Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WMM Zyxel

Options
  • 20-09-2012 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi, my iPad and iPhone wifi keeps dropping after updating to iOS 6. Somebody told me that you need to enable WMM (Wifi Multimedia) because iOS 6 requires this. How do I enable this on the eircom zyxel router? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Wafa wrote: »
    Hi, my iPad and iPhone wifi keeps dropping after updating to iOS 6. Somebody told me that you need to enable WMM (Wifi Multimedia) because iOS 6 requires this. How do I enable this on the eircom zyxel router? Thanks.

Hi Wafa,

We had a similiar query to this on Twitter earlier today. WMM is not something we support and the acronym is different to any option on the Zyxel. It would most likely be in the QoS section of the modem from some Googling.There is also a firmware update relating to Apple TV's but I'm not sure if the issues are related. If you could PM me your email address I'll send that on for you to try. Apologies but WMM is new to me, tech support could possibly advise better than I can but again, there would be no training given on this so it would depend on the agent you speak to. Send on the email address if you'd like to give the firmware a go.

Regards

James

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Wafa

Hi Wafa,

We had a similiar query to this on Twitter earlier today. WMM is not something we support and the acronym is different to any option on the Zyxel. It would most likely be in the QoS section of the modem from some Googling.There is also a firmware update relating to Apple TV's but I'm not sure if the issues are related. If you could PM me your email address I'll send that on for you to try. Apologies but WMM is new to me, tech support could possibly advise better than I can but again, there would be no training given on this so it would depend on the agent you speak to. Send on the email address if you'd like to give the firmware a go.

Regards

James

That's okay, ill email you now. Although I think I've tried that Apple TV Firmware and it wouldnt upload for whatever reason.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭who_am_I?

I have the same problem, I have A ZyXcel p660HWt1-v3 with Firmware: V3.70(BOE.4)D0 | 08/23/2010

I am trying to temporally downgrade to IOS 5.11 until a fix is found for the firmware to enable WMM and work With IOS6

My Ipad is almost unusable, the router just keeps dropping the connection.

who_am_I? wrote: »
    I have the same problem, I have A ZyXcel p660HWt1-v3 with Firmware: V3.70(BOE.4)D0 | 08/23/2010

I am trying to temporally downgrade to IOS 5.11 until a fix is found for the firmware to enable WMM and work With IOS6

My Ipad is almost unusable, the router just keeps dropping the connection.

The IOS Downgrade wont work:mad:
    I tried all of the Jailbreak tricks.

Yeah even after the Apple TV fix you gave me it drops even more. I can't stream video because it jousts drops in the middle of it.

• Advertisement

Hi James

Any update on this?
    Is there a firmware update for Wireless Multimedia extentions?

the Router keeps dropping the connection to my Ipad ever 2-3 mins, Very frustrating. All I have to do is switch on WMM to make the problem go away.

Hi Guys,

Sorry to hear the Apple TV configuration didn't resolve, thought it might have made a difference. I've been checking online for solutions to this and haven't really had much joy. See this link from the 'macrumours' forum, seems there are people around the world with the same issue. Our support section don't have any fix for this as we're not trained on non-eircom devices. I think at this stage, contacting Apple directly may help. Their support number is 1850 94 61 91.

Regards

James

That was a problem that alot of people had where Apple.com popped up on the screen but Apple fixed it. Our problem is we need to activate WMM on our routers.

Thanks James.
    As Wafa said, we just want to switch on WMM on the router, this is a known solution to the problem, This standard (IEEE 802.11e-2005) was fully implemented by most manufacturers by 2009, I got my router in July of last year with 2010 firmware it should have implemented this standard.

BTW, I am unsure if I flashed my firmware for apple compatibility, is V3.70(BOE.4)D0 the apple update?

Yeah I only got my router in June any update on this?

• Advertisement

Hi folks,

Apologies for the delay getting back with this. Had to get a tech support agent to find the issue and then see where the feature may be. As I suspected, it's under the QoS settings. Click the link below and follow the steps outlined. I've been told this is the equivalent of WMM.

192.168.1.254 ,then go to Network > Wireless LAN > AP > QoS > select "Default" from the drop down list.

This should resolve the issue for you. If not, it may be faster to call tech support directly on 1890 260 260 to allow them look into it further.

Regards

James

Thanks for that, I'll have a look now and I'll get back to you. :)

It seems to be working okay so far, thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

this has happened to my iphone and the qos is already set to default any other way of getting it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭RedLedbetter

Same boat here - QoS already set to "default" and connection dropping every few minutes!!

From reading elsewhere, it looks like firmware upgrade is required for this router ASAP, but failing that, anyone got a fix??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    this has happened to my iphone and the qos is already set to default any other way of getting it to work.

Hi BohsJohnny

I would suggest it would be best to contact apple support directly - http://bit.ly/QW5Nj3 As they can go through the settings with you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement