Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

For whatever reason, I've fallen hard for this game and have been marathoning it over the last couple of weeks. I'm 90 hours in now and absolutely loving it, so much so that it's convinced me to give Dragon Age 2 a second chance when I'm done.

I don't think a Bioware game has ever had a worse opening section than Inquisition though. Even with the whole 'get out of the Hinterlands early' advice, it's still a poor start and it takes a good five or six hours for the game to reveal itself. Once it does though, it's Bioware story telling and more importantly characters at their best.

I've just completed the
    Well of Sorrows
    and feel like I'm really nearing the end but I don't think I'm ready for it to be finished yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's a fantastic game. Yeah, there are a few too many MMO style quests, but you don't need to do the majority of them. I'm tempted to do another playthrough after getting all the DLC a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Well just finished it and that was a deeply, deeply brilliant game. It's left me with the same kind of melancholy feeling you get when you finish a book or a series of books that you've been deeply invested in.

With the DLC, I actually had the Game of the Year Edition so played though The Descent just as part of my play through and it's a lot of fun. It's neat, self contained little story and well worth the three or four hours it will take to go through. I think I'm going to give myself a bit of a break before going back to the post-game Trespasser stuff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Enjoying this at the moment too, playing as a sarcastic rogue is the best.
    May have started a crime network for extra funds but it will be good for everyone in the long run.
    Trust me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Old game i know, but if you have ps plus its only £2.99 in the UK store for the deluxe edition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Old game i know, but if you have ps plus its only £2.99 in the UK store for the deluxe edition

Better off getting the GOTY edition, as the DLC is rarely on sale [Origin are pr*cks]. Picked it up around Christmas time myself for £5 on game.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Picked up the GOTY edition recently so I could go through again with the DLC. Im super addicted and staying up all hours to grind one more mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It's currently down to €5 on PSN, and I've been tempted for a while. I got it when it came out and gave up at some stage, got bored. Wondering if it will be like the first one where I gave up thinking it was crap and went back months later an loved it. Have they made any QOL improvements?

Edit: Feck it, doesn't matter, worth a fiver at least. But I also pulled the trigger on the AC Odyssey season pass, so won't be playing this for a while yet!

Despite some of the filler quests the main story and the characters really make this game something special. Well worth a fiver if only to have it in your collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

PIcked up on Steam recently, good so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

6 hours into this now. first time iv played a dragon age game.very good! like it so far.any tips?

brady12 wrote: »
    6 hours into this now. first time iv played a dragon age game.very good! like it so far.any tips?

Dont stay in the hinterlands for long, it can be a slog.

Advertisement