Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Earring storage

• 19-09-2012 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭

I have A LOT of earrings (studs, dangly, small, dainty, heavy chandalier types). I have them stored in boxes according to style and was going through them all today and found loads I forgot I had because even though they are categorised to a degree they are all tangled.

How do other people organise earrings to find them and clearly see what they have? Or a way of keeping pairs together without having individual boxes for each pair? It's too late for me to keep the original packaging as many of my earrings are years old and the packaging is long gone. I wan't something I can fit in a drawer as I don't wan't the clutter of them lying around the room.

Please help :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

I have these hangers with clear pouches that I hang up in my wardrobe. You get them in the jewellery section in penneys! They are double sided with maybe 15 pouches each side and each pouch would hold 2-3 pairs of earrings. The pouches are see-through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Awesome-O

I have these hangers with clear pouches that I hang up in my wardrobe. You get them in the jewellery section in penneys! They are double sided with maybe 15 pouches each side and each pouch would hold 2-3 pairs of earrings. The pouches are see-through.

Really, I've never deen these, they sound perfect. I'll head over today and see if I can get one. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

You can often get the hangers in pennys.

I wear mainly stud earrings and use a container I bought in the chemist. It a tray of little boxes with lids. It for people to put there tablets in for each day of the month. It was only a couple of euros but is very handy.

I bought one of the hangers in Pennys today, it's great for my big, bulky earrings and have some necklaces in too. Have my smaller danglys and studs in 2 boxes all mixed up, might look into the pill box for next weeks 'Spring cleaning' session

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Miaireland wrote: »
    You can often get the hangers in pennys.

I wear mainly stud earrings and use a container I bought in the chemist. It a tray of little boxes with lids. It for people to put there tablets in for each day of the month. It was only a couple of euros but is very handy.
    This is such a good idea, I'd never have thought of those pill boxes.

For my jewellery - I have some hanging on a jewellery stand, more in a jewellery box, and the rest is stored in old (small) shoe boxes.

For my 'good' jewellery (jewellery bought in a jewellers, mostly presents) I keep the original packaging and have that in the shoe box along with the costume jewellery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I use one of those frying pan splatter guards. http://lighthousefortheblind-duluth.org/lvstore/images/K320%20splatter%20guard.jpg have it hanging on a nail and it works a treat. Very easy to see the earrings on and it's pretty too.

Apologies if the pic is huge.

Pic was huge. Link instead

Very clever, I love this idea

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I have my jewellery on a cork notice board. I hang earrings on a drawing pin, or else just stick then directly into the board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭maggie_cork

what i did before because i had room on a wall is get a scarf/shawl and hang it on wall at both ends.. maybe by using sticky hooks.. then u can easily stick in the earings into the shawl.. might seem like a silly and stupid idea but i got the idea from a girl i know when i saw it on her wall. adds cool feature to room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I bought a jewellery tree in M & S. it's wire with a metal meche and loops and things coming out if it too. It's shaped like a butterfly. Stores studs, danglies, bracelets, necklaces etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement