Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kimmage seeks criminal investigation into Vebruggen/McQuaid - Mod Warning Post #1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

I would like to see thousands of cyclists with their bikes cheer Paul Kimmage into the court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

This is nothing if not entertaining:
    Check out Kimmage's latest tweets:

Paul Kimmage ‏@PaulKimmage
    David, good news, found a real pitbull of a lawyer to go after those two ****ers.

Ooops, sorry that was supposed to be a private message to @DavidWalshST

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Then Toby Moody:

@PaulKimmage: Never in writing. Phone.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Undercover Elephant

Funkyzeit wrote: »
    Ooops, sorry that was supposed to be a private message to @DavidWalshST
    Ooops, I accidentally on purpose told the world and his wife that I'm spoiling for a fight. Silly, silly me.

(If he has found a pitbull, he might want a rethink for a case like this. OTOH, if he's found a Swiss media lawyer well practised in the subtle arts, then this is fiendishly clever.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

His tweets this afternoon have been a bit strange, TBH. It comes across a bit childish to be slagging off his adversaries on social media, esp as they are unlikely to bother reading it, so its for our attention, really.He might be better advised to rise above it, tempting (and entertaining) as it is.

Maybe he is just having a bit of fun getting this off his chest in public?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭buffalo

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    His tweets this afternoon have been a bit strange, TBH. It comes across a bit childish to be slagging off his adversaries on social media, esp as they are unlikely to bother reading it, so its for our attention, really.He might be better advised to rise above it, tempting (and entertaining) as it is.

Maybe he is just having a bit of fun getting this off his chest in public?

Perhaps his ego has been boosted a step too far by the defence fund? Or is this publicity to draw more attention to his cause?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

In all of this ridiculous episode, Paul Kimmage is the last person I'd be calling childish. He has no problem saying these things on radio etc so I don't think he'd be too worried if his tweet really was accidental.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

kincsem wrote: »
    I would like to see thousands of cyclists with their bikes cheer Paul Kimmage into the court.
    So are you going to start an appeal for funds to send a Boards.ie Cycling Forum delegation over (obviously only Sports Cyclists, and not Commuters invited)?

Maybe we can get Kimmage to chip-in...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭honkjelly

Hope he gets enough to hire Johnnie Cochran

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

Hopefully this case goes ahead...the more publicity for PK the better. He's one of our own.
    Can we put forward a motion to make Paul Kimmage UCI president? Seems like the ultimate (and obvious) solution to all these issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭12 sprocket

slo rida, you might have missed it but Mc Quaid is one of our own too represented ireland at the very top level, good professional rider and brought the best cyclists in the world to Ireland to be viewed by the Irish public and promote cycling... I presume you are talking about Paul being Irish?
    Sad to see them at odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭witty username

... but Mc Quaid is one of our own too...

Maybe he means PK is one of our own in the sense that he's not a shytebag, unlike Paddy mack (for reasons why, please see posts above by others).

Plus, since McQuaid is sueing PK under Swiss law I now view him as one of those cuckoo clock wielding, toblerone-eating clowns.

And yes, I've chipped in and hope dearly that PK will tear Pinky and the Brain a new one each.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

honkjelly wrote: »
    Hope he gets enough to hire Johnnie Cochran

I'm not sure if the fund will get big enough to hire both a lawyer & a necromancer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

fishfoodie wrote: »
    I'm not sure if the fund will get big enough to hire both a lawyer & a necromancer :D

I may be able to help. I used to be a level 17 Necromancer in advanced D+D.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

happytramp wrote: »
    I used to be a level 17 Necromancer in advanced D+D.

I'm sure the women were fallling over themselves ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭buffalo

http://www.atwistedspoke.com/raleigh-to-introduce-kimmage-road-bike/
    Irish bicycle company Raleigh plans to launch a Kimmage road bike for the Spring of 2013.

...Raleigh has rushed development so production model Rough Riders are available for Kimmage and his legal team to ride to his trial.

“Paul wants to do it, I mean how cool would that be, showing up with $50,000 grand in your pocket and your legal team on Kimmage bikes?” said Fakely. “McQuaid would **** his pants.”

Fantastic!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

The result of the action taken against Landis (almost identical to the one against PK) was released. They found in favour of McQuaid/Verbruggen by default...

Quoted verbattim ....

forbids Floyd Landis to state that the Union Cycliste Internationale, Patrick (Pat)
    McQuaid and/or Henricus (Hein) Verbruggen have concealed cases of doping, received
    money for doing so, have accepted money from Lance Armstrong to conceal a doping
    case, have protected certain racing cyclists, concealed cases of doping, have engaged in
    manipulation, particularly of tests and races, have hesitated and delayed publishing the
    results of a positive test on Alberto Contador, have accepted bribes, are corrupt, are
    terrorists, have no regard for the rules, load the dice, are fools, do not have a genuine
    desire to restore discipline to cycling, are full of sh*t, are clowns, their words are
    worthless, are liars, are no different to Colonel Muammar Gaddafi, or to make any
    similar other allegations of that kind;

So there you go....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

RobFowl wrote: »
    The result of the action taken against Landis (almost identical to the one against PK) was released. They found in favour of McQuaid/Verbruggen by default

...because Landis didn't appear to contest it, presumably?

Lumen wrote: »

Must be guilty, then.

