Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WLR Ad

Options
  • 20-09-2012 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how much it cost to put an ad on WLR a number of times each day. I have heard on that Waterford County Council have on asking/telling people to pay their household tax. I was wondering how many people's €100 have they spent in getting the ad put on air. I do know of someone that enquired about an ad that would go out over the summer a few times a day on a thursday, friday and saturday, and they were going to be changed something like €8,000.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭AlarmBelle

Black Suir wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much it cost to put an ad on WLR a number of times each day. I have heard on that Waterford County Council have on asking/telling people to pay their household tax. I was wondering how many people's €100 have they spent in getting the ad put on air. I do know of someone that enquired about an ad that would go out over the summer a few times a day on a thursday, friday and saturday, and they were going to be changed something like €8,000.
    make a freedom of information request to the council. There is a charge

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

on the front of the observer this week it says that the council has spent nearly €30000 on promotion of the household charge.

There was €4767 on media promotion, €2952 of that on WLR and the rest on local papers.

I am assuming that the costs were only upto the March deadline as the rest of the costs written about are the opening of the offices prior to the deadline.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

fitzcoff wrote: »
    on the front of the observer this week it says that the council has spent nearly €30000 on promotion of the household charge.

There was €4767 on media promotion, €2952 of that on WLR and the rest on local papers.

I am assuming that the costs were only upto the March deadline as the rest of the costs written about are the opening of the offices prior to the deadline.

They would have been better off using the money to fill a few of the pot holes across the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ShatterResistant

Deise Tom wrote: »
    They would have been better off using the money to fill a few of the pot holes across the county.

The council will and does have its funding cut if x% don't pay the charge, so that could be counterproductive in the long run. Besides, the point of this years charge is mainly to get people on the register for the years to come where the actual figures will come in.

Personally, I agree with the principle of a property tax because it means I'm not paying for the Dublin bike service or the the dart etc. (These might be bad examples...) I'd like to see a time when propery taxes paid for the majority of local services from the monies collected locally. Of courses that charge would have to be much higher and income tax would have to fall correspondingly. This is very loose idea with a hundred pot holes of course (see what I did there ;))

Advertisement