Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

At what age do you cease being young?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

If you make constant Father Ted references and quotes and still expect people to laugh, you're old but don't realise it.

If you're over 40 and wearing leopard print shoes, same goes for you.

If you're under 40 and look forward to Dancing With The Stars, you were never young.

If you give a little groan getting out of an armchair, the decline is well underway whether you're 15 or 45.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

animaal wrote: »
    I reckon you're no longer young when you become independent. For most people, that's when they leave education, get their own home, and start working. But I'm not sure that being 40 and living with Mammy makes you young...

Then you become middle-aged when you have kids and a mortgage.

Not sure about old, I'm not there yet. Probably when you start giving out about young people.

The Spanish leave home in their mid 30s and interestingly, that's when they consider youth to end - around 35. Sweeet. Love living here.
    Madam_X wrote: »
    And anyone who thinks that is just a clueless 19-year-old kid.

What's this thing about people acting as if they're about 80 when they're young? Talk about sucking the enjoyment out of life. I'd rather be 40 and having a laugh than one of those 22-year-olds who think life's over because they're not 18 anymore.

Stop the lights!! I don't think I ever thought that way and I don't think I ever will. Never had any kind of crisis over a birthday ffs. This "Ooooh gaaawd the big three oh!!! :("...would you shut the fook up for the love of god. People genuinely having some kind of crisis over turning 30....or even worse - 25! :rolleyes: Please stop. You're making a tit of yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    I would conside maybe 41 or 42

Its just that by then there are a lot of things you dont feel like doing anymore and you dont have to prove anything to anyone

That sounds so liberating.
    It must be the number one perk of ageing.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭The Master of Disaster

It's easy, just take a standard one hundred years and;

0 - 40: Young
    40 - 60: Middle Aged (Literally)
    60 - 100: Old
    100 + : A demon of the ancient world!

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

anncoates wrote: »
    To be honest i never thought it was funny in the first place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Mossess

It’s 29. You peak at 27 and get 2 years grace, but once you turn 30 that’s it. You are no longer young. It’s not about how you feel inside, I’m 35 and I feel the exact same as I did when I was 15. Physically though it takes me a lot longer to recover from anything. Anything. Going out for beer now takes 2 to 5 days to recover from, When I was 18 the worst was over by 11am. If I go for a run I’ll feel it the next day. I can only imagine it’s only going to get worse as time goes on. So, once again. The Sun really does set at 29.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭talla10

I always thought you were old when you had a mortgage.

Then I got a mortgage. So old became when you get married.

Then I got married. So old is now when you have kids!!

I'm only 27 so telling myself Im very young to be settled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

talla10 wrote: »
    I always thought you were old when you had a mortgage.

Then I got a mortgage. So old became when you get married.

Then I got married. So old is now when you have kids!!

I'm only 27 so telling myself Im very young to be settled!

You are :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

scamalert wrote: »
    was buying beer in tesco the other day,woman at the counter looks at me,and says any ID on you :)
    i replied dont i look 25 :D,anyway i showed my ID and she goes you must have lots of trouble on nights out and in pubs,
    as you barely look 18.Anyway i laughed it off i do look young and wish i was,as shaving every morning is pain in the a$$,doesn't even need half day for hair to start popping out.

You will be glad in 10 years time when you still look young for your age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'm nearly 38 but I feel in better shape than I was in my early 20's as I'm not skullin pints every weekend and waking up like death warmed over.

I also excerise as well which I never did in my 20's.

Only down side is I'm going a bit light on top:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

AnonoBoy wrote: »

Confirmation there that AnonoBoy is an old git!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Gee Bag wrote: »
    Confirmation there that AnonoBoy is an old git!

You can't argue with the classics dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

I'm nearly 38 but I feel in better shape than I was in my early 20's as I'm not skullin pints every weekend and waking up like death warmed over.

I also excerise as well which I never did in my 20's.

Only down side is I'm going a bit light on top:(
    I went light on top when i was 17:(

i think you got off lightly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Mossess wrote: »
    It’s 29. You peak at 27 and get 2 years grace, but once you turn 30 that’s it. You are no longer young. It’s not about how you feel inside, I’m 35 and I feel the exact same as I did when I was 15. Physically though it takes me a lot longer to recover from anything. Anything. Going out for beer now takes 2 to 5 days to recover from, When I was 18 the worst was over by 11am. If I go for a run I’ll feel it the next day. I can only imagine it’s only going to get worse as time goes on. So, once again. The Sun really does set at 29.
    For you. I didn't start suddenly feeling older physically at all when I turned 30. A little bit at 32/33, but really not much. I reckon a lot of the feeling old comes from overthinking it - or feeling like you *should* feel older.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

According to an episode of Horizon I saw last year your brain starts to shrink when you turn 20, when you're 27 your memory starts to diminish and at age 40 you lose 10,000 brain cells a day.

That doesn't mean you go senile or forget the names of your loved ones or anything but you start forgetting things like facts you once knew. For instance I'm 36. I love music but lately I've started to forget things like song lyrics or the year when an album was released. I haven't totally forgotten these things, but it takes me longer to remember them than it used to.

Apart from that though I feel pretty young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

About three fiddy

**** off.

Advertisement