Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aztec house alarm going off randomly

Options
  • 19-09-2012 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,891 ✭✭✭

Just have a question at night my 6 year old Aztec house alarm goes off not every night but some nights. The alarm is not set when I head to bed and it usually happens at around 3am in the morning. It states on the control panel to call the engineer and that it happens in Zone 1 i.e the front door even though its not tampered with. Could this be a faulty sensor or wire and I presume the only solution is to do what it states and call the engineer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

billyhead wrote: »
    Just have a question at night my 6 year old Aztec house alarm goes off not every night but some nights. The alarm is not set when I head to bed and it usually happens at around 3am in the morning. It states on the control panel to call the engineer and that it happens in Zone 1 i.e the front door even though its not tampered with. Could this be a faulty sensor or wire and I presume the only solution is to do what it states and call the engineer

You should check the lid is not loose on the sensor. What error code is it given?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If the system is not set it is seeing some sort of fault. It could be as simple as a loose lid like Altor said. It could also be a loose connection or damaged cable anywhere on the zone. This will be caused by high resistance (or a short circuit) on the loop somewhere. A multi meter is the best way to find these problems.
    See here for more details on how to test for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Could be an insect inside the sensor.

Hitchens wrote: »
    Could be an insect inside the sensor.

Anything is a possibility. Could of moved the cable inside the sensor causing a bad connection. Only checking this would determine the fault he is getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,891 ✭✭✭billyhead

altor wrote: »
    You should check the lid is not loose on the sensor. What error code is it given?

Hi,

Sorry for coming back late with this reply. It went off again last night. It states on the display unit Memory 01 call engineer, Tamper 01 SP 5AB

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It's tamper SAB. It is either a fault on the bell or its not sitting correctly on the base.

Hi,

Sorry for coming back late with this reply. It went off again last night. It states on the display unit Memory 01 call engineer, Tamper 01 SP 5AB

Could also be a loose connection in the sabb itself, have seen quite a few where the cable becomes corroded causing this fault. Simply cutting back the cable and redoing the connections may solve the issue.

Usually that will show SAB fault. But I suppose its possible if some data is only getting back to the panel.

Anything is possible. A bad connection can cause random events.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,891 ✭✭✭billyhead

I would not have a clue how to do the tests you suggest so would the only option be to call out an engineer to look at it. I would like to avoid this as much as possible due to the call out charge but if I have no other choice and it will keep going off every now and then:(

• Advertisement

I would not have a clue how to do the tests you suggest so would the only option be to call out an engineer to look at it. I would like to avoid this as much as possible due to the call out charge but if I have no other choice and it will keep going off every now and then:(

If you have and don't mind getting up on the ladder then it is easy to see if it is just a loose lid or open the bell to see if there is an issue with the cable itself.

Advertisement