Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC Wiring Help

• 19-09-2012 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hello all,

I live in Dublin and would like to get UPC installed, unfortunatly this is a new house in an old housing estate. All the houses in the estate are wired for UPC and have broadband, I have called UPC and they say I can not get it, but surely it's just a matter of getting a cable wired up to the house either from the ground or by getting it from the neighbours connection. Can anyone clear this up on how to get this done.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

There'll be a set of nipples on some of the eaves of the houses, or it'll be wired into the ground, either way you can do nothing yourself, UPC have to do it, so if they wont, you're SOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cusackd

ED E wrote: »
    There'll be a set of nipples on some of the eaves of the houses, or it'll be wired into the ground, either way you can do nothing yourself, UPC have to do it, so if they wont, you're SOL.

Yeah the houses around this way have it just at the eaves so was hoping i could get some one to to wire up the house from the eave then call upc and just get them to send out the modem then wire it up and hopefully the connection will be there. If my knowledge of their wiring is completely wrong let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

cusackd wrote: »
    Yeah the houses around this way have it just at the eaves so was hoping i could get some one to to wire up the house from the eave then call upc and just get them to send out the modem then wire it up and hopefully the connection will be there. If my knowledge of their wiring is completely wrong let me know.

You well could try, but then they'll probably just fine/sue you for interfering with their gear, only UPC crews can connect to said points, even if its a simple task.

Call again and talk to a supervisor and explain the situation to them, they may have the authority to send out a new installation engineer(actual engineers, and the three I've met have been very pleasant and informative) who may be able to help you. The only problem I can see if that they assign in blocks, so if you're between two full blocks you'll never be connected.

Advertisement