Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why are mods so eager to close thread on here?

• 20-09-2012 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

It seems to me that any opinion that differs from the norm is classified as a wind up. Anyone who posts something even mildly controversial is a troll.

Why is this site so highly moderated compared to similar forums? Threads seem to be locked for the slightest bit of dissent.

Obviously the site is great for information and advice, but I personally think it sucks the fun out of the place.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I think we know what's gonna happen here.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Ristiano Conaldo

Fun?? What's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭NotVeryHappy

kfallon wrote: »
    I think we know what's gonna happen here.....

You're right, but that only proves my point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2011/10/26/i-had-it-all-then-i-blew-itsacked-boards-ie-moderator-tells-all/

Read that link, they are told to ban people and all that every day, They have a quota :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

You need to use feedback forum for things like his.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

I eat poo threads get locked down all the time, stupid mods :mad:

and as for starting a good aul racist thread, you're wasting you're fcukin time! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

You're right, but that only proves my point

Not really cos it's a thread that would prob be more at home in the Feedback forum so I can see why they'd lock it in AH!

People don't seem to understand that boards.ie is a business and as such would need to be operated a lot stricter than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭NotVeryHappy

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2011/10/26/i-had-it-all-then-i-blew-itsacked-boards-ie-moderator-tells-all/

Read that link, they are told to ban people and all that every day, They have a quota :confused:

:D very good

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭pedanticpat

It seems to me that any opinion that differs from the norm is classified as a wind up. Anyone who posts something even mildly controversial is a troll.

Why is this site so highly moderated compared to similar forums? Threads seem to be locked for the slightest bit of dissent.

Obviously the site is great for information and advice, but I personally think it sucks the fun out of the place.

Thoughts?

What you did there, I see it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

certain mods are far more guilty than others.

Some of them even boast in their sigs.

AH has some pretty good mods but there are one or two who are ****ing terrible, some nights you click on to AH and half the front page is locked threads with the last post by a certain mod with some terrible attempt at a smart arsed reply and in most cases the threads are fine and could be left alone and on most others just need to be moved but rather than actually do their job the mod goes power trippy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

because the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Boards mods rock.

/arselicking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Seaneh wrote: »
    certain mods are far more guilty than others.

Some of them even boast in their sigs.

AH has some pretty good mods but there are one or two who are ****ing terrible, some nights you click on to AH and half the front page is locked threads with the last post by a certain mod with some terrible attempt at a smart arsed reply and in most cases the threads are fine and could be left alone and on most others just need to be moved but rather than actually do their job the mod goes power trippy.

you're a marked man now for that outburst ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You should open your own forums, they'd be great craic!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Probably, but who cares.

Srs Bsns...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

OP, it's good that you've noticed this in the couple of days that you've been a member. If you've an issue, take it to the feedback forum. That's what it's there for. I know you really want to pretend that my locking this thread is some form of censorship, but the simple fact is that After Hours isn't a dumping ground for any thread you want to start. If there's a more appropriate forum, use it. Otherwise, don't be surprised if you thread is locked or moved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement