Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Deftones song - Leathers

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Listened to the album in full for the first time today and it is a lot better than I was expecting. Strikes me as an album that will reward multiple listens up loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Kess73 wrote: »
    Listened to the album in full for the first time today and it is a lot better than I was expecting. Strikes me as an album that will reward multiple listens up loud.

Exactly i hope my neighbours agree this w/end..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Poltergeist and Gauze are the immediate standouts for me, The album is like a cross between SNW and Diamond Eyes in that it's styled like Diamond Eyes but it's fleshed out like SNW was.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Poltergeist, Severe City and Entombed are the ones that that stand out the most form me. Entombed really sounds like it could of been from Chino's side project crosses. Listened to it a good few times over that last few days and I think it gets better with each listen.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I've only managed to listen to it in full once and it's great! I think Diamond Eyes was more of an instant hit for me, but this is definitely a grower and that's a good thing for me as I tend to listen to the same thing over and over again till I get sick of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I’ve only had one listen on the way into work this morning. Me’h, nothing new, sounded stale, regurgitated, songs they had on the back burner almost. Even the picture of them on the back of the cd, well they look quite bored. Think two maybe three tracks stood out.

What’s this there 7th album? Deftones are my favourite band and I’ll certainly give the new album several plays. But over the years any album I’ve listened to of theirs on first listen, this has been the weakest.

Combine the last few albums into one and you’d have a worthy album. Hope I come to enjoy this album given time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It is defo a bit of a grower. When I first listened to it it surprised me as my expectations were not too high, but after a few listens it starts to become an album that you want to put on again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Giving the new album a listen now. It's the first Deftones album I've listened to since Saturday Night Wrist and it's actually not bad. I didn't feel compelled to check out Diamond Eyes but this certainly seems like a progression from SNW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

It's certainly not as immediate as the fantastic Diamond Eyes was. That was one of their finest and most consistent releases yet but this one might take a few listens to register.

Graphic Nature - savage tune. Warming to the album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

One of the best albums I've listened to all year IMO. Gets better with every listen.

One of the best albums I've listened to all year IMO. Gets better with every listen.

I hated it off the bat, now I think it's one of there greatest albums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

I find it a very enjoyable album. I will always regard the days of Terry Date as extra special, but I really admire Deftones' ability to stay together all these years and keep producing quality albums for us to listen to. It's a pity they're not doing a show in Ireland, I'd love to see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Really good guitar and bass sound on this album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Interesting to see they were announced for Reading/Leeds thought they were a cert for Download.

Advertisement