Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bareroot Laurel

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

RubyGirl wrote: »
    I like the picture's paddy puts up, got some great ideas from them tbh, and he also post's some good advice. Now back onto laurels because I need to plant some aswell.

I live to give.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Bareroot Laurel on sale at Mulvey's Garden Centre just outside Athlone. €1:60 each or 100 for €150.
    Don't know how big they are, just saw the sign outside on way to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Oldtree wrote: »
    I used grass clippings mulch for this up to 3 inches thick, but do not allow it to settle around the base of the trunk as it can ringbark/damage bark by heat from composting or smother breathing above ground bark.
    I did this until the hedge got too thick and I had to find somthing else to do with the clippings.

Hi Oldtree, I am very interested in the use of grass clippings to keep weeds down, I had always thought that this was not advisable as they clippings would turn into mush (for want of better description). Are you using just the normal clippings from a lawnmower to control the weeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

yes, it does turn to a bit of a mush but during the summer the top dries off to form a kind of cap which keeps it in place, but it was for under a hedge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

I've always found futureforests good to deal with. They are taking orders now for bare root hedging, available from the end of October /early November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭paulztag

Thanks for all the recommendations..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Squiggle wrote: »
    I've always found futureforests good to deal with. They are taking orders now for bare root hedging, available from the end of October /early November.

As are PJ Larkin and sons.:)

Next day delievery too.

Advertisement