Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ramps

Options
  • 20-09-2012 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

Finally we've ramps on the spine road, the one thing the estate really genuinly needed.

anyone know who's putting these in?
    Management? Builders? Council?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Its the council - they have taken over the spine road as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

It's brilliant. Local to C'land we've had lights repaired, railings repaired, new ramps on and off pavements and now these new ramps. Great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Did someone mention a TD was living in the estate?

Anyway all cynicism aside it's great that the road is, hopefully, going to be a lot safer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

does that mean theyve taken over electrical costs and maintenance of the green there too?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

no ...just the road...we're all still responsible for the upkeep of the green area.
    This isn't such a bad thing.
    It means the green is still private property, and so there's no chance of a bunch of caravans arriving in the middle of the night.
    No too sure about the lighting though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

dubsgirl wrote: »
    Its the council - they have taken over the spine road as far as I know.

How do you know it's the Council? It was never reported anywhere which would make me doubt the council took the road in charge.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I spoke to kw, it was the council and zapi as part of planning agreement to hand over the common areas less the green.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I spoke to kw, it was the council and zapi as part of planning agreement to hand over the common areas less the green.

ok so it hasn't been handed over yet!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Funny that where ever the TD roams ramps are sure to follow. Crowe Abbey first and now Charlesland

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stevestevenson

What are they made of? Feels like I'm driving over a sponge :-)

• Advertisement

I think the Tarmac hasn't been compressed properly.

Basically means they won't last.

I thought I'd a flat going over them this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Hope Ya'll have paid yer Property tax!

theyll be a nocking.

Advertisement