Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Xenji wrote: »
    Glad they are not taking a page out of Ubisofts book and going with console parity to avoid debates over performance issues.

Ubisoft look like some dopes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Keno wrote: »
    Ubisoft look like some dopes now.

it's been their worst year ever for PR. The Watchdogs graphical downgrade and AC UNITY debacle. They need to just shut up and stop making PR statements. (AKA digging).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    it's been their worst year ever for PR. The Watchdogs graphical downgrade and AC UNITY debacle. They need to just shut up and stop making PR statements. (AKA digging).

Yeah, poor form. You know you've ****ed up when EA are taking shots at your incompetence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Got an email there about some Dragon Age Keep BETA , want's me to agree to a NDA :pac:

I assume it's their work around for not being able to import saves from the older games. If Blizzard could do it with Diable 3 I don't see why bioware can't :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Er....there was no save importing for diablo 3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Kirby wrote: »
    Er....there was no save importing for diablo 3.

There was cross platform save importing for diablo 3 you could go 360 to to PS4 if you wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yes but that's character data within the same game. They didn't import anything from diablo 2 which was ten years earlier.....which would have been much harder.

Dragon age 1, 2 and 3 spans years, different platforms and several different engines. It's not as simple as saving a single character in Diablo 3 to use in the same game just on another console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Kirby wrote: »
    Yes but that's character data within the same game. They didn't import anything from diablo 2 which was ten years earlier.....which would have been much harder.

Dragon age 1, 2 and 3 spans years, different platforms and several different engines. It's not as simple as saving a single character in Diablo 3 to use in the same game just on another console.

Not to mention you are not the same character in any of the Dragon Age games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

afaik they're going to have a "what decisions did you make in the last game/s" option at the character creation section. I've seen screenshots of it, but i cant remember where..

I'm just going to assume they'll have an option to use previous saves too like in ME

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

whats the cheapest people are seeing it for, the cheapest i can see for PC is around €33?

• Advertisement

Anywere but origin, jaysis.. 60quid for the standard edition lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

In Argos we are selling it at around €58.99 from release I think for PS4, which is the most expensive platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Have the PS4 version preordered on Amazon for 50 Euro, it is 57 Euro now so Argos is probably the best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

I got the Keep beta e-mail too.
    I haven't had a look or signed the NDA yet but people are flagrantly breaking it already. There are screen shots up and talk that importing works in the form of character portraits from the Bioware servers, which is great if true as your previous characters could show up in Inquisition. I don't mind going through the choices.

I'm in no hurry though to be honest. I'll likely wait until the new year until it's all patched up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Have the PS4 version preordered on Amazon for 50 Euro, it is 57 Euro now so Argos is probably the best bet.

Hmmm my order is working out at 60

Hmmm my order is working out at 60

I ordered it about 8 months ago, used the super saver delivery as well as away the week of release :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

afaik they're going to have a "what decisions did you make in the last game/s" option at the character creation section. I've seen screenshots of it, but i cant remember where..

I'm just going to assume they'll have an option to use previous saves too like in ME

I'd like another motion comic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 herpaderp

dragon age keep is going to be connected to your origins accounts and from there it compiles all the save data ****e from your da:o and da:2 saves. they showed the keep features at pax prime. youtube.com/watch?v=RysDjACi-pE

there's also a few q&a videos about the keep on their twitch channel. twitch.tv/bioware/profile/past_broadcasts

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I ordered it about 8 months ago, used the super saver delivery as well as away the week of release :(

Ahhhhhhhh I had it 3-5 instead of super saver

*facepalm*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Didn't realise it was out so soon. Looks pretty good, and the animations of the characters is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

There is something wrong with the characters faces....Also what have they done to that Qunari lad? He looks like a human with two horns sticking out of his head. Liked the demonic look of the Qunari from 2 much better

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Dragon Age Keep has gone into open beta. Plenty of options available and you can change your decisions and companions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Dragon Age Keep has gone into open beta. Plenty of options available and you can change your decisions and companions

How would one aquire this open beta? I have a ps4 so I probably can't get it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Is that Qunari still in Beta?

I hope so. Looks like a sword handle with them horns.
    How did that get past the scribbles of the art desk?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

I felt the first two games were ugly to look at, likely noticeably ugly on PS3. The stories were pretty good though, only mildly interested in this though, can't seem to get excited about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

GerB40 wrote: »
    How would one aquire this open beta? I have a ps4 so I probably can't get it...

Just go to:

http://dragonagekeep.com

Everyone can access it now, as its an open beta.

wes wrote: »
    Just go to:

http://dragonagekeep.com

Everyone can access it now, as its an open beta.

That is class, i just played both my saves on that and it took about 20 minutes, and tbh it was better than DA2 :D

The drudgery of that game is awful, but it has a really great story underneath it all

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd planned on playing through DA2 again before this was released (as i actually enjoyed it when i played it first), but i doubt i'll have time now. Keep looks pretty handy, and i'll give it a run through tonight.

Advertisement