Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

except runes, once you use them they are locked to the item

• Registered Users Posts: 36 psyconia

Okay so then for runes, if you had a really good one you should wait until you have a really good base weapon to attach it to. I haven't obviously done any of this yet, so is there any really good runes I should be on the lookout for nightmare mode ?
    Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Fire, frost, spirit, and lightning runes are ok in a lot of situations and the others are great in very specific situations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

33% off this on Origin at the moment. Gonna hop to the PC version with a whole new character after I finish (and sell it) on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

psyconia wrote: »
    Okay so then for runes, if you had a really good one you should wait until you have a really good base weapon to attach it to. I haven't obviously done any of this yet, so is there any really good runes I should be on the lookout for nightmare mode ?
    Thanks...

Master Corruption Rune is probably the most universally useful; bonus against the living. The ones for bonus against Demons and Red Templars are handy too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Stopped playing this when I decided it wasn't going to get good at some point. I played a good bit past the skyhold migration. Borrring game. Preferred the broken awakenings with my unhurtable tank and the widely panned DA2.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Stopped playing this when I decided it wasn't going to get good at some point. I played a good bit past the skyhold migration. Borrring game. Preferred the broken awakenings with my unhurtable tank and the widely panned DA2.

I stopped in the same place, I just couldn't get into the story.. There's far to much grinding and the combat system/camera is awful to put up with.

The lack of healing magic kills the whole adventuring, having to return to camps to refill health is annoying and a stupid gameplay design..

In DA: O I rarely visited the camps unless I wanted to speak with some of my companions.. Dare I say it but DA3 is worse than DA2, I never finished that either but at least I lasted until the last mission..

Another fail for Bioware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

gazzamc wrote: »
    I stopped in the same place, I just couldn't get into the story.. There's far to much grinding and the combat system/camera is awful to put up with.

The lack of healing magic kills the whole adventuring, having to return to camps to refill health is annoying and a stupid gameplay design..

In DA: O I rarely visited the camps unless I wanted to speak with some of my companions.. Dare I say it but DA3 is worse than DA2, I never finished that either but at least I lasted until the last mission..

Another fail for Bioware.
    Really?
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Dragon Age: Inquisition received critical acclaim, with critics praising its story, voice acting, soundtrack, detailed environments and combat. It was awarded multiple year-end accolades and nominated for more, including Game of the Year and Best Role-playing awards from several gaming publications, as well as from the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences' annual D.I.C.E Awards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition debuted at No. 5 in UK in its first launch week. According to retail monitor Chart-Track, it had sold almost the exact amount of launch week copies as 2011's Dragon Age II.[64] This does not take into account direct digital download sales however,[65] which have been noted to be a "significant percentage of sales" by BioWare[66] and thus the true number of sales is higher. According to Electronic Arts' fiscal 2015 third quarter earnings report, Dragon Age: Inquisition is the most successful launch in BioWare history based on units sold.

Adyx wrote: »
    Really?

A **** AAA game can still sell well, a la COD.. I'm talking about it's actually gameplay and not it's pretty visuals.. DA: O didn't look half as good but totally immersed me into its universe with its compelling characters and story/lore.. DA: I just isn't as good and any game that has the marketing budget it had would have sold the same..

It's all hype, btw this game was intended to be an MMO before they changed it to single player and you can really feel it, I'm not an MMO player and found the game very boring at times with very little in story to keep me hooked and the side quest we're mostly the same ****e.

Waiting on a true RPG like The witcher.. I find it funny how Bioware said during one of the E3 shows that they we're going to make DA: I like Skyrim.. It felt nothing like Skyrim and wasn't even truly open world.

I can't wait to see how they ruin Mass Effect (Oh wait :P) even more, I take anything from Bioware with a pinch of salt these days, actually you can add EA to that list.. It's all about milking the consumer these days and good games are far and few between.

That turned into a bit of a rant, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

That's interesting that it was going to be an mmo. It does feel like that alright.
    I enjoyed the tactical aspect of the earlier games. This one I didn't get the hang of implementing tactics beyond moving people in and out of the way reactively, but I was still winning everything. Boring
    The universe wasn't so interesting, having been in it a few times before. At the same time, I didn't remember any plot details this one continued on from. Slow moving; not involved; boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Claims that it was supposed to be an MMO are unfounded as far as I can find; what is your source? Also, if it is nothing but hype, does that mean the thousands of us that love this game are blindsided and plain wrong? It's one thing to say you don't like a game, but to say it is nothing but hype is another.

