Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution 2013 -Impressions

Options
  • 20-09-2012 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,083 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

So has any body played it yet?

I got it yesterday on the PC (don't ask how!) and had a few games of Master League.

Has mentioned in the other thread we have a new batch of default players, and of course the are mostly crap!

The way the Master league plays is pretty much the same as last year, except its a girl telling you that transfers got accepted etc.

The youth team look to have a couple of decent players this year, with a few of them being better that what is available in the market, one of the was a CB that was 83 rated or something.

Transfers are a bit easier, your scout tells you the price they think a player will cost and also your likely hood of signing him.

I think somebody mentioned in the other thread about boots affecting players abilities, that seems to be correct. You win boots for certain things, which you can assign to a player to boost stats. I haven't seen this in play yet really, but it sounds awful!

As you could tell from the Demo, general play is a little different, seems good though. First thing i noticed is that you cant control players with the D-pad anymore (I play with a PS2 controller), I know i should have been playing with the Analog stick anyways but I have been playing Pro Evo since the Ps1 I was stuck in my old ways!

Shots seem to have a little more venom in them, which is no harm.

Tackling is a bit harder, you can pick up yellow cards for the shoot button tackle (double tapping square), the last game i played I got two players sent off only using that square tackle, a bit annoying but Im sure I'll get used to it.

Again as you can tell from the Demo, it looks nice. Im playing on a 27" monitor 2440x1440 or whatever the resolution and it looks great and plays well too.

Like last years version, it has crashed a couple of times for me in the menus (last years version did that for me on two seperate Pcs). The crashes I have had could be down to the no-Cd im using, hopefully when i pick up the game it doesnt suffer from the same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Sounds good but that assigning boots to get better stats sounds awful alright. Hopefully there might be an option to turn that off or if failing that it will just have to be ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Tackling is a bit harder, you can pick up yellow cards for the shoot button tackle (double tapping square), the last game i played I got two players sent off only using that square tackle, a bit annoying but Im sure I'll get used to it.

what tackle is that? never heard of it..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,083 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Giruilla wrote: »
    what tackle is that? never heard of it..

Its new to this game, its a poke a leg in kinda tackle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

I thinks its double tap pass button. That's what's in the demo but double tap square could be in training which isn't in the demo so maybe they've both?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Anyone have an opinion on which site does the best option file? I normally download the WENB file but was wondering if there was a better one out there.

• Advertisement

Keith186 wrote: »
    I thinks its double tap pass button. That's what's in the demo but double tap square could be in training which isn't in the demo so maybe they've both?

No your right, it is the pass button, had a mental block yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Will have it in a few hours, once I get used to all the manual controls it should be very enjoyable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Hey, how do I go about downloading the kits/names/teams for this. Will prob get it later and will want to know how to do it :)

Switching the exe to run in compatibility mode (windows xp sp3) seemed to help the crashing a little, but it is still crashing a bit.

I'll see if I can pick it up over the weekend, but Athlone isnt really the greatest place to buy PC games!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Is the online mode changed? Most importantly, can you replay people, and is it quick to check what connection speed you have with people before you confirm a game with them?

And anyone know if there's any option file released yet?

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    Is the online mode changed? Most importantly, can you replay people, and is it quick to check what connection speed you have with people before you confirm a game with them?

And anyone know if there's any option file released yet?

I haven't ventured online, im not sure my version would work online

• Registered Users Posts: 26,352 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Option files generally take a week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Have a look on PESGaming for Option Files, I'm gonna opt for the WENB one, although there is another one that has Bundesliga and Championship teams.

Bertser wrote: »
    Have a look on PESGaming for Option Files, I'm gonna opt for the WENB one, although there is another one that has Bundesliga and Championship teams.

How do you put them on your xbox? Or how do ya do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Got the demo of this last night. Haven't enjoyed a pes since 6 but this looks very good. If they had licencing they'd challenge Fifa this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

hefferboi wrote: »
    If they had licencing they'd challenge Fifa this year.

Very good point, licencing is my one major gripe with PES.

Just waiting for option files to be made available :(

There is already an option file available over on the WENB forum.

• Does anyone know if its possible on PES 13 for me and a mate to play 2 player MLO or 2 v 2 games from different consoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

It's not possible atm but after the October update 2v2 should be back.
    Disappointed by this myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭mossie

No league mode either very disappointed. Not matter league just standard league with two or more players.

• Advertisement

Is there a setting to stop the game 'Testing the Network Environment' every time you boot it up. It can take nearly 5 minutes every time.

Tesco, shower of twats. Just drove an hour to get the game and they don't have it. God!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tommy561

Prick! wrote: »
    Tesco, shower of twats. Just drove an hour to get the game and they don't have it. God!

What tescos was that? Going to go buy it in morning?

Tommy561 wrote: »
    What tescos was that? Going to go buy it in morning?

Will it defo be there tomorrow? any idea how much? 35 maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

hefferboi wrote: »
    Got the demo of this last night. Haven't enjoyed a pes since 6 but this looks very good. If they had licencing they'd challenge Fifa this year.

Like yourself, haven't enjoyed the series since 06.
    Been suckered into playing the versions but got disilluisoned with each.
    Gave in last year to fifa12 - still play it and really impressed. Just got Pes2013 and really like the feel of it. Will be giving this one a lot more time I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Seems a bit easy to score. Just point towards the corners when you're inside the box and it goes in.
    I like the game so far, played one game online and lost 5-3. What's the fair play option after a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tommy561

Prick! wrote: »
    Will it defo be there tomorrow? any idea how much? 35 maybe?

No idea. I'm hoping it will be. If not it will have to be the local star vision or game stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Like yourself, haven't enjoyed the series since 06.
    Been suckered into playing the versions but got disilluisoned with each.
    Gave in last year to fifa12 - still play it and really impressed. Just got Pes2013 and really like the feel of it. Will be giving this one a lot more time I feel.

Always hated Fifa up until 09. This year it looks like Konami are starting to get the finger out. Gameplay is very good and I can see Pes challenging in the next few years. I wouldn't mind switching either cos EA are cnuts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

whats online like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

NinjaK wrote: »
    whats online like?

In terms of lag online is very good, but in terms of options there's feckall until the community update in October.

Advertisement