Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thousands of euro worth of damaged caused in the People's Park

Options
  • 20-09-2012 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭

Thousands of euro worth of damaged caused in the People's Park over the weekend.

Gardai in Waterford City are investigating after thousands of euro worth of damage was caused in the Peoples Park.A number of wooden stakes were broken around the Basketball area. The repair of the damage could come to 7 thousand euro.Council staff believe the incident happened sometime between Saturday afternoon and Monday morning. Gardai are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to contact them on 051 305300.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Has anyone seen this damage? Whatever about the scumbaggery that caused it I'm intrigued about the cost of the repair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

For **** sake. I despair sometimes, I really do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

I saw them repairing the wooden fences over the past few days. Its the wooden posts that surround the basketball area.
    Looked like they were literally pulled out of the ground. It must have taken some time and effort to actually get them out of the ground.

Obviously the work of some mindless inbred moron who has nothing better to do with his life. But luckily, it doesnt look too bad. Just like some small renovation work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Some scumbags to do that. The park is a lot of peoples only access to a garden area for kids to play etc. I would hope they have some sort of CCTV in the area that might have picked up something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Took the kids down to toddler playground a couple of Sundays ago and some dirtbag had taken a sh1t on the seat in the childrens train.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Bards

When are we going to start stopping scumbags dole/Social Welfare any other state payments to make up for the damage that is caused assuming

A.) they can be caught
    and
    B.) They can be prosecuted

Instead of trying to stop grants being paid to student by parents not Paying the Household charge (Remember Council tenants are exempt from this charge etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

Ugh, I hate hearing about this sort of mindless destruction, why can't scumbags just leave things alone? Why do they have to ruin stuff for everyone else?

It makes me sick. Even though I'm not a violent person and don't condone violence, I do hope the boys in blue turn the cameras off when (or if) they catch the little fcukers that did it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭haulagebasher

An absolute disgrace. Last year it was the bandsand being smashed up and now this.

Absolutely there shoudl be CCTV covering the whole park in detail. It should already be in place as the park is a hotspot for knackers at night time.

The knobjobs who did this should have the cost of the repairs deducted from their dole. And I would wager with 99% certainly that they were never worked a day in their life scumbag dole heads. The probably did this because they had run out of things to destroy in their council house.

I worked with a local authority before and the amount of good money that was pumped into renovating wrecked council houses so the next scumbag family could move in and use the floorboards as firewood would make Jesus weep. Litterally millions in value have been literally burned and smashed up by ungreatful scum families.

I am not originally from Waterford but lived there for 7 years (now in Cork). Despite what some often say, I think we have one of the best towns in Ireland in which to live. We have everything one could want and in a lovely setting with beautiful countryside.
    Even despite the recession and how quiet and comatose the city is of late, I still think it is great. I would move back in a flash if I could. The last thing we need is welfare scum wrecking the lovely city we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Pricks whoever done this. Seriously, what kind of enjoyment can they get from it?
    As a young fella I played the odd game of knockadolly, nobody got hurt, yeah we had one or two neighbours shouting down the streeet after us but thats the point. Stupid yeah but harmless, then we have these inbred little **** going around doing things like this.
    Funny thing is, when they grow up (hmm maybe not grow up, more age a bit) they will be whinging about the little scumbags who do this kind of thing to the park they bring their kids too.
    Public flogging in red square. General public pay €5 for ten whips on the cnuts backs. It would stop the little shytes from doing it again, bring people to the centre of town and make people happy. Pfft recession over in 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Bards wrote: »
    When are we going to start stopping scumbags dole/Social Welfare any other state payments to make up for the damage that is caused assuming

A.) they can be caught
    and

Instead of trying to stop grants being paid to student by parents not Paying the Household charge (Remember Council tenants are exempt from this charge etc)
    im surprised by your generalisation that unemployed people comitted this heinous act...

• Advertisement

Hoffmans wrote: »
    im surprised by your generalisation that unemployed people comitted this heinous act...

exactly. Could have been council workers looking for some handy jobs in the park. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Most likely not even old enough to collect the Dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭haulagebasher

Well in fairness, I i was to wager €100 on it, I woudl be saying dole heads or else the children of dole heads.

