Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cold september

Options
  • 20-09-2012 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Is it just me or is September much colder than normal this year?
    It feels more like late October or early November! Weird weather!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

We had a relatively warm start to the month, only got a bit chilly in last few nights IMO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

looks like coming in 1c or more below average...so Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I agree - I think it has been very cold for the last week and half or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

leahyl wrote: »
    I agree - I think it has been very cold for the last week and half or so.

wait till December/January...we wish!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

It has been absolutely perishing down here in Kerry all week, central heating on, jumpers being worn, millions of spiders coming in from the cold, even had to throw the heavy duvet on the bed. Hopefully it will severely freeze this winter, best thing for the land and it kills off all the diseases and midges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Stinicker wrote: »
    It has been absolutely perishing down here in Kerry all week, central heating on, jumpers being worn, millions of spiders coming in from the cold, even had to throw the heavy duvet on the bed. Hopefully it will severely freeze this winter, best thing for the land and it kills off all the diseases and midges.

Don't talk to be about the spiders. Most of September they have been building nests closer and closer to the house. The last week those big speedy spiders have been running around the house.The cats are enjoying them but I a not.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭IrishGurll

Yah I think its quite cold for this time of the year we have the fire lighting all week and took out an extra duvet :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's crazy it went from being really warm to the first two weeks of the month to really cold since the start of this week. Like a previous poster has said, I've the heating on at home, big jumpers up and I'm thinking of bringing out the winter coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Heating wont be going on in my house for another while yet! still floating about in t-shirts, i guess its all to do where your house is located but ye... its nice and coool imo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Just 4 degrees at Mt. Dillon on 10pm reports.

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

A fresh feeling 6.4 degrees here.

natale3.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Down to 5.1c here. Definitely a cold September!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Mt Dillon at 1C at 12am, should be the first air frost of the season

Just 3.6C here in Letterkenny under clear skies, frost visible on cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Very cold here tonight. Spiders aplenty and we've been using the central heating for about a week. Textile gear on the bikes now, true sign of winter's arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Where the hell do you all live? No heating on/ no fire/no jumpers down here it has been lovely all week! :)
    Praying for cold to get rid of the swarm of wasps in the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

No heating all week but I am wearing a jumper. 4.9C at the moment.

I hope for no frost tonight as I have a few plants that don't like the frost and I am not running in the dark to find them.

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Heating wont be going on in my house for another while yet! still floating about in t-shirts, i guess its all to do where your house is located but ye... its nice and coool imo :)

You must be living with all fellas, apparently when girls get cold the order goes complain-agree-heating-maybe it's warm enough-long sleeved top-heating again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

For my world, its turned chilly. Heating on for ten minutes in the morning, button up coat but my room is 22~25°C.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

No heating no fire on here yet either. Purely and simply because we can't afford to do either this early in the year !
    Whatever doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

This morning's synops show overnight low of -0.2C at Casement, with grass min of -3C, while +0.2C at Mullingar with grass min of -4C.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mt Dillion was reporting -1c at 0500. So somewhere between -0.5c to -1.5c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Same here!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I went to bed last night with my dressing gown and thick socks on! :-D what's going on?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i haven't found september to be cold, personally. we have had a fire on the last few nights though, because our house is full of disease at the minute...myself and the other half caught a nasty cold very early in the season....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Still not cold in my house enough to want the heating on, think its because the sun shines right in during the day...

but ye... first sight of frost here this morning on the way to work ! :)

scaled.php?server=210&filename=29302810151239759006718.jpg&res=landing

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I'd have 50 Septembers before that bloody joke of a summer in fairness. The cold isnt effecting the amount of Mosquito's here either

got biten 6 times this week, never had so many misquito bits this far north of Spain before!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ditto to that! Found it very cold this morning, when having to get up for work and put my lunch together in the kitchen. It didn't help it's lashing out either! Another night in front of the fire tonight me thinks!

Advertisement