if you do have to get those 57 figurines for a character.

Is anyone playing this on Xbox one?

GodlessM wrote: »
    The only medal that I ever used was the Fereldan Medallion of Service for requisitions.
    Some of the merchants have a buy back option if you do have to get those 57 figurines for a character.

Is anyone playing this on Xbox one?

Decided to sell the lot last night, the Dragon Age wiki has a list of everything needed for requisitions so just kept those and anything which has a description.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Decided to sell the lot last night, the Dragon Age wiki has a list of everything needed for requisitions so just kept those and anything which has a description.

Requisitions are pointless anyway. Purely an item sink, with little actual benefits. At the start, they are ok, but once you leave the Hinterlands, they are useless. You get more than enough power just by playing through the game and side quests. I think i had over 200 by the end.

• Advertisement

Requisitions are pointless anyway. Purely an item sink, with little actual benefits. At the start, they are ok, but once you leave the Hinterlands, they are useless. You get more than enough power just by playing through the game and side quests. I think i had over 200 by the end.

Slight XP bump. Also there are quest requisitions. And they are also the fastest way to build power, especially on the harder difficulties. They are not necessary by any means, but can be useful, if not terribly so.

Yep, I don't set out to purposefully complete them. I just talk to the requisition officer whenever I'm passing and half the time I'll already have everything gathered from spending time in the area.

Yeah, as much as I think they can be useful, I don't think anyone would ever willingly go out of their way to fulfil them.

My character sides with the mages.....and then becomes a Templar. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Finally finished it last night. 81 hours. Did (what I guess) is nearly all the side quests. Didn't do some of the inner circle quests (Vivienne, Iron bull) as I just never used those characters in my play-through and had no interest in them really.

Collected all the shards and completed all the Astariums. Didn't bother trying to find all the mosaic pieces.

Really enjoyed the game, best DA game by far and an epic experience. Might play through it again in the future, when I have some time. This time as a bastard evil mage. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

you can download the tavern songs for free for 2 weeks (Feb 9th)from here

Skerries wrote: »
    you can download the tavern songs for free for 2 weeks (Feb 9th)from here

"Sera was never an agreeable girl, her tongue tells tales of rebellion......" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I just finished the
    trip to the fade and Hawke died
    - not sure I made the right decision but it felt right at the time. Not sure if this is the halfway point to the main story or how much longer I have to go?

I just finished the
    trip to the fade and Hawke died
    - not sure I made the right decision but it felt right at the time. Not sure if this is the halfway point to the main story or how much longer I have to go?

It all depends on whether you did it before or after the ball. Their order is interchangeable and whichever you do first is the halfway point pretty much. The pacing of the main story is odd though.

• Advertisement

Does it matter which order you do them in? Storyline wise? That's the exact point I've been at for days but ive been doing quests and clearing maps instead. I'm at the thirty hour mark or so.

Advertisement