Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Your save does carry over. You will see or not see characters from the first on the basis of the playthrough you bring over to DA 2. DA 2 doesn't feel like a full game. It feels like an introduction to DA 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Large and varied environments, customizable armor, and the return of multiple player races are just a few of the ways BioWare is addressing feedback from previous titles in order to shape a new future for the franchise.

And horses too :pac:

daifullcover.jpg

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/08/06/september-2013-dragon-age-inquisition-6119.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Cannot wait for this game to come out, only bad thing is i cant carry my save over as im switching from Xbox - PS

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Cannot wait for this game to come out, only bad thing is i cant carry my save over as im switching from Xbox - PS

They might bring out another comic thing like they did for mass effect, it gave a brief story and choice of the previous 2 games and then gave you a save.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    They might bring out another comic thing like they did for mass effect, it gave a brief story and choice of the previous 2 games and then gave you a save.

Turns out they're going a lot further.
    BioWare fans may recall that Mass Effect 3 allowed new players to answer a few questions about their previous exploits, so it could arrange this third chapter to their specifications. It was a nice idea that allowed those who lost their save files along the way to maintain most of their original choices, but it wasn't very comprehensive and failed to let players say that they rescued Wrex, for example. The studio has learned from this, though, and will be offering further options in its upcoming Dragon Age Inquisition via a new service called Dragon Age Keep.

"Within the Dragon Age Keep, you'll be able to customise a Dragon Age historical world state to your exact specifications drawn from Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2 story decisions," explained BioWare in its FAQ for this new program. "These include hero attributes, companion details, quest results, and more. Customise as much or as little as you wish... For new players, the Keep will serve as a great way to understand the people, places, and events that shaped the world leading up to Dragon Age Inquisition."
    Having read other articles too, the thing I'm concerned about is how vague they are about whether they'll be able to feed in actual saves that carry over from DA:O, DA:2 and the DLC. Be nice to be able to just import it and not have to trawl through all the decisions.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-28-dragon-age-inquisition-allows-you-to-tailor-your-historical-world-state

It is shaping up very nicely, IGNs at PAX impressions looked very well http://ie.ign.com/videos/2013/08/31/dragon-age-inquisition-impressions

Turns out the game is not open world, well not Skyrim esque open world, it is going to be a multi region game on the same continent.
    Speaking with RPS, Laidlaw was asked if BioWare considered Dragon Age: Inquisition an open world experience. “Open world” I think is a really loaded term,” he replied, “because everyone immediately thinks of Skyrim and assumes everything will be exactly like Skyrim. In our case, there are extremely large regions you can explore.

“It’s a multi-region game, which means that you’ll travelling with a world map. You’re travelling across this chunk of the continent in which the game is set. And each of the regions is purposeful. It has a reason you would be brought here. It ties back to the story, or at least to the overall themes of the game. “These are my enemies and they’re very active here. I should find out why.”

“That kind of stuff. That means that they aren’t necessarily laden with story, because story is the antithesis of discovery, right? It tends to lead you along. But when you’re discovering things, you should feel like they’re part of the overall game and not random. I would say that it has elements of open world for sure, but it’s something closer to the feel we had in the Baldur’s Gate games or in Origins, even, where it’s larger areas, big spaces, and the chance for you to move around and see a wide variety of different terrains and locales and so on.”

http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/11/dragon-age-inquisition-isnt-open-world-is-multi-region-says-bioware/

Hopefully it will not get pushed back.

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/dragon_age_inquisition/news/uncertainty_over_dragon_age_inquisition_2014_release.html
    EA has cast doubt over Dragon Age: Inquisition's autumn 2014 release date, suggesting that though a release next year is "most likely", there's a possibility it could slip.

