Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution 2013 -Impressions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

noodler wrote: »
    Played 4 online games on Saturday and thought the online was a massive improvement.

Haven't played FIFA online so not sure about comparisons - maybe its not "FIFA-good".

I've always been a pro evo fan but the online is never up to scratch. It looks like it's grand but there's definite lag between pressing x or square and the player passing or shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The online in PES6 for the 360 is the best PES has ever been. It has never come close since.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Where the hell is the mypes Facebook thingy in personal settings? On the instruction manual it says it's on page 09 but I can't see it anywhere when I go to personal data settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Online mode looks a bit sparse but enjoying the matches thus far - no lag or slowness at all for me. Very slick.

Any idea when Online Ratings begin? I've played 6 matches but nothing has happened with it - still blank :/

/EDIT

Ah, possibly im waiting on this:
    Zico-PES wrote: »
    In terms of lag online is very good, but in terms of options there's feckall until the community update in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Vokes wrote: »
    Online mode looks a bit sparse but enjoying the matches thus far - no lag or slowness at all for me. Very slick.

Any idea when Online Ratings begin? I've played 6 matches but nothing has happened with it - still blank :/

/EDIT

Ah, possibly im waiting on this:
    Zico-PES wrote: »
    In terms of lag online is very good, but in terms of options there's feckall until the community update in October.

The online master league is a good mode to play!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Yeah master league is a bit of a chore now, I was looking for a way to turn off auto saving but there doesn't seem to be any. Each fecking day it auto saves, it takes long enough to go trough the fecking topic things without auto saving

If its saving every calender day you are stopping the calender by pressing X(Ps3) or A (360), it saves every match day for me, or if something of other importance comes up, doesnt seem to be a way of stopping auto saving.

I wonder does it have anything to do with boots, nicknames etc, trying to stop people cheating to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Girlfriend bought this for me when I got home from work yesturday =) , really like it I think it's a improvement on last year. The passing and movement from the players is much better. I don't really mind about the licence , never did it's just a much more realistic game to play than Fifa IMO. I hated last years Fifa and I'd been back on Fifa for a while but it annoyed me so much I traded it in for PES and haven't looked back , won't be this year either.

Data back doesn't contain the transfer updates yet , but it didn't take me long to do the main ones manually.

The one thing that stood out for me between PES and Fifa last year was this. In Fifa you rarely see something unexpected happen , like a deflection that twists the ball away from a goalkeeper , or a shot that slides under a wall of players and when it does happen it looks like a glitch not like a real game of football, I think PES catch's these moments and type of things much better making it a more realistic game for me.

PES is like Messi - Humble , Brilliant , does it's talking in the game and doesn't require huge endorsments.

Fifa is like Ronaldo - Huge sponsership , Ego , talks itself up constantly but for me never delivers where it really matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I played one game online and there was zero lag. That community update will improve things, it didn't look like many options available online.
    I like the game, hopefully a decent option file is out soon.

Starting the game, the testing network enviroment and establishing communication is annoying. And the saving after every game in a tournament is a pain in the arse. I'm guessing we'll get an option to turn off auto save in the next update.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Picked this up yesterday for PC after giving football games a miss completely since PES 2009. Enjoying it so far, the passing feels more fluid and more akin to pro evo of old.

Played a couple of matches online this morning and have to say I'm pleasantly surprised at how PES has come on since I last played it online.

Currently downloading the pesedit.com option file to update transfers, kits etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Does anyone know is there a Community menu in this version? Where you can save results each time you play your mates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

bantee wrote: »
    Does anyone know is there a Community menu in this version? Where you can save results each time you play your mates?

Nope there's not, why they take stuff out of the game is beyond me. I really liked the community thing cause I always played against my friends and loved looking at the stats. Also used to love the challenge training thing in the older pro evos, trying to get the ball into the red circle for the highest score, keeping possession of the football etc. And now they've also gotten rid of league mode :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Scriptiee

Hey guys many of you got it for PC? I bought a CD-key online and got my hands on the Clone DVD that allowed me to use install it however not play it ...( i know made a dumbass out of myself by not checkin if it was digital download)

Any of you willing to lend me the DVD for like a day so I can get it working on my PC? using Game Jackal for that so need it just to start the game intially on the PC and after that I am sorted.

I'm located in Clonee though could meet/pick it up from anywhere, case of beers (or whatever other you are into :P) will accompany me

Anyone do the training? I still think that 2 touch dribble and the nutmeg the keeper is impossible! Tried the 2 touch dribble about 50 times last night and couldn't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Scriptiee

2 touch dribble is quite simple just a RS to the side of the player and then nearly immediately LS back to the direction you were running.

