Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The death has occurred of good spuds.. RIP

2»

Comments

So we all know that Jesus had a disciple bring the potato to Ireland

Heh, would love to meet the lad that came up with that one, its good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

mike65 wrote: »
    What did we bulk out a meal with before Walter Raleigh/Francis Drake/ Thomas Harriot came back with potatoes?
    Bread mostly ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Edz87 wrote: »
    So we all know that Jesus had a disciple bring the potato to Ireland

Heh, would love to meet the lad that came up with that one, its good.

It reminded me of an experience relayed to me by a nurse in a London hospital where a guy walked into A&E in what she described as physically visible discomfort.

His story was he was "peeling some potatoes in the nude, when he just happened to fall back on top of one and it went up his bum"! :pac:

It took her about half an hour to tell the story she was laughing so much! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

You should try the potatoes here in Australia. Fupping god awful wet things most of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

It reminded me of an experience relayed to me by a nurse in a London hospital where a guy walked into A&E in what she described as physically visible discomfort.

His story was he was "peeling some potatoes in the nude, when he just happened to fall back on top of one and it went up his bum"! :pac:

It took her about half an hour to tell the story she was laughing so much! :D

See, if that actually happens, I don't understand why people bother lying. It only makes an embarrassing situation more mortifying. I'd just be like:

"Look...I know what happened, you know what happened. There's no getting around this: a potato is lodged, quite severely, in my arse. Don't ask me why a potato. It just seemed like the thing to be doing with myself at that particular moment in time. Can you do something about it and please not tell your friends my name when you get home? Thank you."

Advertisement