Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution 2013 -Impressions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 WolfgangM

My first impressions as someone returning for the first time in a few.

It's a grower. It was slow to click with me, but I ended up in "just one more game" mode til the wee hours.

The soundtrack is awful, though the commentary is decent.

I had a bit of lag but only in a couple of games - played about six online games.

Graphics are pretty good, though I find the game looks less impressive if you push the camera too far out.

It feels very arcadey to me - not a bad thing. I just think Fifa feels more realistic to be honest. The shot mechanics feel great though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

WolfgangM wrote: »
    My first impressions as someone returning for the first time in a few.

It's a grower. It was slow to click with me, but I ended up in "just one more game" mode til the wee hours.

The soundtrack is awful, though the commentary is decent.

I had a bit of lag but only in a couple of games - played about six online games.

Graphics are pretty good, though I find the game looks less impressive if you push the camera too far out.

It feels very arcadey to me - not a bad thing. I just think Fifa feels more realistic to be honest. The shot mechanics feel great though.

I'm quite the opposite. i.e when a player turns around in real life he can't do it straight away usually. I've been playing fifa for the last 2 years. Going for pro evo this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭mossie

I was always a PES fan on PC, couldn't stand FIFA (always got a headache playing it). When I got an xbox it was FIFA I enjoyed more, well FIFA 10 and 11, hated FIFA 12. I probably played PES 12 more but to be honest I didn't like either that much. This year I will probably buy both again in the hopes of an improvement, and so far PES is OK but feels rushed or unfinished. The absence of online options, leagues not being available under competitions, little things. The commentary seems exactly the same as last year, referees crap as always. However it is fun and that's a plus so hopefully the issues will be resolved, but it shouldn't be necessary - all this should be in the released game not to follow in an update.

What's the story with player transfers? No RvP in the Utd team?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭doyler442

Prick! wrote: »
    What's the story with player transfers? No RvP in the Utd team?

They will be releasing an update in a few weeks with all the summer transfers. As mentioned by someone earlier, I feel this makes the game feel rushed as these are basics that should have been on the disk from day one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Has anyone managed to sign a player for their team in the first season of Master League? I've only gotten some youth team players to sign up.

Any good player suggestions?

There's actually a data pack to download already. downloading now. Not sure if this updates transfers?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

Prick! wrote: »
    There's actually a data pack to download already. downloading now. Not sure if this updates transfers?
    I think its mainly Spanish stadiums. Anyone get an option file yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

doyler442 wrote: »
    They will be releasing an update in a few weeks with all the summer transfers. As mentioned by someone earlier, I feel this makes the game feel rushed as these are basics that should have been on the disk from day one.

I know how you feel because it annoyed me in previous years, but to be fair this could have been at golden master stage and the disks being made up before the transfer deadline passed. Better to have one patch sort it out when it gets here than have a patch every time you boot the thing up as that annoys people just as much. If they wanted it on the disk you'd be waiting for the game to come out in the Christmas rush after Hallowe'en.

Other games do things very differently, but the PES team rely on a slower method which is maybe the worst way - I don't know about FIFA, but other sports games like NBA 2K make what feel like a huge number of small updates throughout the season and those games checks for updates on load-up and connects with 2k servers, not Xbox or PSN.

Haven't played this yet - I skipped last year's PES, but was impressed by the demo. Looking forward to a PES where I can leave the commentary on - I'd rather boring silence than listen to Lawro.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,352 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Zico-PES wrote: »
    I think its mainly Spanish stadiums. Anyone get an option file yet?

This one
    http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/wenb-eu-base-option-file/

For PS3.

Team names, leagues, stadia, kits etc all done. No transfers yet but I have a feeling they are going to wait until the OCT Konami DLC before bothering with that.

Konami need to cop on. The DLC for roster changes should be out on Day 1. No excuse for it.

EDIT:

The good people at WENB have today released a second option file with roster updates etc.

http://kitanamedia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11596

(Its just one file providing you have already updated using the first (PART 1) option file I linked above).

• Advertisement

Has anyone figured out how to change attack/defence levels manually during the game?

*Edit*

Never mind, found it in the manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Initial verdict after 4 hours.

I like it. Feels better than FIFA which I've had for the last while. Passing def seems to be up to u. If I mess up I feel like its my mistake. Shooting is good. Had some good matches against the bro. Haven't dipped into master league yet. Just need to get the option file sorted now

I might have to drop down from my traditional 'top player' setting.

This PES and the last one just cheat too much.