The nutmeg of the keeper is tricky managed to do it on the training however dont think that will be something I rely on too much.

Nutmeg of a normal player is quite easy to do however not always successful for me. As it comes to run around didnt managed to do that yet ...

Any one up for helping me on my initial query? Please help out :( put my self in such **** situation of having the original code but not being able to play Online at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

As you could tell from the Demo, general play is a little different, seems good though. First thing i noticed is that you cant control players with the D-pad anymore (I play with a PS2 controller), I know i should have been playing with the Analog stick anyways but I have been playing Pro Evo since the Ps1 I was stuck in my old ways!

Not sure if this has been answered in the 5 pages that followed but you are able to change this, it took me a while to spot it too, I am also an old school D-pad player. When you go to change the buttons at the top it says movement and there is an option to press right and swap the stick for the D-Pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Really liking this more and more, if only I could get a chance to play it some more!!
    I play against CpU and friends, and against CPU, it reall plays an awful lot of high long balls forward that defender or keeper just pick off. Anyone notice that?
    Starting to get a bit annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

Cienciano wrote: »
    Anyone do the training? I still think that 2 touch dribble and the nutmeg the keeper is impossible! Tried the 2 touch dribble about 50 times last night and couldn't do it.

You have to let go of the LS then push the RS.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

The online is terrible, suppose I shouldn't expect much else from a pes game. Can't play one touch football because of lag. Going to trade this in for fifa, the gameplay is good but I'm sick of the crappy online.

What platform are you on? I'm on 360 and have had some great games, although I usually make sure the opponent is in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Finished my first season of master league on what ever the top difficulty is. Finished 11th or something.

Signed a decent few players on frees over the summer and Im about 10 games in , after a shaky start (lost my first 2) Im in the swing of things and Im second , and still in the cup.

Finished my first season of master league on what ever the top difficulty is. Finished 11th or something.

Signed a decent few players on frees over the summer and Im about 10 games in , after a shaky start (lost my first 2) Im in the swing of things and Im second , and still in the cup.
    Have you got an option file? The one I'm waiting for won't be ready for a day or 2. Good start to the master league on the top setting btw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,352 ✭✭✭✭noodler

http://kitanamedia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12969

WENB Option File V2 reales today.

1.0 was released pre-21st, 1.5 was released last Saturday and now 2.0 is here.

Outstanding work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Might be tempted to pick PES up if there's a custom option file made that replaces the current game commentary with PES 6's.

THE FANS ARE PROVIDING A NOISY AND COLOURFUL BACKDROP, TO THIS GREAT OCCASION.

SAILING ACROSS THE FACE OF GOAL

GLORIOUSLY DONE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Personally I think the game is muck, there is no good camera angle, doesn't reward skill players(so hard to get away from defenders with pace) keepers are still absolutely shocking, and some of the shot animations are atrocious.
    Last year I'm buying PES!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

I'm really enjoying this version. Feels like the emphasis is now on dribbling and intelligent passing, I love it! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Personally I think the game is muck, there is no good camera angle, doesn't reward skill players(so hard to get away from defenders with pace) keepers are still absolutely shocking, and some of the shot animations are atrocious.
    Last year I'm buying PES!

This is what I love about it.

How easy would it be just to sprint away from someone? How often does someone sprint around the outside of a player and get clean through?

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

It's good but the flaws are very annoying, headers are almost always directed way over the bar although it'd be impossible to do so in real life, Goalkeepers are still terrible, it's still impossible to dribble past players, free-kicks for the CPU are still scored too frequently and the AI is still ridiculously stupid in many cases. Still a massive upgrade on last year and I would never swap for FIFA because it's felt the same me since FIFA08.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Bertser wrote: »
    It's good but the flaws are very annoying, headers are almost always directed way over the bar although it'd be impossible to do so in real life, Goalkeepers are still terrible, it's still impossible to dribble past players, free-kicks for the CPU are still scored too frequently and the AI is still ridiculously stupid in many cases. Still a massive upgrade on last year and I would never swap for FIFA because it's felt the same me since FIFA08.

I can dribble around players.

Headers are annoying from corners alright, very hard score.

I couldn't dribble at the start, but can now (played a full champions league and about 8 friendlies so far).
    The computer hasn't scored a free kick yet, but I don't think I scored from a corner, or a header from a cross. If I did it was rare. My crosses keep going too close to the keeper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

What option file to get!

• Advertisement

Advertisement