I don't know what it is, but socila welfare seems to instill a general disrespect and ungreatfulness in people.

To prove this, you only need to look at the areas which have the highest rates of antisoacila behaviour, vandalism and outright thuggery and you will see that they are also the same areas with the hgihest level of long term "career" welfare recipients.

exactly. Could have been council workers looking for some handy jobs in the park. :p
    thats a pretty dumb assertion seeing they habitually do sfa with the majority of their time

thats a pretty dumb assertion seeing they habitually do sfa with the majority of their time

Alot of them have nipple rot from standing around leaning against the shovel. :D

Well in fairness, I i was to wager €100 on it, I woudl be saying dole heads or else the children of dole heads.

I don't know what it is, but socila welfare seems to instill a general disrespect and ungreatfulness in people.

To prove this, you only need to look at the areas which have the highest rates of antisoacila behaviour, vandalism and outright thuggery and you will see that they are also the same areas with the hgihest level of long term "career" welfare recipients.
    #bigot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

#bigot

#thisisnttwitter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Have to agree hopefully the scum will be caught, But haulagebasher thats one stupid statment you made. dole heads or children of dole heads??? you really need to think before you type. I know a lot of people on the dole and they are not on it by choice most of them would give anything to have work.

haulagebashers sig should be read :)

The SE has 18% unemployment that's a lot of criminal ne'er-do-wells in your book.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Bards

I said "When are we going to start stopping scumbags dole/Social Welfare any other state payments to make up for the damage that is caused assuming "

i never said they were unemployed. An employed person could still be getting state payments, which is why i included it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I don't think anyone is saying dole means scumbag, more that in a pretty likely circumstance scumbag means dole. If you can't accept the responsibility of not breaking other peoples or public property then it's pretty likely they can't take the responsibility of employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Just be careful though, and don't just tar all the unemployed with the one brush. Probably only 5% of the unemployed are ungrateful scum, but you can be sure that 100% of scum like this are unemployed. And no doubt the rest of us are paying for their houses, plus everything they break. :mad:

They should be made do community service. Preferably painting or gardening out in the industrial estate, so that they can look into the eyes of the people who are working 50-60 hour weeks, commuting, and raising kids (while paying for their scrounger lifestyle).

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

I don't think anyone is saying dole means scumbag, more that in a pretty likely circumstance scumbag means dole.

This. I am on social welfare and not a criminal, but 99% of criminals are on social welfare.

CuriousG wrote: »
    This. I am on social welfare and not a criminal, but 99% of criminals are on social welfare.

and the other 1% are in banking?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

There are plenty of children belonging to employed people that cause ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

.[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of children belonging to employed people that cause ****.[/Quote]

This^. As somebody said earlier they're probably too young to claim dole. There was a certain amount of vandalism done in a respectable housing estate a few years ago and the little sh*** were caught. Turns out they were the kids of respectable families. The parents worked long hours eg. 14/15 hour days and thought the teens were fine to look after themselves. But no they were spending their time wrecking their own housing estate.
    Anyway god knows who it was and the only way of keeping an eye on it IS with cctv. It will happen again. I tend to inspect anything my kids use in any playground because this is widespread. Except the park in Dunmore which could possibly be locked at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

Bards wrote: »

A.) they can be caught
    and

How do you know the damage wasn't done by students? Sounds like this happened late Wednesday night, which is student night, and I'm sure alot of students would have had a nice feed of beer. I'm not saying it was students but after my time in college I know certain students can get up to stupid things.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

mike65 wrote: »
    and the other 1% are in banking?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I posted about Drinking in Ireland here not so long ago and that i saw kids hanging around drinking in the park, Okay shock horror kids or young teens drinking in the park.

But its hardly shocking to see it happen, if you see kids drinking in the park im sure they do it at night and im sure they would sit around where the seats are and well i dont know start acting the monkey when they have a few drinks on them and this may envolve playing on the play ground and thinking that its funny to wreck it. what goes through the head of teenager boys with a few drinks on them?? stupidity mainly!

The main problem would be drinking in the park of an evening! that leads to messing!

• Advertisement
Advertisement