If you are a goal up and its the last 5 minutes and the opposition get the ball - that seems to be it. They score. Fcuk you etc.

Only had 2013 for a day and a half and I've seen it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,083 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Has anyone managed to sign a player for their team in the first season of Master League? I've only gotten some youth team players to sign up.

Any good player suggestions?

I signed this guy

CASTILLION

He is a tall (191) fairly fast (81) Striker that can be picked up reasonably cheap. I started with Swansea, i dont know if that makes a difference.

Ive had a weird start, Jumped straight into the online games (lack of lag has been pretty good so far)

First game, he picked Barca so i went madrid - scoring for fun and sloppy at the back - won 6-3. I was actually a bit worried thinking this is too easy to score in......next 4 games I was City, AC Milan, Juve, Napoli and I could not score! I was missing open goals, keeper was saving everything and I was getting really frustrated so turned it off, see how it goes tonight. I am liking it a lot though I have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Big Spoon

I really like it - mainly been playing Master League with the defaults (aka 'the unpronounceables) Defending is much improved - in PES 2012 if the CPU decided they were scoring that was that...this time you have the chance to make the tackle or interception, and can actually win the ball back high up the field - its fair! Also, I keep scoring different kinds of goals, and actually had an okay team starting off with a mixture of youth team and players recommended in the transfer targets.

Don't play online - but it's the best PES in many a long year for gameplay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Is there any way to turn off auto save in master league on the ps3, it's really slowing the game down :(

Is there any way to turn off auto save in master league on the ps3, it's really slowing the game down :(

There must be in general settings.

ML is incredibly slow though. The various screens, calendar watching etc you have to do between each game drives me nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

I'm going to take the plunge later today and get this. I've been away from PES since 2005, and turned to Fifa 10 but I didn't like it.

Let's hope this release marks the PES comeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,083 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Just a btw,

Anyone getting this on PC the cheapest I found it was Amazon at £22, you need to add something to your order to bring it over the £25 free delivery threshold.

It was €40 in gamestop

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    There must be in general settings.

ML is incredibly slow though. The various screens, calendar watching etc you have to do between each game drives me nuts.

I've been looking for that option too. I don't think it exists. The constant saving between days in ML is almost enough to consider not play it.

I've been looking for that option too. I don't think it exists. The constant saving between days in ML is almost enough to consider not play it.

An amazing oversight if true.

Sometime I wonder if people at Konami ever test their ML modes.

So they've actually extended the faffing about doing nothing (wasting your time) between games now? Rather than reduce it?

So they've actually extended the faffing about doing nothing (wasting your time) between games now? Rather than reduce it?

Yeah master league is a bit of a chore now, I was looking for a way to turn off auto saving but there doesn't seem to be any. Each fecking day it auto saves, it takes long enough to go trough the fecking topic things without auto saving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Absolutely love it!

So glad they brought back in the R2 close touch controls.. I mastered them back in 09.. should never have been taken out.

The knuckle shot, R3 touch... all welcome additions to my ISS arsenal.

Visually looks the exact same to me as 12.

Complaints if any, seems hard to intercept the ball whilst defending against on ground through balls... had a few sh*te goals conceded due to this. Short circle ball passes still dodgy/untrustworthy. Keepers throw out has power button but still unpredictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Big Spoon

L

You can use the 'skip to date' option. Just select the day of your next match...

Yeah master league is a bit of a chore now, I was looking for a way to turn off auto saving but there doesn't seem to be any. Each fecking day it auto saves, it takes long enough to go trough the fecking topic things without auto saving

Each day??

So you have to go through seven auto save sequences just to get to the next game?

Jesus Christ.

Each day??

So you have to go through seven auto save sequences just to get to the next game?

Jesus Christ.

Lol no it's not quite that bad, as the poster above said you can skip days until your next match but any day you select it auto saves

Lol no it's not quite that bad, as the poster above said you can skip days until your next match but any day you select it auto saves

Well, thats something I guess.

I really hoped they would shorten the faffing about from PES 2012 though - not increase it.

The online is terrible, suppose I shouldn't expect much else from a pes game. Can't play one touch football because of lag. Going to trade this in for fifa, the gameplay is good but I'm sick of the crappy online.

• Advertisement

The online is terrible, suppose I shouldn't expect much else from a pes game. Can't play one touch football because of lag. Going to trade this in for fifa, the gameplay is good but I'm sick of the crappy online.

Played 4 online games on Saturday and thought the online was a massive improvement.

Haven't played FIFA online so not sure about comparisons - maybe its not "FIFA-good".

Advertisement