Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermal imaging to sort out problems with cold spots

• 19-09-2012 11:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭

We built our house in 2005. our problem is that from october on there are one or two rooms you wouldnt sit in with the cold,.,.

Ive noticed mould on the inside of one bedroom window internally on both sides of window frame. The amount of window frame ;on show; seems a lot to me about 2,5 inches. Also im disapointed with the lack of sound insulation.Come 7am its like mondello park on a race weekend.

How should i address this problem. Should i take off the plaster around the entire window frame and seal with expanding foam, and build up a deeper plastering job around the window, including under the window board. When built, there was an awful lot of ;thats not my job; going on and id say that when they werent being watched the plasterers just carried on and ignored the fact that there was no foam seal round the window frames
    Someone suggested getting a thermal imaging guy (girl) to look at the house for me. any suggestions / wisdom for me thanks
    :confused:
    ps what sort of costs are involved in thermal imaging in West of ireland. There is currently no BER on the property.

Comments

Advertisement