Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black and white portrait

Options
  • 19-09-2012 9:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭

looking for the artist to do a portrait of a member of my famliy that has past!! iv looking at the portfolios and cant seem to find any that catch my taste or eye!! can anybody recommend any artists in dublin or provide with some pictures from their portfolio? if you can hekp that would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭piercingdanny

I second Remis. For a portrait you're better off going to the best and paying for the best really. He'll do a sweet job !!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

lads that link didnt work and thanks for gettin back

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Heres a link to his website http://www.remistattoo.com/ , if your on facebook search for.... Remis Cizauskas he puts more of his work up on there.

He aint cheap and there is a waiting list to get a booking for him but hes the best around at portraits and well worth the wait.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

my brother has gotten all his tattoos done by him, full nightmare before christmas sleeve and a portrait but i didnt really like the portrait to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

A V A wrote: »
    my brother has gotten all his tattoos done by him, full nightmare before christmas sleeve and a portrait but i didnt really like the portrait to be honest

If you didn't like Remis you're going to challenged finding better in Ireland.

Joe Myler, http://www.jmdsbodyart.com/aboutjoe.html, would be up with Remis but he's in Waterford.

Here's an example:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79909428&postcount=223

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mansized Wreath

Not a fan of Remis stuff personally (it won't hold test of time). OP, of you aren't in a mad hurry and willing to wait I believe Tim Hendricks is gonna guest in Ireland next year (likely All-Star in Limerick). He's world class at portraits,google will give you more info on his stuff.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

You could get a cheap flight to the UK and get tattooed by Jason Butcher (Immortal Ink in Essex) or Nigel Kurt (Funhouse Tattoo, Barnsley)... Both excellent black and grey artists, both skilled at portraits.

Not a fan of Remis stuff personally (it won't hold test of time). OP, of you aren't in a mad hurry and willing to wait I believe Tim Hendricks is gonna guest in Ireland next year (likely All-Star in Limerick). He's world class at portraits,google will give you more info on his stuff.

Care to explain?

He may be referring to a debate which is ongoing in relation to colour realism and hyper-realistic tattooing. The argument being that it lacks the black outlines and strong contrasts of some other styles of tattooing, and there is a belief that it does not hold up well over time, as the blended colours fade and spread. The other side of the argument is that colour realism does look amazing for a while, it pushes boundaries, and if people want it then why shouldn't tattooists offer it (as long as the client knows what they are getting). I don't think it's a debate which is specific to Remis' work.

Done properly, black and grey work should not necessarily face that issue, plenty of scope for strong contrasts so that the tattoo will remain 'readable' over time.

Worth a read: http://tattooartistmagazineblog.com/2012/07/25/dan-henk-tattoos-tamblog-tam-tattoo-artist-magazine-blog-sometimes-the-old-timers-are-right/

• Advertisement

I believe Tim Hendricks is gonna guest in Ireland next year (likely All-Star in Limerick). He's world class at portraits,google will give you more info on his stuff.

Is Tim Hendricks confirmed to come over next year? Haven't seen anything about it on the web (from anyone involved), but if so - great. He'll probably be booked out before he sets foot here.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mansized Wreath

I believe Tim Hendricks is gonna guest in Ireland next year (likely All-Star in Limerick). He's world class at portraits,google will give you more info on his stuff.

Is Tim Hendricks confirmed to come over next year? Haven't seen anything about it on the web (from anyone involved), but if so - great. He'll probably be booked out before he sets foot here.
    I was refereeing to exactly that debate. It looks great for a while but doesn't hold up over time. I just like a tattoo to look like a tattoo (just my opinion). Bold will hold. A select few do it and post amazing photos,I'd like to see pics 5 year's down the line.... Ask for Hendricks, no he's not 'confirmed' as such, but when All-Star posted a video up a few months ago Hendricks linked it to his own website and spoke about how he's looking forward to guesting there.

Ill come back to ya in five years so :).

Advertisement