Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone bricked my phone (IMEI blacklisted)

Options
  • 20-09-2012 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Hope you can help because I don't have a clue who should I contact to get my problem resolved.

Short story - my perfectly working for the last 6 months Galaxy S2 has recently stopped connecting to any Irish mobile network (bar Vodafone as they are slowest to blacklist the IMEI).

Long story - few weeks ago someone broke into my van and stolen my phone. I reported this to Gardaí officer, gave him the IMEI number, but luckily half an hour later the phone was found and handed right back to me by the same officer I reported this offence. End of story - at least that's what I thought.

Now my phone is blacklisted and I can't find out why. I hardly believe it's Gardaí’s fault but there is too much of a coincidence to be overlooked. I already went to Gardaí and O2 to find out the reason but they are unable to help me at all.

Gardaí - go to the mobile operator...
    O2 - it's not our phone, we can't help...

I've created the CheckMEND report using this website http://www.checkmend.com/uk/ to get some more information, and looks like the phone is neither reported as stolen, or insurance claim but it's blocked anyway. See below.

CheckMEND report

Is there any institution I can contact to get more details, and hopefully unlock the phone, or should I look for the new headset...?

Thanks!

Advertisement