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »

Hence the "by default" bit :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fr D Maugire

The UCI have been unable to even track down Landis so were unable to even send him a summons to court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Hence the "by default" bit :rolleyes:

I was fishing for more details, like this....
    The UCI have been unable to even track down Landis so were unable to even send him a summons to court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Gotta smile at the
    "forbids Floyd Landis to state that the Union Cycliste Internationale, Patrick (Pat) McQuaid and/or Henricus (Hein) Verbruggen .. are terrorists"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

"are clowns":D

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

corny wrote: »
    "are clowns":D
    I would steer clear of Switzerland if I were you;)

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    I would steer clear of Switzerland if I were you;)

Stop acting like Colonel Muamar Ghadafi

Stop acting like Colonel Muamar Ghadafi
    On a completely unrelated note, I shall be speaking to my lawyers in the morning.

Actually, I just remembered, you cannot be prosecuted for defaming the dead...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Didn't mention anything about being elitist...... Dang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

Anyone know how to make a donation to Paul`s defense fund?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Anyone know how to make a donation to Paul`s defense fund?
    Yeah, the "chip in" thingie on this page:
    http://nyvelocity.com/content/features/2012/paul-kimmage-defense-fund

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Someone should make a documentary of this epic saga when it's done. It'd be a great piece of television if done in the right light/angle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Lazairus

in the interests of fairness

is there a pad mc quaid defence fund

lol

CH

Lazairus wrote: »
    in the interests of fairness

lol

CH

There is

It's your CI licence :eek:

Yes, it's called the UCI treasury, and it's part-funded by the members of Cycling Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

There is a serious point here though, if there are majority of members of Cycling Ireland not happy with McQuaids performace, can CI not register an official complaint ? Up the members !

Of course the complaint would need to be very specific, which is perhaps where problems might arise formulating or getting majority backing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

...pad...

As in footpad?:D

Genealogy Forum Mod

seve65 wrote: »
    There is a serious point here though, if there are majority of members of Cycling Ireland not happy with McQuaids performace, can CI not register an official complaint ? Up the members !

Of course the complaint would need to be very specific, which is perhaps where problems might arise formulating or getting majority backing.
    Clubs have until 5pm tomorrow to get resolutions to CI in time for this year's AGM.

Of course, it's possible that a club has already submitted one (or has one lined up to go in)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Beasty wrote: »
    Clubs have until 5pm tomorrow to get resolutions to CI in time for this year's AGM.

Of course, it's possible that a club has already submitted one (or has one lined up to go in)

Do you know if it possible to submit one as an individual or must it be via an affiliated club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Pat Kenny discussed it with Shane Stokes on his radio show this morning. Interesting piece. I'm sure you can find it on the RTE player.

Bizarre wording in that court ruling alright!!

el tel wrote: »
    Do you know if it possible to submit one as an individual or must it be via an affiliated club?
    As I understand it only affiliated clubs can pre-submit resolutions. That in itself creates a logistical issue, as it would presumably need the support of the Club's committee, and the committee may also wish to canvas the opinion of it's own members before submitting a resolution like this (I guess that depends on the club's own constitution). I think, realistically, unless a club has already formulated a resolution to be submitted, there's little chance of getting something in before tromorrow's deadline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Courtesy of bikeradar :)
    In the wake of the Swiss court ruling yesterday we thought this message should be shared #UCIvsFloyd pic.twitter.com/4sSp1wPG

A4W_laTCQAAM9yf.jpg

Pat Kenny discussed, his words, "the most bizare court declaration from a court of law I've ever seen" with Shane Stokes this morning. It doesn't seem to be available as a stand alone podcast but starts just after 49 minutes on todays playback here.

I had to laugh when Pat read through the declaration, the declaration reads like something from Monty Python.

http://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/rteradiowebpage.html#rii=9%3A10058523%3A133%3A04%2D10%2D2012%3A&type=radio

And an alternative take on phrases rejected by the judge in his decision
    http://www.cyclismas.com/2012/10/uci-reveals-words-rejected-in-judgement-against-landis/

Presumably the Swiss courts only have jurisdiction in Switzerland. If Landis wants to stand in the French zone of Geneva Airport and shout "McQuaid is a corrupt terrorist" across the concourse, is there anything actually stopping him?

And if not, how can they stop him from posting this on a website?

And if they can't, what the blue fcuk is the point of this lawsuit?

I was thinking that myself, there's not a lot they can do outside Switzerland, surely he can continue to call them anything he wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

223081.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

Does anyone know when the start date for Kimmage vs. McBruggen is?

I'm seriously thinking about setting up a facebook event page and see if we can rustle up some support for Kimmage outside the courthouse. Maybe do a critical mass cycle around the streets and stuff! This could realistically become the final epic battle in the war that anti-doping advocates have waged on the UCI. For sure, reading Rough Ride as a teenager was a major turning point for me, and i'd love to be there to shout support at Kimmage as he takes on these muppets!

If nothing else, its a chance to go to Switzerland for a couple days and do some cycling...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

leftism wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the start date for Kimmage vs. McBruggen is?

No its McBruggen-UCI. Sounds like a cycling team that way!

Think its set for December 12th if memory serves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

:) Paper can't wrap fire.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

This is the line at the bottom of the court statement that really caught my eye:

IX. rejects any and all further findings.

Interesting how that was buried in amongst all the other noise isn't it?

Advertisement