Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution 2013 -Impressions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Rebel_Kn1ght

I'm loving it. Was a PES fan for years but moved to FIFA for 11 and 12 even though I wasn't a great fan of it. This one really feels back on form to me. FIFA is ok, it has the licences etc and the ability to change teams in career mode but once you have FIFA mastered you should never lose a game. PES is different. It always retains the ability to piss you off with a last minute goal or totally dominate a team only for them to score with their one shot on goal. It makes me want to chew the joypad in rage at times but for me it's 100 times better than the monotony of FIFA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

defenders catching up with defenders has to be a bug, that and the time it takes to release a through ball are the two worst aspects of a pretty addictable game thats growing on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭hairynipple

or someone like clint hill or andy wilkinson being able to catch up with aaron lennon with a 5 yard head start

still love the game! I for one will never change to FIFA!

I think its a pretty huge aspect though. The game doesn't value someone like Falcao, its basically a game of midfield battles and interceptions, its a game for the likes of De Rossi, Cambiasso, Toure, Fellaini(is a beast in it) not really a game for creative players, that's bad the blend needs to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

where's the cheapest place to buy pro evo?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

EdenHazard wrote: »
    I think its a pretty huge aspect though. The game doesn't value someone like Falcao, its basically a game of midfield battles and interceptions, its a game for the likes of De Rossi, Cambiasso, Toure, Fellaini(is a beast in it) not really a game for creative players, that's bad the blend needs to be there.

I disagree, ronaldo and the good dribblers are vital. They're close control is very important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Pauvre Con

Only played the demo but am suitably impressed enough to think about buying the full game. I've always been a PES fan, at least in the PS2 era but it got such a panning year on year for the current generation of platforms I must admit I steered clear of the series totally until now. I even crossed to the darkside a few years back and bought FIFA 09 but found it to be cack (although I gather they've upped their game too since) but as I now refuse to give EA any of my money it's either PES or nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Picked up PES for the first time since 2009. The game itself plays well - really enjoyable to keep posession and pass the ball around while you build up your attacks and the tackling system is handled brilliantly. However, I'm really disappointed by the lack of up to date squads.

I can accept the lack of licences and proper team names but to have Andy Carroll and Craig Bellamy still in the first choice 11 for Merseyside Red is just disappointing and lazy from Konami.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Played a handful of exhibition games and trying out a custom cup with Ireland.

Not liking is so far. Compared to the fifa13 demo, it doesn't feel right I guess.

Might be better in 1v1 but so far not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

kaimera wrote: »
    Played a handful of exhibition games and trying out a custom cup with Ireland.

Not liking is so far. Compared to the fifa13 demo, it doesn't feel right I guess.

Might be better in 1v1 but so far not impressed.
    If you're use to one, the other feels weird.

• Advertisement

Playing the virtual pro thing, how do I stop the "as a pro, you ought to know..." crap? Keeps coming up every game week :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Downloaded over 1gb worth of chants off of Winning Eleven Blog for the PS3 version. Absolutely brilliant, really improves the atmosphere of games which is the one thing I felt was lacking. Well worth your time installing them if you have it on PS3.

who has the proper kits? I keep getting files are corrupted for the previous link provided

EdenHazard wrote: »
    who has the proper kits? I keep getting files are corrupted for the previous link provided

Go to the option file thread on here. I think it's onlyproevoultion.com that has them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Downloaded over 1gb worth of chants off of Winning Eleven Blog for the PS3 version. Absolutely brilliant, really improves the atmosphere of games which is the one thing I felt was lacking. Well worth your time installing them if you have it on PS3.

Any chance you could provide a link/ how to do? sounds awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

I got a chant download for PES a couple of versions ago and a lot of them were very annoying. Some of them sounded like a few lads in a pub singing a crappy football song! And they play on a loop during the game as well! :(

1gb sounds like there should be a bit more variety though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm downloading the new patch 1.01 for PES now. I hope the roster update will updating in my Master League save file.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'm downloading the new patch 1.01 for PES now. I hope the roster update will updating in my Master League save file.

According to the forums on pesgaming there are issues with the latest DLC.

