Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IPad query

• 20-09-2012 9:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

Ive owned an Ipad (1st generation) since Dec 2010.

Its the 3g model so Ive never relied on WIFI for Internet access, I have an O2 sim and buy a 30 day broadband pass. This has worked perfectly up until last week, when the ipad displayed "No service".

I checked the broadband pass and it still had 9 days left. My monthly useage was way under the limit also.

I rang O2 and was advised to call into a store and get the sim replaced.
    This didn't fix the problem, so a report was logged with their tech team.
    A week later aand still no service I called them back and they said they could see no problem from their end and the problem must be the ipad.

I called to CompuB who ran a diagnostic test but the Ipad was fine.

Has anyone encountered this problem?

Theres a very faint signal when I take the Ipad to work but so slow, its unuseable. Theres no signal when I take it home, but this has never been a problem in the previous 18 months.

As I use the ipad daily, this is driving me bananas. Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Moved to Apple media devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Ive read a lot of forums and this problem seems to be rife.

I thought it may have been as a result of the IOS6 update, but as this update wasn't available on ipad 1, its not the problem.

Im surprised other people here haven't incurred this issue.

Im still trying to find a resolution :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

poundhound wrote: »
    Ive read a lot of forums and this problem seems to be rife.

I thought it may have been as a result of the IOS6 update, but as this update wasn't available on ipad 1, its not the problem.

Im surprised other people here haven't incurred this issue.

Im still trying to find a resolution :(

New one on me but did you try "Reset Network Settings"?

Also -can you try a SIM from another operator in it?

Ive tried both, but to no avail.

There seems to be varying degrees of this problem, with different fixes.

I read about turning aeroplane mode on and off then restarting the ipad, this worked for some people but not for me.

link: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3836552?start=90&tstart=0

Im stumped as to whether this is a software or hardware problem.

Ipad eventually replaced by apple under the EU consumer warranty law :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement