Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything for mums and babies in Galway?

Options
  • 20-09-2012 8:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

Are there any groups or anything for mums and babies in the city? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

For support groups there are several such as breastfeeding assistance in the hospital and around Shantalla. I think that details of a lot of them are available in the maternity outpatients.

If it's for activities, I'm not sure what's out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Fey! wrote: »
    For support groups there are several such as breastfeeding assistance in the hospital and around Shantalla. I think that details of a lot of them are available in the maternity outpatients.

If it's for activities, I'm not sure what's out there.

Yeah for activities as I'm not breastfeeding anymore. Thanks anyway

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Where in the city are you?

If you contact the public health nurse, they can put you on to a group with babies the same age as yours. They normally meet on the west side of the city (as it's pretty much a knocknacarra thing), but there's always people from all over.

Also I think the Oslo in salthill have one on a Wednesday morning.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Where in the city are you?

If you contact the public health nurse, they can put you on to a group with babies the same age as yours. They normally meet on the west side of the city (as it's pretty much a knocknacarra thing), but there's always people from all over.

Also I think the Oslo in salthill have one on a Wednesday morning.
    Oh great thanks. I'll contact the phn. I'm in Knocknacarra. Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

For future reference ('cos I know that Google loves boards), just search for "mothers and babies" and the area you want - there are lots and lots of groups out there.

• Advertisement

JustMary wrote: »
    For future reference ('cos I know that Google loves boards), just search for "mothers and babies" and the area you want - there are lots and lots of groups out there.

Thanks, I already did that yesterday but anything that popped up and I rang about was either not on anymore or not starting anytime soon!

Thanks, I already did that yesterday but anything that popped up and I rang about was either not on anymore or not starting anytime soon!

Yup. There really isn't that much around Galway in terms of groups. Not active ones at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tipptopper

Oh great thanks. I'll contact the phn. I'm in Knocknacarra. Thanks for that!

Mother and baby club in the Clybaun hotel, not sure what mornings though, it's a while since I've been in there.

tipptopper wrote: »
    Mother and baby club in the Clybaun hotel, not sure what mornings though, it's a while since I've been in there.

That's the one run by the public health nurses.

• Advertisement
Advertisement