Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuse for Boiler plug

Options
  • 20-09-2012 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭

Can anybody tell me what size fuse should be in the plug for a Grants Central Heating Boiler?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me what size fuse should be in the plug for a Grants Central Heating Boiler?

generally 3amp in the fused spur unit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

meercat wrote: »
    generally 3amp in the fused spur unit

So not the fuse then. :(
    Any thing else I could check before calling in the dear (very dear) technician.
    It hasn't been used for a few months but was working perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

whats the problem exactly
    are there any indicator lights

check thermostats turned up

make sure mini valves are operational(use the manual over-ride slider on the side)the valve sometimes stick when not used for some time

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I think that you have misunderstood what meercat has said.
    He is suggesting that boilers such as this are generally be fed from a 3A fuse.

However boilers are normally fed from a fused spur outlet rather than a plug top.

So perhaps if you change the fuse in the plug top your boiler will work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

If it has not been run for a while, and there is power at the boiler (fuse ok etc), then check reset buttons on the boiler, and/or check there is enough pressure in the system if its a sealed one, by looking at the pressure gauge on or at the boiler which should have between 0.5 and 1 bar with the heating not running, or if its not a sealed system, check that there is enough water in it by checking that the expansion tank in the attic has water in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

2011 wrote: »
    I think that you have misunderstood what meercat has said.
    He is suggesting that boilers such as this are generally be fed from a 3A fuse.

However boilers are normally fed from a fused spur outlet rather than a plug top.

So perhaps if you change the fuse in the plug top your boiler will work.

Sorry, I understand what you mean.
    The plug top brings power to the boiler house. Changed the fuse in it, but no luck.
    Will get to check the other suggestions today, when it warms up a bit!
    Thanks for the help so far.

Advertisement