Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a woman's bag, looking to return it to owner

Options
  • 20-09-2012 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

I'm posting this on the odd chance that the person affected or someone she knows posts here. My wife and I found a woman's bag on Grantham St. by the Dublin Bikes station (around the corner from The Bleeding Horse). It's a cloth bag with some clothes and make up in it.

We think a woman in a purple who cycled past the station while we were getting bikes may have dropped it but we might be wrong. No ID, no name on anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Report it to the Garda Station local to that locale. The lady will discover her loss and then try to find out who might have her bag or, if they were honest, where they might hand it in .... ergo the local Garda Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Hand it into Kevin Street Garda Station I suppose,not much else you can do unless somebody comes foward on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Next time you're near Harcourt Station drop it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

You could stick up a little sign beside the bike station, as there is a good chance she frequents it. Don't put a description, just say bag found. Whoever describes it and it's contents, owns it. Short of that, drop it into a Garda station.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Merkin wrote: »
    Next time you're near Harcourt Station drop it in.

Isn't that closed now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Yeah,Harcourt Terrace has been amalgamated into Pearse Street Garda Station.

Kevin Street would be the nearest station to where the OP found the bag.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

You could post it on something like lost.ie as well.

Advertisement