Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog walker, Dunmore Road area?

Options
  • 20-09-2012 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi there. Anyone know of any dog walkers in the Dunmore Road area, willing to come to the house to collect and drop off? Experience with lead training would also be good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Unless this person has a physical impediment I ask why does this person even have a dog?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 newtotown

Unless this person has a physical impediment I ask why does this person even have a dog?

I work from home and therefore get to spend all day with my dog, but I have recently developed an illness which prevents me from going out often. Until I'm healthy again, I could do with some assistance so my dog doesn't have to suffer with me. We only adopted the dog earlier this year so we are still in the process of lead training as well, hence the note about that. Anything else I can help you with?

Not getting into an argument, read my post, I was right in what I said. As was proven by your post. Sorry for your illness.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭reeta

Is this what boards.ie has come to, someone cant even look for a dog walker without a smart reply. OP why you even replied to that comment I dont know. Hope you find a good dog walker....

• Registered Users Posts: 40 yankadi

Must be great to be so right, I'll head out to the hospital and make sure all the sick people put their dogs down....
    Not getting into an argument, read my post, I was right in what I said. As was proven by your post. Sorry for your illness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭lea26

when i first got my dog i needed someone to walk her during the day as i work full time ( even though she got walked in the morning before i left & evenings) ..... there was a guy from out Dunmore Area who used to do it -cant remember his name, 'pawsitive leads' was the name he went by. not sure if he still does it as that was over a year ago now !

Nice little business idea for someone who is out of work !

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brianne

Hope you get well soon newtotown and well done on adopting a dog. Sounds like dog was very lucky to get a good home with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

There is a dog groomers down behind oskars pub on the dunmore road, they might be able to point you in the right direction?

Argh, for some reason this has really annoyed me and I can't keep quiet. I don't like anyone making assumptions.

Let's suppose my dog lives for, say, 15 years (god willing). And let's say that for just a few months of his long and loving life, I won't be able to walk him myself and will need assistance. He should be deprived of a long life as part of a family who loves him dearly because heaven forbid he has to let someone else walk him for a little while?

I suppose then that no one should ever have children either, because who knows if at some point in the future they might need to work or go to hospital or visit sick relatives or anything else that would require help in looking after them? Hmm.

Thank you, everyone else, for your lovely comments and suggestions. And also to those who have PM'd me offering services. Will respond ASAP!

newtotown wrote: »
    Argh, for some reason this has really annoyed me and I can't keep quiet. I don't like anyone making assumptions.

Let's suppose my dog lives for, say, 15 years (god willing). And let's say that for just a few months of his long and loving life, I won't be able to walk him myself and will need assistance. He should be deprived of a long life as part of a family who loves him dearly because heaven forbid he has to let someone else walk him for a little while?

I suppose then that no one should ever have children either, because who knows if at some point in the future they might need to work or go to hospital or visit sick relatives or anything else that would require help in looking after them? Hmm.

Thank you, everyone else, for your lovely comments and suggestions. And also to those who have PM'd me offering services. Will respond ASAP!

God almighty! Was I not clear enough!
    If the person is sick then fair enough, if a person is psychically able to walk a dog ie doesn't have an illness or whatever and doesn't walk the dog then that person should not have a dog. There are responsibilities to having one. This is all irrelevant though as this person is sick and so I applaud the person for making an effort to get the dog walked. I also said I was sorry for the person having the illness, and I will offer my apologies again.

• Advertisement

God almighty! Was I not clear enough!
    If the person is sick then fair enough, if a person is psychically able to walk a dog ie doesn't have an illness or whatever and doesn't walk the dog then that person should not have a dog. There are responsibilities to having one. This is all irrelevant though as this person is sick and so I applaud the person for making an effort to get the dog walked. I also said I was sorry for the person having the illness, and I will offer my apologies again.

Bet it makes you wish you never made your knee-jerk assumption to begin with, right? But thanks for explaining. Appreciated.

Advertisement