"We were highly conscious of the fact that, if Battlefield is as successful as we believe it'll be, that that sets ourselves up for a challenge next year," said EA CFO Blake Jorgensen during the firm's Q2 2014 financial call last night. "But remember, we're introducing NBA this year. We're introducing UFC next year. We have Sims next year, we would most likely, possibly have Dragon Age next year."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Xenji wrote: »

drop nba and the sims
    then bam you have it released :D
    nba live looks awful from videos and the sims.....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Pushed back is fine so long as it isn't a steaming pile of poo like DA II. (See that rhymed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

nesf wrote: »
    Pushed back is fine so long as it isn't a steaming pile of poo like DA II. (See that rhymed!)

They can take three more years for all I care, just don't give me a half-baked beta as a release. I've run entirely out of patience for games being released before they're ready.

I'm looking at you Rome 2.

Zillah wrote: »
    They can take three more years for all I care, just don't give me a half-baked beta as a release. I've run entirely out of patience for games being released before they're ready.

Ah now, to be fair, Creative Assembly have been releasing betas for many, many years now...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

nesf wrote: »
    Ah now, to be fair, Creative Assembly have been releasing betas for many, many years now...

This is the drawback of working with most publishers. It was SEGA's decision to release the game when they did.

Companies like Blizzard and Nintendo develop and publish their own games so the "It'll be released when its ready" mantra rings true.

Kirby wrote: »
    This is the drawback of working with most publishers. It was SEGA's decision to release the game when they did.

Companies like Blizzard and Nintendo develop and publish their own games so the "It'll be released when its ready" mantra rings true.

No argument there. That said, CA do fix things and give the community enough scope to sort out issues versus say EA's approach with the latest Sim City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

More than 1 area? Already sounds better. Disappointed they didnt make the exalted march expansion as I liked the mage-templar story but this looks like it will continue to story nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

More than 1 area? Already sounds better. Disappointed they didnt make the exalted march expansion as I liked the mage-templar story but this looks like it will continue to story nicely.
    Well, that much was pretty obvious. Dragon Age 2 just felt like a poor expansion to Origins. I'm hoping this'll be as good as Origins, because lets face it, DA2 isn't even remotely ambitious as a target for quality.

30 minutes of leaked off screen footage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Please don't have a "Fade" or "The Deep Roads" section in this game.

I was stunned that you had to return to The Deep Roads in DA2, the worst part of the first game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I liked the deep roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I liked the deep roads.

I think it would have been ok, if it didn't go on as long, I felt I was half the game down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Well, they are deep.

I didn't mind them, actually. I've only played the first game, now.

It was long but I thought the fade was the real grind.

I think the gameplay footage above looks great. The armour detail is impressive, the environment looks really, really good and the combat looks quality.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Gamepley footage does look good. Tactical view is in there, and the combat looks enjoyable. As much as everyone always says DA:O was the best, the combat in it was awfully slow. Especially as a melee character. Took ages for skills to activate, and the enemy had usually moved away by the time it went through. Hopefully we'll get a nice middle ground between DA:O and DA2.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Please don't have a "Fade" or "The Deep Roads" section in this game.

I was stunned that you had to return to The Deep Roads in DA2, the worst part of the first game.

Gah no! The Deep Roads section was nice in the first game. It was the Fade that did my head in and was the only part I dreaded on a replay.

No need to worry about it the Fade, at least when replaying it on the pc. Nice easy mod to skip it entirely.

http://dragonage.nexusmods.com/mods/816

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Kiith wrote: »
    No need to worry about it the Fade, at least when replaying it on the pc. Nice easy mod to skip it entirely.

http://dragonage.nexusmods.com/mods/816

I can never figure that out. I remember two times having to go to the fade but that helps you skip only one part of it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the other time is when you reach the end of the mages tower
    but that's only a short trip[ in the fade. take 5 steps, fight enemy. repeat 4 times. exit fade.

• Advertisement

Yeah, as above it only removes the really **** Fade section, that goes on for a while. And it give you all the items and exp you would have gotten going through it yourself.

Kind of similar to removing Irenicus' dungeon in BG2, or skipping the Endar Spire in KOTOR.

Mods are great.

Advertisement