If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quality Home Setup

Options
  • 20-09-2012 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, looking for some help here.

Nearing completion of a house renovation project. My girlfried got to pick the furniture so I get the job of looking after the tv area (we are both happy:))

I am looking for:
    1. 47+inch smart led tv
    2. Network capable 4k, 2hdmi output receiver
    3. a good quality 5.1 speaker setup
    And the all important budget is Eur2000. Please be gentle ;)

A look at your UK wesite and I am thinking along these lines:

ONKYOTXNR515 & WHARFEDALE DX1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

We can be gentle but she may not be when she finds out how much you've spent ! ;)

The speaker package and the receiver you have picked are absolutely spot on. The Wharfedale package is an excellent package and the Onkyo is the cheapest receiver that we have, that has 2 outputs.

Is your budget totally restricted to 2000 ?

The reason that I ask is that the Panasonic TXP50ST50 is currently £999.95 and in my book, this is one of the best 50" TV's around.

This combined with the package and delivery would come in at £1729 which is around 2200 Euro.

I could recommend you a cheaper TV, but that ST50 is absolutely stunning and if my boss is reading this, I would like one of these TV's for my 15 year present !

Let me know how this sits or not as the case may be !

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Cheers for that Dave,

I guess I always had an LED tv in my head But will do a bit of looking into that one and get back to you

Hi again,

What would your price be delivered for the

UE46ES6300 & BDE6100
    ONKYOTXNR515 & Q ACOUSTICS 2000i 5.1 PACK

And just for interest sake how much more would it be if i went for the 7series of the samsung instead!

deejer wrote: »
    Hi again,

What would your price be delivered for the

UE46ES6300 & BDE6100
    ONKYOTXNR515 & Q ACOUSTICS 2000i 5.1 PACK

And just for interest sake how much more would it be if i went for the 7series of the samsung instead!

bump!

Hi Deejer. Sorry I missed your earlier post.

That system you are looking at would be £1849.95 including delivery.

With the 7000 it would be £2499.95 and this comes with a 5 year TV guarantee which is worth £150.

These don't come with any connecting cables etc so we would need to figure out what you need.

The 7000 is stunning although to be honest, I would still have the 50" Panasonic plasma over the 46"7000.

Let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Hi Deejer. Sorry I missed your earlier post.

That system you are looking at would be £1849.95 including delivery.

With the 7000 it would be £2499.95 and this comes with a 5 year TV guarantee which is worth £150.

These don't come with any connecting cables etc so we would need to figure out what you need.

The 7000 is stunning although to be honest, I would still have the 50" Panasonic plasma over the 46"7000.

Let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

thanks again dave. I think you are probably right with the ST50. Was comparing them both today and think the plasma is better value for what you get.

So lets try again!

If we go with the ST50, the Onkyo 515, and the QA 2000i how much damage will we be doing! In terms of delivery down south do you cover the country?

Cable wise I have wired the room for audio so I am guessing just a HDMI connection between the receiver and tv should do?

Hi Deejer.

The ST50 is stunning so I'm please you're looking down that road. It's a much more friendly picture and copes with motion a lot better.

The 50ST50 with the Onkyo and the Q acoustics with a QED HDMI cable (3D one of course) would be £1970 including delivery.

The TV comes with the claim back for 2 pairs of glasses.

The 5 year on the TV would be £99.95 and this would cover the entire country and we go to you if there is a problem. Equally, the 1 year warranty that you get on the TV is also covered at home. The receiver for 2 years and the speakers for 2 years but these are both return to us.

You can take a 5 year out on the receiver for £39.95 if you have any worries there. This covers all parts and labour and is refundable at the end of the 5 years if not needed. You just have to come back to us at the end of the warranty and we refund it.

I haven't included a bluray player but if you wanted one, the Panasonic 220 would be the one that I would look at.

I hope this helps but as usual, we do offer a pricebeat so if you can get the same system cheaper anywhere else, please let me know.

ATB

Dave

deejer wrote: »
    thanks again dave. I think you are probably right with the ST50. Was comparing them both today and think the plasma is better value for what you get.

So lets try again!

If we go with the ST50, the Onkyo 515, and the QA 2000i how much damage will we be doing! In terms of delivery down south do you cover the country?

Cable wise I have wired the room for audio so I am guessing just a HDMI connection between the receiver and tv should do?

Any chance the half price offer is still open on the blue ray player?

Oh and are wall mounts included with the speaker setup? cheers

Hi there.

Unfortunately the half price offer was changed in favor for the glasses, so unfortunately that offer is finished.

The brackets are not included in the speaker package, just the speakers themselves.

The brackets I can do at £13.95 each.

Many thanks

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.