Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Share Rent Excel Sheet for Rent & Bills

• 20-09-2012 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Would any of you fine people have an Excel Sheet you have made up to keep track of bills and mainly Rent payments?
    Something simple that can be quickly edited and printed. Or even blank for one to just print out and write the information on to?:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

I use the spreadsheet in google docs. This is better because it's free, and everyone can access it (even people without msoffice or pcs). You can easily share this document with housemates then. Also it's easy to lock it so housemates only have "read only" access, but there is also an edit history so they can see what changes have been made.

The sheet itself is pretty simple: has rows for gas, electricity, internets and bins - versus columns for the months. You don't need excel because there are no advanced features being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

srsly78 wrote: »
    I use the spreadsheet in google docs. This is better because it's free, and everyone can access it (even people without msoffice or pcs). You can easily share this document with housemates then. Also it's easy to lock it so housemates only have "read only" access, but there is also an edit history so they can see what changes have been made.

The sheet itself is pretty simple: has rows for gas, electricity, internets and bins - versus columns for the months. You don't need excel because there are no advanced features being used.

Never heard of that! Sounds great so they can log into that on the web even from another computer?
    My laptop has Vista and cant open excel or anything.
    I just googled it. there. this looks bloody PERFECT mate . Thanks!:D
    https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=writely&passive=1209600&continue=https://docs.google.com/%23&followup=https://docs.google.com/&ltmpl=homepage

Yep that's it. Can be accessed from anywhere via browser, even on a phone/tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

srsly78 wrote: »

Hows it going mate, Cant actually find this specific sheet, Is there a link to it you can send me or a file name i can search for? The one I found has rent only. :) Would be appreciated :cool: Also I set it up so I guess your tenants to access put in your email address, so i guess you need to put a totally different password to your other hotmail and gmail accounts

Err I just made my own. Does not need advanced spreadsheet skills...

Just put the months in the column headings, then the housemates in the rows. Just share the sheet with other people via their email address. Read the help files, it's very straight-forward. No they will not be able to read your email just because you share a spreadsheet with them. They will have to sign up to google probably tho.

• Advertisement
Advertisement