GodlessM wrote: »
    Claims that it was supposed to be an MMO are unfounded as far as I can find; what is your source? Also, if it is nothing but hype, does that mean the thousands of us that love this game are blindsided and plain wrong? It's one thing to say you don't like a game, but to say it is nothing but hype is another.

I found it on my first search "dragon age mmo", it was three from the top

Gamespot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

gazzamc wrote: »
    A **** AAA game can still sell well, a la COD.. I'm talking about it's actually gameplay and not it's pretty visuals.. DA: O didn't look half as good but totally immersed me into its universe with its compelling characters and story/lore.. DA: I just isn't as good and any game that has the marketing budget it had would have sold the same..

It's all hype, btw this game was intended to be an MMO before they changed it to single player and you can really feel it, I'm not an MMO player and found the game very boring at times with very little in story to keep me hooked and the side quest we're mostly the same ****e.

Waiting on a true RPG like The witcher.. I find it funny how Bioware said during one of the E3 shows that they we're going to make DA: I like Skyrim.. It felt nothing like Skyrim and wasn't even truly open world.

I can't wait to see how they ruin Mass Effect (Oh wait :P) even more, I take anything from Bioware with a pinch of salt these days, actually you can add EA to that list.. It's all about milking the consumer these days and good games are far and few between.

That turned into a bit of a rant, sorry.
    Read everything I quoted, it wasn't all about the sales figures. They didn't ruin Mass Effect either. I'd prefer to see Bioware (and their games) part ways with EA for sure, but DA:I and the ME series are not crap by any means, certainly not just because you think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Adyx wrote: »
    Read everything I quoted, it wasn't all about the sales figures. They didn't ruin Mass Effect either. I'd prefer to see Bioware (and their games) part ways with EA for sure, but DA:I and the ME series are not crap by any means, certainly not just because you think so.
    They certainly aren't crap - they're just disappointing because of what they could be.

I am still playing DAI on Nightmare mode - the only thing is that it is very, very slow going as you have to collect so much materials to create new gear etc. As being very select about where you go as otherwise you are wiped out by anyone above your level.

But do enjoy it to a degree - I think I preferred Origins however - with DAI the story does not really do anything for me. Also there are so many crappy sub quests which you have to do on Nightmare as you need these stupid inquisition points etc.
    But I will struggle on - I think the combat is more interesting however - I remember in Origins it was too easy. (although perhaps I didn't play the hardest diff level.)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I started this the other night with a mage character on Nightmare difficulty, only played up as far as just after I beat the Pride Demon.

Anyone done it on Nightmare? Mage the right way to go?

I am 100+ hours in and I think coming to the end but I have loved every minute of it

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Has anyone had any problems with the boss battle at the end
    When i confront Corypheus & follow him further up the castle ruin, the game pauses as if a cut scene is about to come up but when it resumes he just stands there and doesn't attack. I tried to kill him but there is a tiny bit of health left and it wont diminish. Some sort of bug but wondering has anyone experienced this problem? I re loaded it twice from the start of that mission and same thing. Looks like i wont be able to finish the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'm doing the quest to liberate Emprise Du Lion at the moment and
    have cleared 2 of the red templar areas. When I try go get to the 3rd one, I seem to be stuck on a path which has a fade rift on it. I normally wouldn't have problems with these, but this particular rift is spawning 2 massive demon like guys that just annihilate my entire party?

I'm level 13 at the moment but wondering if I might be better off going up another level or 2 before fighting them? 2 of them seems a bit overkill as an earlier fight with just 1 was a nightmare itself.

DarkJager wrote: »
    I'm doing the quest to liberate Emprise Du Lion at the moment and
    have cleared 2 of the red templar areas. When I try go get to the 3rd one, I seem to be stuck on a path which has a fade rift on it. I normally wouldn't have problems with these, but this particular rift is spawning 2 massive demon like guys that just annihilate my entire party?

I'm level 13 at the moment but wondering if I might be better off going up another level or 2 before fighting them? 2 of them seems a bit overkill as an earlier fight with just 1 was a nightmare itself.
    13 is far too low for that area IIRC.

