Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa for US

Options
  • 20-09-2012 2:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭

I am doing a week+ long trip next month to Atlanta and Tennessee to visit friends and see some things. I got a 2 year travel visa for my trip last year. I forgot. Do I need to go online to validate anything or do I just bring the visa along with me to the authorities? Looking fwd to getting out of this country for a few days!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,933 ✭✭✭✭listermint

micromary wrote: »
    I am doing a week+ long trip next month to Atlanta and Tennessee to visit friends and see some things. I got a 2 year travel visa for my trip last year. I forgot. Do I need to go online to validate anything or do I just bring the visa along with me to the authorities? Looking fwd to getting out of this country for a few days!

If you have the ESTA already, you do not need to do it again or validate, just have a copy or reference number handy. Although your passport should suffice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭micromary

Thanks. Appreciate the advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rover600

Did you find it difficult to get the 2 year visa ?

No problem. U just apply for it. It lasts 2 years and means you can go in and out of the US visiting (but not working) during that 2 year period.

where do you apply to?
    (thanks by the way)...

(..No need to answer this micromary, I didnt realise you were referring to the ESTA and not a visa.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Just to clear things up- the ESTA thing is not a visa, it is the visa waiver program. It's the same thing we used to have green forms on the plane for, but now it's online, you need to pay a small fee and it lasts 2 years.

silja wrote: »
    Just to clear things up- the ESTA thing is not a visa, it is the visa waiver program. It's the same thing we used to have green forms on the plane for, but now it's online, you need to pay a small fee and it lasts 2 years.

Ah...that explains it Silja,
    I thought micromary had obtained some obscure visa which would have proved invaluable to me,
    ...thanks, you`re a wealth of information on this subject, a real asset to Boards ;)

Sorry that it what I meant but phased it wrong!!!!

Advertisement