Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Memory Management Blue Screen Crash

• 20-09-2012 8:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi

Any help on this would be appreciated.

On my Dell Dimension 3100 Windows XP SP2 I'm getting a Memory Management Blue Screen Crash. I took out the 2 sticks of ram, replaced it with 1 new (good) one. It boots up but after about 2 to 3 mins it then crashes with the same blue screen

I'm not able to burn memtest to a CD as it crashes before i can finish it & I couldn't see any memory diagnostic tools under windows Ctrl Panel

In Safe mode I ran a chkdsk and that was fine (probably no relevance), and in Safe mode it doesn't seem to crash

I didn't change any settings before the crash happened (& I did a system restore and that didn't help)
    Any other suggestions before I bring it to a repair place ?

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Hi

Any help on this would be appreciated.

On my Dell Dimension 3100 Windows XP SP2 I'm getting a Memory Management Blue Screen Crash. I took out the 2 sticks of ram, replaced it with 1 new (good) one. It boots up but after about 2 to 3 mins it then crashes with the same blue screen

I'm not able to burn memtest to a CD as it crashes before i can finish it & I couldn't see any memory diagnostic tools under windows Ctrl Panel

In Safe mode I ran a chkdsk and that was fine (probably no relevance), and in Safe mode it doesn't seem to crash

I didn't change any settings before the crash happened (& I did a system restore and that didn't help)
    Any other suggestions before I bring it to a repair place ?

Thanks a lot

Slow boot up could indicate failing hard disk. Chkdsk isn't always that relyable. If you could burn the ubcd from another machine this would be a better tool to help diagnose.
    Are temperatures in the system ok?

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭bernardamaac.

Yup chkdisk is useless.Anychance its a driver issue or are you sure its a memory fault also before you got a new stick of ram did you have 2 or 1 stick before it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭lukegriffen

Thanks for the replies guys, I finally managed to crack it tonight, Bernardamaac you were spot on, it turned out to be a driver issue, due to "Deadlock Detection in Driver Verifier Is Turned on and Norton Antivirus Is Installed"

I followed this link , uninstalled NIS and everything's hunky dory now.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325672

Thanks again

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Good ole Norton screwing things up, glad you got it sorted :)

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭bernardamaac.

Thanks for the replies guys, I finally managed to crack it tonight, Bernardamaac you were spot on, it turned out to be a driver issue, due to "Deadlock Detection in Driver Verifier Is Turned on and Norton Antivirus Is Installed"

I followed this link , uninstalled NIS and everything's hunky dory now.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325672

Thanks again

No problem! If you ever get stuck for driver's i hear driver pack solution is excellent and free.

• Advertisement
Advertisement