Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lavatory cistern

• 20-09-2012 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭

I need a new flush mechanism for my cistern, I can't find a part number on it, but it comes from Shires and is the sort with the button in the lid. Anyone point me at a supplier in North Co Cork please (maybe thats the sort of thing you can pick up anywhere and fit, I don't know....B&Q maybe I don't even know what to ask for!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

For a start avoid B&Q, go to a plumbing supplier, those syphons are a nightmare to repair, buy a complete unit uncluding push mechanism.
    You will need to remove a cystern, get a new "doughnut" to refit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

If you call to a builders providers and just get a standard top flush cistern pack complete. It will cost you about 50 euro. but you will have all the parts you need

Alternatively if you call to woodies home base or b&q look for a

"Wirquin Dual Top flush cistern pack"

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/SIAMP-OPTIMA-50-DUAL-FLUSH-VALVE-CISTERN-PACK-/110706911038?pt=UK_DIY_Materials_Plumbing_MJ&hash=item19c6a5673e

The above is also a link to an ebay page of one that i think will do you. However dont change the inlet valve (The one on the right in the picture) They are nearly always high pressure

Advertisement