Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Deftones song - Leathers

Options
  • 19-09-2012 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

Free download for Leathers : http://smarturl.it/leathers

After a slight delay (this was supposed to be out yesterday) the lead up to Deftones new album Koi No Yokan has begun.

The tracklist has been announced as the following

1. Poltergeist
    2. Romantic Dreams
    3. Leathers
    4. Swerve City
    5. Entombed
    6. Graphic Nature
    7. Tempest
    8. Gauze
    9. Rosemary
    10. Goon Squad
    11. What Happened To You?

Poltergeist is Roller Derby for those who have been keeping close watch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

'Leathers' is decent, it's got that nice melodic hook throughout, but I'm not mad about it. The intro seems a little at odds with the main bulk of the tune, they don't feel all that compatible to me.

I never expected this album to blow me away, but I'll definitely be giving it my fair share of listens. If they can produce another album on par or a little better than Diamond Eyes, then I'll be a happy listener.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I like it. Looking forward to the album..................this and the new Soundgarden to look forward to before the turn of the year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Lulls you in and smashes you in the jaw. They haven’t been over here for the last two albums I believe? Looks like a trip to England is on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AlanFurl

I really like the song, seems to be an improvement over the last album which I wasn't too keen on. Hopefully the new one will be on par with White Pony/Around the Fur/Deftones but wishful thinking, me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

This band have never let me down from when Adrenaline first came out. I really like this tune. If they don't play here, I'll be going over to London like I did last year. Saw them in Shepard's Bush Empire and it was nothing short of spectacular!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I f*ckin' love it tbh, especially the first minute or so :D Can't wait to see 'em live again.

Yes, I certainly hope they pay Ireland a visit with the release of this album. If not, I may consider travelling to see them.

did they not play 2 nights in the ambassador after the self titled album? 2 albums ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

seachto7 wrote: »
    did they not play 2 nights in the ambassador after the self titled album? 2 albums ago?

Yep, went to both nights.

Those two dates were with the release of Saturday Night Wrist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I went on the first night, got Fireal and went away happy. I think I'll go to England for them if there's no Irish date this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Liking the new one, judging form this and from a few live recording of other new songs, it sounds like it going be another great album.

Live clips of poltergeist sound good too...

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Sounds class this new track - Chino vocals amazing but im sure due to the production and stephen back using a 6 string

^Vocals sound great, similar to ††† :).

Looking forward to hearing the album, not long now.

can't wait for this album, and will make a point of trying to see them live. They need to get a live dvd out......... \m/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

seachto7 wrote: »
    can't wait for this album, and will make a point of trying to see them live. They need to get a live dvd out......... \m/

There are a good few full live shows up on YouTube - they might get you through!

New album cover.

deftonesknylayered.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Vaxxine

Sweet album cover! Cannot wait for this album. I really hope they play over here again. The only time I seen them was in London when A Perfect Circle supported, many years ago!

• Advertisement

Vaxxine wrote: »
    Sweet album cover!

Yeah! They've gone back to the Saturday Night Wrist type font too :cool:.

Here's the studio version of Rosemary if any ones interested. Sounds deadly.

Pre-ordered on itunes....... \m/

Well, since this is back on the first page, here's an album teaser video that they just put up on youtube

And I was going to post a link to previews of every song on the album (they were 30-40s secs each) on amazon.fr but they've since been taken down :(

The uh..floodgates are open..

as in, it's leaked?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Seems so, My facebook feed is littered with how good it is, damn I'm not finished work for another 6 hours

Its unreal, only listened to it once but its a great follow up to diamond eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Album is perfect progression from Diamond Eyes. Really liking it.

Advertisement