Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any wonder creams out there for bad skin?

• 20-09-2012 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I haven't got the worst skin but I have very bad sinuses and the skin around my nose is permanetely red almost bruised from all the blowing of my nose, I also have spots more like lumps continulously one after another...I never have a period where my skin is totally clear.

I have a very healthy diet, drink tonnes of water etc and have done for years, my skin isn't too oily or dry. I have resigned myself to the fact that it is probably hormonal but I don't want this for the rest of my life.

The spots haven't even really got blackhead or whiteheads they just pop up under the skin like a big red lump that gets very sore but never gets a head, then they get itchy and go back down again. But its like they are dormant for a while and then come up again. Nightmare :mad:

I take yasmin as a contraceptive even though someone suggested dianette for my skin but I have heard that alot of people become very depressed on that pill and yasmin is excellent in other ways for me.

Has anyone found some wonder cream that has given them excellent skin that they would go make up free? None of the high street brands, something unheard off, uncommon or more scientifcally based...I heard of a Des Torrades and a cream brought out by the System10 weightloss plan before but I don't think its available any longer. Any ideas? :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

You should probably see a dermatologist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

You should probably see a dermatologist.

I would need to be able to afford one first

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Just a note to users: We cannot give medical advice here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

For the redness around the nose and if your skin feels like it's ripped you could try La Roche Posay Cicaplast I've been having success with this and a cold in the last week. I tried the original one and it stung so I tried the new creme one and it worked greats so I'd recommend that. It accelerates epidermal repair. I also use it to clear up old red marks after spots and the original gel-like one is the most healing lip balm ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MaryMaryMary

Another question- I could have wrote exactly word for word your post. In 2007-2009 I had exactly the same problem. I cried myself to sleep at night over it. I was in my late 20's at the time and I thought it was the end of the world. Had never had a spot during my teenage years.
    Anyway, after months of changing cleansers and trying me products, I eventually went to the doctor and he prescribed me Duac cream and referred me to a dermatologist. The duac takes about 6 weeks to work and is quite harsh on the skin- if I used too much, my skin pealed very badly. Anyway, I visited the dermatologist and it was the worst experience of my life, she basically told me to go home and wash my face properly and start eating right- no matter how much I told her that I was doing that she didn't listen. I left and cried the whole way home- I felt so alone, nobody seemed to understand.
    Anyway, within the 6 wks of using the Duac, it began to work!!! Now, it was slow progress, but I left the boils were getting smaller each time they reoccured. Within 6 months, I was only getting the occasional spot and usually period related! I have continued to use Duac when I feel their is one about to pop up and it's gets right to work! I am a new person!
    Last time I visited the doctor he complemented me on my skin and told me that he was heartbroken for me at the time, he know how much it affected my confidence.
    So, pls go to a doctor and u will have the success I did. If you need anything other info just ask!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Evening primrose oil and a high dose fish oil helped my hormonal skin problems. They're also good for you in so many other ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Another question- I could have wrote exactly word for word your post. In 2007-2009 I had exactly the same problem. I cried myself to sleep at night over it. I was in my late 20's at the time and I thought it was the end of the world. Had never had a spot during my teenage years.
    Anyway, after months of changing cleansers and trying me products, I eventually went to the doctor and he prescribed me Duac cream and referred me to a dermatologist. The duac takes about 6 weeks to work and is quite harsh on the skin- if I used too much, my skin pealed very badly. Anyway, I visited the dermatologist and it was the worst experience of my life, she basically told me to go home and wash my face properly and start eating right- no matter how much I told her that I was doing that she didn't listen. I left and cried the whole way home- I felt so alone, nobody seemed to understand.
    Anyway, within the 6 wks of using the Duac, it began to work!!! Now, it was slow progress, but I left the boils were getting smaller each time they reoccured. Within 6 months, I was only getting the occasional spot and usually period related! I have continued to use Duac when I feel their is one about to pop up and it's gets right to work! I am a new person!
    Last time I visited the doctor he complemented me on my skin and told me that he was heartbroken for me at the time, he know how much it affected my confidence.
    So, pls go to a doctor and u will have the success I did. If you need anything other info just ask!
    Thank you, I will definitely look into that..it's like because they haven't got an answer it's easier to blame the patient themselves, if anyone told me to eat right, I'd bash them over the head! :p

Advertisement