Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New borns and swaddling- what did you use?

Options
  • 20-09-2012 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

We plan to swaddle our baby and I'm just wondering what you used? A midwife recommended Aden & Anais.

We intend to use Gro bags after that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Gro bag do a nice soft swaddling blanket that we used, it was about 13 euro. I've seen them in Tescos and the like. Ikea do these really nice soft cotton sheets that you can use also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I just used one of those blankets... can't remember the name now... but they have the holes in them for circulation...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

January wrote: »
    I just used one of those blankets... can't remember the name now... but they have the holes in them for circulation...

I used one of them too, a tenner in Dunnes and it did the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Cellular blanket for my girl too. I didn't see much sense in buying a 'swaddle pod' or similar because not all babies like being swaddled, also we only did it for about 6 weeks so wouldn't have been worth our while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Oh God thank you Lola92... that was wrecking my head when I didn't remember the name of the blanket! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Future Baby

I used the GrowBag swaddling blanket too, then went into their growbags for the next stage. I got the growbags for 15 euros and swaddling blanket for 9 euros in TK Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Cellular blankets here too. They were still useful when both of mine decided they hated being swaddled after a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Small cellular blanket here too. Fold it into a triangle and off you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

fine merino wool blanket. had one of those swaddle wrap things that looks like a straight jacket but it was worse than useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

My sister-in-law sent me this https://www.halosleep.com/ over from Canada. It was a lifesaver !!
    I bought more on ebay - they deliver to Ireland no problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Gro swaddle blanket - brilliant for holding flailing arms snug!! Not v warm tho so I used a cellular blanket as a swaddle over it too. Did this til she was 4 months - then into m&s sleeping bag we also got as gifts!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Buyingcar2012

dublinlady wrote: »
    Gro swaddle blanket - brilliant for holding flailing arms snug!! Not v warm tho so I used a cellular blanket as a swaddle over it too. Did this til she was 4 months - then into m&s sleeping bag we also got as gifts!

Where did you pick up the Gro Bag swaddle? Arnotts didn't seem to have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

dublinlady wrote: »

Where did you pick up the Gro Bag swaddle? Arnotts didn't seem to have it.

Got as a present but since saw it in kealys in walkinstown!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

1 of the blankets from dunnes love them & bought a sleeping bag type thing off eBay it's great he's now gone into a grobag which I didn't use on dd

Advertisement