Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brushed my teeth for 15 mins

• 20-09-2012 12:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

Now I know you're only supposed to brush for 2 mins, 30 seconds per sixteen, but I can't help doing this. I often makes me a bit late for work.
    I floss first for about 5, but that's just because I'm so **** at it.

Is anyone else a little obsessive about brushing their teeth or similar.
    I'm not doing any good after brushing for 2 mins but it's just a sort of mental thing I can't break. Maybe a bit of OCD, but I don't think it is actually, just something I've built up over time.
    I wash my hands waaay to long and often too, which is equally as pointless and annoying for me.

Lastly, sometimes I brush my teeth at about 10, and can't eat anything after that obviously, but I might drink some water. Not horrible tap water though, volvic. Is there a need to brush again after that? What about milk...?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Feck off Teddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

any pic of your teeth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Feck off Teddy.
    Why:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Engage in some TPN. Getting fed intravenously will help you in your battle to keep the teeth clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Ristiano Conaldo

Next on Tonight With Teddy, he reveals what he had for breakfast!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭TheBoss!

Thinly veiled: "Ladies, if you fancy some tonsil tennis at the AH Beers, I'm your man!" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Try including more sex in your diet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

I brush 5/6 times a day,i must brush after every meal or i cannot function as a human being.

The worst is after a curry or Chinese,i must brush within 10 minutes or i break down.

I carry a brush with me to the cinema and after the movie i brush in the bathroom,all the coke and popcorn leave your mouth feeling dirty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

That be OCD. Nothing should be done to yourself continuously for 15 minutes.

Give yourself a hand shandy for 15 minutes. How Derek and the two Mc Loughlins feel after that assault is the same as your teeth feel except they cannot send the same signals to your brain as yer todger.

I brush 5/6 times a day,i must brush after every meal or i cannot function as a human being.

The worst is after a curry or Chinese,i must brush within 10 minutes or i break down.

I carry a brush with me to the cinema and after the movie i brush in the bathroom,all the coke and popcorn leave your mouth feeling dirty.[/QUOTE]
    Is this true or are you taking the piss out of me?
    You can get these things to wipe your teeth with for when you're on the go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭Totofan99

If you're brushing your teeth that much it's one of the worst things you can do! You'll take the enamel off your teeth!

Totofan99 wrote: »
    If you're brushing your teeth that much it's one of the worst things you can do! You'll take the enamel off your teeth!
    I think it's making the gum drop to low too and the area that's below is now above. :(
    No, it can't be good.
    I'll have to fix it. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Buy an electric toothbrush and tepe brushes.

Trust me Teddy, this is the only advice I'll ever give anyone on the interweb, and it's damn good advice at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

I think it's making the gum drop to low too and the area that's below is now above. :(
    No, it can't be good.
    drruurrrll.....gumdrops........drrurrlll

Where To wrote: »
    Buy an electric toothbrush and tepe brushes.

Trust me Teddy, this is the only advice I'll ever give anyone on the interweb, and it's damn good advice at that.
    I had an electric that vibrated (sexy much?) after 30 seconds to tell you to move on to the next 16, but if you brush for ages with lots of tooth paste it's a different feeling on your teeth, and wrongly in my head now that's what I need for them to feel clean. I will have to break this!
    But thank you,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

well done Teddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I brush for about 5mins... another 5mins to play with the water till it gets warm and wash the brush...

And I don't know how to use a floss. It always puzzled me how one could use a wire to clean something...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Not as extreme but I can't even get dressed without having a shower. Even pull on a t-shirt and jeans to put the bin out... have to have a shower first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I had an electric that vibrated (sexy much?) after 30 seconds to tell you to move on to the next 16, but if you brush for ages with lots of tooth paste it's a different feeling on your teeth, and wrongly in my head now that's what I need for them to feel clean. I will have to break this!
    But thank you,

This may be an urban myth but I think you can damage the enamel by over brushing to that extreme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

One tip about brushing teeth.

Do not allow anyone to do it for you.It is not a nice feeling to have someone else to brush your teeth,they do not apply the correct amount of pressure and do not hit all the hard to reach places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BOF666

No, it can't be good.

Just don't brush for so long... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Teddy, I'm getting a bit worried about you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Just stick them in a glass of water beside your bed at night - they'll be grand

Advertisement