On topic,I already prefer this over 2012 which I couldn't warm to at all.(at least I got €30 trade in on it in Xtravision)

Haven't had a chance to play it as much as I'd like though:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

They've really ballsed up the online stuff this year. Everytime I go online to play there seems to be some sort of problem.

Yeah, Konami made an absolute mess of it. First patch caused the game to crash. So they have a second patch that does the exact same thing. How can they not test the bloody thing?
    What's that online thingie when you press R3? Just local matches? Made it in to select region, then city. When I'm in a lobby I can't play because I'm don't have the newest version. Which I can't download.
    Absolute rubbish!
    Actualy game is good though. Struggling to beat the computer, not even on the highest level yet!

• Advertisement

The game is good, better than any Fifa upto this point but from what I played of Fifa demo, fifa 13 is a better game than pro evo in some ways.

This game has the basic ingredients, its like the first pes i played on playstation 2(pes 3 i think) but jesus its taken them a long while, a whole console generation to get it right. and yet so many aspects of the game make it feel you could be playing pes 6( a whole 6 years later) Some of the shots in the game look quality but yet there doesn't seem to be the capability to play so many other type of shots, like low placed 'passed' shots into bottom corner(think of david silva) the goalkeepers have improved but ffs will they ever give more keeper stats and individuality. some of the keeper animations are so bad. what is up with still having that awkward as ****in mid air catch and dive they do?

I got a chant download for PES a couple of versions ago and a lot of them were very annoying. Some of them sounded like a few lads in a pub singing a crappy football song! And they play on a loop during the game as well! :(

1gb sounds like there should be a bit more variety though

never liked it at all, think it feels totally 'out of the game' would avoid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Cienciano wrote: »
    Yeah, Konami made an absolute mess of it. First patch caused the game to crash. So they have a second patch that does the exact same thing. How can they not test the bloody thing?
    What's that online thingie when you press R3? Just local matches? Made it in to select region, then city. When I'm in a lobby I can't play because I'm don't have the newest version. Which I can't download.
    Absolute rubbish!
    Actualy game is good though. Struggling to beat the computer, not even on the highest level yet!

Yeah I have the same problem as well. I get "Communication Error" message when I try to download it.

Last years online version I taught ran surprisingly well & was quite simple to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭flushje

Finally got this yesterday and fired up a master league with malaga. Its really **** that none of the transfers have been updated. Going to download a patch soon. Off-loaded Carzola to make it more realistic. Its class, better than fifa by a distance in terms of gameplay, ofc fifa has the realistic aspect with all the real team names etc.

With regards to heading, I was baffled myself, but it seems using the manual shot is the way forward. LT while shooting works like a charm!

Any decent transfer recommendations for the master league? Brought in hummels and Gotze. Hummells is an absolute beast at around 15m. Gotze is a bit weak but still good.

The boots thing is absolutely retarded. I was praying that after PES12 they would sort out the master league. Those menus and the calender are pointless, aswell as the whole animations from the secretary. Wish I could that **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where the hell I enter the online code so I can play online please?

Thanks!

mystic86 wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone tell me where the hell I enter the online code so I can play online please?

Thanks!

Online code? I don't remember putting one in and I've played online.

flushje wrote: »
    Any decent transfer recommendations for the master league?

I bought Hummels myself, not too impressed yet.

Houhei - amazing defender. I'm only three seasons in and he is rated 96 already.
    Gabi - all round useful midfielder.
    K. Naughton - pacey right-back. Cheap but good.
    Ahmdeov - another all round midfielder.
    Powell - the young midfielder from Man Utd. Turning out to be pretty good.

The Giantbomb guys have a Quicklook up on PES 2013. They are playing the 360 version and it looks like it is suffering from some pretty bad framerate problems. Has anyone noticed that?

I'm playing on PS3 and never noticed a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭flushje

I downloaded the smoke patch for the PC version. Its really awesome. All the real team names and trophy names. It also has german league and the championship. Completes the realism factor needed like fifa. Doing a master league with Spurs atm. Its quality - Got a few new signings. Persic from Bremen and a few young players.

• Advertisement

Is there a way of checking to see the internet connection between players before you commit to start a match? The only time I can see it is after you start a match. Then you realise their connection is shíte so the game is pointless, but you can't quit

Advertisement