Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution 2013 -Impressions

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Pauvre Con

raze wrote: »
    ....changing one of my full backs to a centre half (give me three transition defenders instead of two but I get no support upfield on right wing).

Do you even need to make the change? I find playing a conventional back four that the full backs tuck in so close to the middle of the pitch that essentially you're left with 4 centre-backs when the CPU has the ball and as a consequence it can often progress down the wings too far too easily!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Pauvre Con wrote: »
    Do you even need to make the change? I find playing a conventional back four that the full backs tuck in so close to the middle of the pitch that essentially you're left with 4 centre-backs when the CPU has the ball and as a consequence it can often progress down the wings too far too easily!

Nope, depending on who you're using or how you want to play you wouldn't have to. But there are some times when the opposing AI plays cheap chipped balls or lofted through balls, and friendly AI has come too far up to react. Typically your full backs will be pacier than your centre halves, so the cover comes marginally quicker if one is back waiting - even if he's only shouldering the runner on the ball giving the defense time to regroup.

Depends on what you're doing on attack too. If you've got the ball with your winger and you use right stick to send the full back to run ahead and cross quickly then that's not going to prevent the AI using the space left behind on a break if it wants. You don't really have to worry so much if you've got a back 4 without the ball, and at other times you've got 3 at the back right after your attack breaks down. Though you do have to decide whether it's the right or left flank you'll be crossing from.

Anyway, I'm not saying it's a good strategy (I am very bad at both Pro and FIFA, wouldn't give tips for what works all the time) - just that there are a few options worth playing around with because the default set-ups on a few teams will see your defense attempt counter-productive offside traps, or come short for a pointless pass taking them out of position and giving quick forwards the advantage if you lose the ball.

The point being, in single player it can feel like the AI is cheating when you're doing all right in the match - except those two times you lost the ball and both times concede from a quick punt upfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Thinking about picking this up on Pc tomorrow.

Any tips on what its like ?
    or anywhere to download some jersey mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭flushje

blobby360 wrote: »
    Thinking about picking this up on Pc tomorrow.

Any tips on what its like ?
    or anywhere to download some jersey mods.

There is a link in this thread somewhere, but http://www.pes-patch.com/?s=smoke

Really easy to install and its awesome

have to say im absolutely sick of playing online with everybody picking Madrid and just throwing ronaldo way up front and booting the ball over the top. I try to go for someone like Lazio or spurs or valencia but if someone goes Madrid i just pick city and literally have to play 4 CB's to try and stop ronaldo and sometimes that doesnt even work, its ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

flynner87 wrote: »
    have to say im absolutely sick of playing online with everybody picking Madrid and just throwing ronaldo way up front and booting the ball over the top. I try to go for someone like Lazio or spurs or valencia but if someone goes Madrid i just pick city and literally have to play 4 CB's to try and stop ronaldo and sometimes that doesnt even work, its ridiculous

Try master league online

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Exactly the reason I never want to play this game online. Only played maybe 5 games and every one was against either City or Madrid and it was stuff I felt like I had no options to deal with. "Uh oh, he's pressed L1-triangle again. Nice one."

More frustrating was when I watched one opponent pick City so I looked for a way to back out of the matchup - and I couldn't. So I refused to pick a team and let the clock count down so maybe it would kick me out, and it didn't. It randomly picked China. Played a half of football - still couldn't find an option to back out and just turned the machine off.

I think it's since been added in a patch that you can quit at half-time, and maybe I just didn't see what I was supposed to do.

Still, wouldn't have been tough to put the teams in bands like FIFA does - 5 star teams, 4 stars etc so maybe sometimes you could get different games which might be fun and different.

ye the way way FIFA does it would be much better, i cant understand why people just want to play with one team one tactic over and over again but whatever.

Cheers daRobot, never even thought of that, might give it a go

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone know how much this is in tesco's now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

When im up against those real madrid city fanboys i normally just pick any team and pass the ball around the back for the whole match...ive had some sweet counter attacking victories, my best was dempsey scoring a 25 yard lob on the counter in the 88th minute in my one and only attack in the whole match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

whats this like online now, i havnt played pes online for a while but remember it was awful, lots of glitches and things. from reading here i can see the problem of everyone picking madrid etc but whats the master league like online, is it any fairer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    whats this like online now, i havnt played pes online for a while but remember it was awful, lots of glitches and things. from reading here i can see the problem of everyone picking madrid etc but whats the master league like online, is it any fairer?
    With MLO what you are gonna meet time and time again is people who have Van Der Mirch in their team (he's cheap and has high stats for pace, explosive power, dribbling speed and shot accuracy) and they'll just continually play long through balls to him all game. Even people who have a team of good players still use him.

It's a pain in the hole trying to counter it, especially at the start when you have slow, crap players.

As for the online experience as a whole it's pretty good. The majority of games are smooth with little lag.