• Advertisement

13 is far too low for that area IIRC.

Hmm back to the drawing board for a while so! :D

Are enemy levels set in areas on the map as standard? I thought levels for them were only set the first time you encountered them (e.g these guys should be capped at 13-15 max?).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

DarkJager wrote: »
    Hmm back to the drawing board for a while so! :D

Are enemy levels set in areas on the map as standard? I thought levels for them were only set the first time you encountered them (e.g these guys should be capped at 13-15 max?).

Here is a guide showing what the level scaling is for each area
    Haven: 1+ (1-4)
    Hinterlands: 2+ (4-7, 8-12)
    Val Royeaux: 4+ (4-6)
    Storm Coast: 5+ (7-11, 13-15)
    Fallow Mire: 8+ (8-10, 12-15)
    Forbidden Oasis: 8+ (8-12, 5-15, 18-20)
    Skyhold: 10+
    Crestwood: 10+ (10-13)
    Western Approach: 10+ (10-14)
    Exalted Plains: 10+ (10-16)
    Emerald Graves: 12+ (14-20)
    Emprise du Lion: 16+ (16-22)
    Hissing Wastes: 16+ (19-23)

Hi EoinMcLovin - can I ask why some location have two level ranges i.e.

4-7 and 8-12 ?

I'm still persevering with Nightmare, but recently unlocked Hissing wastes, and Empris du Lion...and then realised it was Crestwood I should have unlocked...oh well...learned my lesson by being repeatedly killed...all good.
    (I'm level 12)

Hi EoinMcLovin - can I ask why some location have two level ranges i.e.

4-7 and 8-12 ?

I'm still persevering with Nightmare, but recently unlocked Hissing wastes, and Empris du Lion...and then realised it was Crestwood I should have unlocked...oh well...learned my lesson by being repeatedly killed...all good.
    (I'm level 12)

It means that certain sections of the zone are higher level. Most zones have at least a few areas that are higher level. You'll get some optional quests to cover those areas as you progress through the main game. Take hinterlands as an example, most enemies are low levels but certain areas like where the dragon is have enemies at around lvl12

Here is a guide showing what the level scaling is for each area
    Haven: 1+ (1-4)
    Val Royeaux: 4+ (4-6)
    Storm Coast: 5+ (7-11, 13-15)
    Fallow Mire: 8+ (8-10, 12-15)
    Forbidden Oasis: 8+ (8-12, 5-15, 18-20)
    Skyhold: 10+
    Crestwood: 10+ (10-13)
    Western Approach: 10+ (10-14)
    Exalted Plains: 10+ (10-16)
    Emerald Graves: 12+ (14-20)
    Emprise du Lion: 16+ (16-22)
    Hissing Wastes: 16+ (19-23)

Great information, thanks man. That's me getting the **** out of Emprise Du Lion for the moment anyway! :D

yeah I just finished Emprise Du Lion as I never found the path to the other area until I was at level 22 so I am annihilating them now and the 2 Dragon fights in there

Skerries wrote: »
    yeah I just finished Emprise Du Lion as I never found the path to the other area until I was at level 22 so I am annihilating them now and the 2 Dragon fights in there
    That whole map is very confusing IMO. I haven't figured out how to get to that area that has the note for the Iron Bull quest.

Anyone know how to unlock the "Gather Leather" quest from the War Map ? Supposeadly if you get Leliana to do it she will get ya 6 bear hides ? It would save me a lot of hassle. Do you have to clear some quests in that area first (think its Empris Du Lion...)

Anyone know how to unlock the "Gather Leather" quest from the War Map ? Supposeadly if you get Leliana to do it she will get ya 6 bear hides ? It would save me a lot of hassle. Do you have to clear some quests in that area first (think its Empris Du Lion...)

You have to capture the Suledin Keep in Emprise Du Lion.
    Here is a link that shows all War Table Operations
    http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/War_table

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Played DA:O on PC, DA2 on Xbox and just bought DA3 on PS4. PS4 login e-mail and Origin e-mail are both the same but they won't sync :mad: Never played an EA game on PS3 or PS4 before but somehow my PSN login is connected with some other Origin account even though i have only ever made one account. Few e-mails later and they now want me to contact them by phone :mad: I think ill settle for the default world state.

Anyone else have any problems like this?

Advertisement