Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

It's not out yet, if you're asking for the opinion of the board. The reviews are very positive.

I thought some people may have tried the free 6 hour trial on EA Access which is available since last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

tony1980 wrote: »
    I thought some people may have tried the free 6 hour trial on EA Access which is available since last night.

Dl'd it earlier, been too busy playing Alien to start it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

tony1980 wrote: »
    What's the verdict so far lads? I am looking forward to getting stuck into this at Christmas!

The average review is 9/10 so if it's your kind of game you'd be mad not to get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    The average review is 9/10 so if it's your kind of game you'd be mad not to get it!

Was not sure about this one when I first heard about it but after reading the reviews and seeing some of the videos I just have to get it. Going to be a 60+ hour game.

logik wrote: »
    Was not sure about this one when I first heard about it but after reading the reviews and seeing some of the videos I just have to get it. Going to be a 60+ hour game.

yeah agreed. Reviewers are very harsh this gen so far so I'd be surprised if this was over rated. And unlike most game devlopers they released the review copies well before release. Unity (AC) wasn't allowed reviews until the day it came out and you can see why. Always a good sign when developers don't try and hide their game till the last minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Anyone seen a good price pre-order?

Yeah US PSN store :P 30$ saving!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Yeah US PSN store :P 30$ saving!
    Ugh. After buying Destiny as a digital download, I'm not sure I would take that risk again, even on a Dragon Age game. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If you don't want to download I have it pre ordered on amazon for about 50 for ps4, super saver delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

logik wrote: »

Designer quote is 50 hours for the main quest and 150+ on side quests I think, though there is no distinction if that means all of the side quests including the ones you opt out of due to choosing an alternative path, or only the path you take. Even then however, that works out at over 100 hours of gameplay total, which should do me a month at least (based on the 3 months my 300 hour Skyrim playthrough took).

• Advertisement

Started playing this earlier, just got to the point of the formation of the inquisition

Plays like a blend of both Origins and 2, with DA2 style combat coulped with DAOs tactical view. The areas I have played are pretty wide opencompared to the previous games that I believe the older consoles might have problems with, even with severe visual downgrades.

Came across a glitch during my game, where while controlling a character it showed that he had been ko'd on the health bars, but was still up and fighting. When I switched control away they remained alive and attacking the enemy, but I was unable to switch control back to him to give orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Ugh. After buying Destiny as a digital download, I'm not sure I would take that risk again, even on a Dragon Age game. :(

I swore I'd never go digital again after Destiny.

The positive reviews though......the positive reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Started playing this earlier, just got to the point of the formation of the inquisition

Plays like a blend of both Origins and 2, with DA2 style combat coulped with DAOs tactical view. The areas I have played are pretty wide opencompared to the previous games that I believe the older consoles might have problems with, even with severe visual downgrades.

Came across a glitch during my game, where while controlling a character it showed that he had been ko'd on the health bars, but was still up and fighting. When I switched control away they remained alive and attacking the enemy, but I was unable to switch control back to him to give orders.
    How?

How?

Ea Access, you get a 6 hour trial between multiplayer and the first two areas of the game(war table is locked after first use and is required to open new areas). When you buy the game you can then continue from where you finished on the trial. Played 3 hours currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Question is ....Is it any good ?

Question is ....Is it any good ?

From what I have played so far it is very good. The best new thing I like is the interactables radar(probably called something else but thats what it does) where you ping your surroundings to highlight interactable objects by pressing the left stick(L3). Very handy for finding materials, lootables or places you can open or climb as it makes a sound and puts a gold outline around what its found.

Might not seem like much, but materials are required to make or upgrade your equipment and potions and some of the lootables aren't as obvious as previous games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Bought from US PSN, is downloading now in preparation for release on Tuesday. Is also only €47 which is a lot cheaper than retailers and the EU PSN, though it's obviously a digital copy with no trade in value.

Bought from US PSN, is downloading now in preparation for release on Tuesday. Is also only €47 which is a lot cheaper than retailers and the EU PSN, though it's obviously a digital copy with no trade in value.

How do you buy from the US PSN?

Man the maps are absolutely massive. The first area appears to be as big as the entire playable area in DA2, with no visible loading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

GodlessM wrote: »
    How do you buy from the US PSN?

Make a US PSN account, buy credit from Amazon, buy the game. No trickery involved or needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Make a US PSN account, buy credit from Amazon, buy the game. No trickery involved or needed.

In work now at the moment. Can you set up US account online or do you have to phyiscally do it on your console?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Anyone found it cheap for PC? Best I've seen is €35 on cdkeys.

It's on the new denurom encryption thing so won't be getting cracked anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Slightly more expensive @ €37 but with the Flames of the Inquisition/ DLC included.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I think you get that dlc with the cdkeys site as well, also if you like cdkeys on FB you get 5% off so I paid just over €31 total

Can you have two PSN accounts though?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Can you have two PSN accounts though?

You can have as many as you like. Think the limit is 15 on one console and you can share content across all accounts on the same console.

You can have as many as you like. Think the limit is 15 on one console and you can share content across all accounts on the same console.

Do you not need plus to buy and install games on the PS4 now though? 'Cause that is only one account end of story. Also, would I also not have problems attaching the same credit card to multiple accounts regardless?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I bit the bullet and pre-ordered but its taking so long to download.

Download speeds seem to jump all over the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Do you not need plus to buy and install games on the PS4 now though? 'Cause that is only one account end of story. Also, would I also not have problems attaching the same credit card to multiple accounts regardless?

No, Plus is only to play online. Your credit card won't work on a US account. You will have to by PSN cards on Amazon.com and top up a US account that way.

Advertisement