Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to get a bigger pull buoy.....

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

AKW wrote: »
    I'm using Zone3 shorts at the moment. Not sure if there is a whole lot of difference between brands really. They just do a job :)

You kept that quiet!!! :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

pgibbo wrote: »
    You kept that quiet!!! :D :pac:

You hardly want me tweeting pics of me in buoyancy shorts do you? :)

Only trying them out, makes a change from the PB from time to time. Most of my swimming done dragging a concrete block or kayak ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

I might try the shorts. Any brands you'd recommend? The more buoyant the better! I know I have to practice my balance and getting my chest deep but it's as if my legs are filled with lead.

zone 3 solid made i never looked but pretty sure its 39 yamamotto 3 mm
    the blue seventy thicker. also never really looked but by the looks likley 5 mm yamamotto 40 neoprene.
    rokka seems to be close too blue seventy one in terms of thickness.

for me the zone 3 better as i use for running and bike too occasionally.

blue sevnty slightly more boyancy.
    any of them i would buy a size smaller than normal size as when you push of the wall you want to get in, as less water as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

peter kern wrote: »
    zone 3 solid made i never looked but pretty sure its 39 yamamotto 3 mm
    the blue seventy thicker. also never really looked but by the looks likley 5 mm yamamotto 40 neoprene.
    rokka seems to be close too blue seventy one in terms of thickness.

blue sevnty slightly more boyancy.
    any of them i would buy a size smaller than normal size as when you push of the wall you want to get in, as less water as possible.

And you read that correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

peter kern wrote: »

Hahahahah I can picture it... striding down along the seafront in just your runners and buoyancy shorts!

• Advertisement

Briando wrote: »
    Hahahahah I can picture it... striding down along the seafront in just your runners and buoyancy shorts!

i usually wear one of my fashionable shorts on top
    but sandals and socks ...

zico10 wrote: »
    And you read that correctly.

so did a 4 time hawaii champ ...

ps another good use is to prolong time in open water at the beginning of the season. It makes a good difference if I give open water classes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

AKW wrote: »
    I've none left but you might find an ex triathlete now turned cyclist who may have no use for his lurking around here. ;)

Just having a break, not done with tri so keeping mine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

I got the Blue Seventy core shorts in the end! huub have just sent me an email saying they're back in stock.

• Advertisement
Advertisement