But the biggest annoyance you will face are the people who's only tactic is to knock it long to a fast player in behind your defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Only really started playing this last night. One question - whats the deal with players rolling their studs over the ball every time you make even the slightest of turns? Very annoying and must be something I'm doing wrong? In one instance I was through on goal with Aguero, I slightly turned his run to improve the angle for the shot and he does the roll over with the studs to move the ball to the other foot and it gets stuck completely under his feet making a good shot impossible and it ends up going tamely into the keepers hands :mad:

I still use the d-pad btw (:eek:) . That have anything to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

Only really started playing this last night. One question - whats the deal with players rolling their studs over the ball every time you make even the slightest of turns? Very annoying and must be something I'm doing wrong? In one instance I was through on goal with Aguero, I slightly turned his run to improve the angle for the shot and he does the roll over with the studs to move the ball to the other foot and it gets stuck completely under his feet making a good shot impossible and it ends up going tamely into the keepers hands :mad:

I still use the d-pad btw (:eek:) . That have anything to do with it?

Are you holding R2 (on the PS3 controller) by any chance? Holding R2 gives a much more controlled pass, turn, and shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I was a long time pro evo fan on the ps2. Thought FIFA 2010 was brilliant on xbox360 but when I got FIFA 2012 I was very disappointed. Nearly bought FIFA 2013 but decided to go with pro evo 2013 because I got it for 23euro on zavvi a couple of weeks ago. So it arrived in the past few days and I've given it a small amount of play. So far I'm delighted with it. Lovin the chalking league in particular. Haven't gone online yet. It's different to FIFA and feels a little like pro evo of old which is good. First game to get my attention away from halo 4 which is impressive!

tigger123 wrote: »
    Are you holding R2 (on the PS3 controller) by any chance? Holding R2 gives a much more controlled pass, turn, and shoot.

Thanks mate, that was it alright. The R2 button was stuck on the poxy controller! Panic over, and loving the game

has the new update just cemented this game as the best pes of all time.

keepers saves seem more diverse, finishing look nicer, more fluid...I'm very impressed. just wish league mode was in the game!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

EdenHazard wrote: »

keepers saves seem more diverse, finishing look nicer, more fluid...I'm very impressed. just wish league mode was in the game!
    What's this new update about?

are transfers updated?

Used to buy fifa every year for the last few years.

Played this demo and loved it, bought the game and love it.

The passing is excellent. Very realistic. Corners are realistic, although it's hard to score from them.

Some things that are annoying. When you play a through ball, the player slows up.

Playing on the hardest difficulty, free kicks from around the box always seem to go in.

Defenders not moving towards the ball sometimes when the ball is bouncing around.

Worst things about the game

1.The final pass out wide in a counterattacking move. Hard to explain, but picture Messi running from the right wing cutting inside and he sees Pedro in space out on the left, the problem is when you press through ball the ball goes out too wide, and if you press x its not fluid. I wanna score breathtaking free flowing moves.

2. Through balls and the attacker slows down!!!!!!!!

3. That save the keepers do where they catch the ball really close to their bodies midair. Very unrealistic motion imo. Also the way keepers act in a one on one situation. I also hate how robotic the motion is when you round the keeper.

• Advertisement

Worst things about the game

1.The final pass out wide in a counterattacking move. Hard to explain, but picture Messi running from the right wing cutting inside and he sees Pedro in space out on the left, the problem is when you press through ball the ball goes out too wide, and if you press x its not fluid. I wanna score breathtaking free flowing moves.

2. Through balls and the attacker slows down!!!!!!!!

3. That save the keepers do where they catch the ball really close to their bodies midair. Very unrealistic motion imo. Also the way keepers act in a one on one situation. I also hate how robotic the motion is when you round the keeper.

You could use the manual pass for no.1?

and "super cancel" for number 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Can you request someone to have a game with??

If so, OasisOrBlur if anyone wants a game or 2!

just wondering what update is this? are you talking about the data pack or an update?

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    just wondering what update is this? are you talking about the data pack or an update?

Most recent update was to "make game more fluid with better movements, goalkeeper reactions" and also the bonus of added celebrations and boots. :o

Love this game!

callaway92 wrote: »
    Most recent update was to "make game more fluid with better movements, goalkeeper reactions" and also the bonus of added celebrations and boots. :o

Love this game!
    Is this by pro evo themselves? How do I download it?

Is this by pro evo themselves? How do I download it?

It popped up automatically when I got onto the main menu of the game when it was released for me anyway.

3 games in a row there 1-0 1-0 & 2-0 get disconnected with the "The connection has significantly worsened. . .".

BULLSHÍT !

why do konami persist with players doing the rabona kick? i mean it be cool to see once or twice but it seems once a player is on his bad foot he'll do this ****tly animated move.

• Advertisement

whats the become a legend mode like on pro evo this year?

Advertisement