Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Rumours (Recruitment)

Options
  • 19-09-2012 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

So this is the latest rumour making the rounds within the job...

The PSNI are confident enough that the Garnerville site will be sold (or has been sold - who knows) that there is a date for the site to be vacated in 2015. It seems like the closure of Garnerville is now being pushed through despite recent rennovations to the college which gave some hope that the Desertcreet white elephant might not go ahead. It now seems that it is. The bottom line here is that the Garnerville site will go in 2015 whether Desertcreet is ready or not.

In other rumours, I heard rumblings that there might be another round of recruitment in Garnerville before it closes - no further details. However I also heard that the PSNI will be filling vacancies by recruiting transferee officers from the mainland, something that becomes easier by the day with the Home Office cuts to English and Welsh forces.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Boyeen30

Cheers for passing it on . Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

"Stretched PSNI need 1000 officers"

But surely they couldn't get 1000 officers to NI from the mainland could they?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

Fingers crossed for next year !!!!! I would absolutely love a new job!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Boyeen30

"Stretched PSNI need 1000 officers"

But surely they couldn't get 1000 officers to NI from the mainland could they?

I guess the news letter just means they need more boots on the ground in general, recruitment for brand new officers / transfers / etc ..

But they 'could' get 1,000 bobbies over in a hurry if needed most will have to be 'public order trained' keeping in mind the whole uk police strength is 150,000 ... A good few would be dragged out kicking and screaming I bet !!! It's only about twenty five bodies per Police force... I keep getting told I'm mad to think about a transfer but that's life ...

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭kitchensink

I was told today by an inspector that I know well that a recruitment campaign is planned for the next 5 to 6 months time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭wannabe2010

5 or 6 months? Recruitment? For brand new civies??

5 or 6 months? Recruitment? For brand new civies??

I was told that it would be for new officers.
    I noticed on here some one mentioned a new recruitment campaign for assistant investigators.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DawgElite

Our luck may have changed. Here's hoping. This will be my 8th year attempting to get into the Force. Not counting my chickens but continue to go for my goal I will.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

This would be amazing if true

• Registered Users Posts: 38 black hack

Just heard recruitment startin sept 2013

• Advertisement

black hack wrote: »
    Just heard recruitment startin sept 2013

Please do expand on your story :)

Speaking to a person from psni training who said recruiting starting sept next year for intake in2014. He said it would be for garnerville as desertcreat not even started. I cant 100% verify this but he seems pretty sure

• Registered Users Posts: 29 M2010

I also heard word from PSNI training that a recruitment campaign is planned for 2013. He wasn't able to confirm the exact month though.

That would be great if it was officially confirmed :D

Also heard from another psni guy that all the trainers that used to be based at garnerville were at a meeting last week. He seemed to think that it was related about going back to gv. This could be just wishful thinking of course but heres hoping

Any mention of how many places etc?

Would be great if they started the ball rolling in early 2013!

No sorry, no mention of numbers or what format the process will take.

black hack wrote: »
    No sorry, no mention of numbers or what format the process will take.

I just happy with the prospect of some recruitment whether it be in January or September

Wonder would a FOI request bear any fruit?

Not too sure but I doubt it as id say they are still only considering! who knows maybe im wrong!

You really in Deutschland?

• Advertisement

It would be worth a try, but i don't know how to go about doing so.

And Yep I am indeed, but not living constantly out here, maybe 3 weeks there and 2 at home. Centuries ahead of us out here, its crazy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

So rumours of a 2013 campaign. Where have I heard that before? ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056685904

Anyway, it's great to hear this rumour picking up pace. Lets hope it proves to be true.

Advertisement