Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Computer-tv cable

• 20-09-2012 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi there, I akm sure this has been asked before but I can't find a thread. I own a Toshiba Satellite L750/755 and I haven't a clue on what cable to get to connect to my tv. Any suggestions would be appreciated and of course cheep ones.

Thanks

Si

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Make/Model of the TV would be useful ? The spec says your laptop has a HDMI port so if your TV also has HDMI then this would give the best picture. Not sure about sound output though. Check the manual to see if it can output audio on the HDMI port - not all do but you may be lucky !

Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

HDMI if you can, if it's an old TV with scart your going to have to buy a converter as scart is analog where as HDMI is digital and both are incompatible with each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭bernardamaac.

Hdmi is just a smaller modern version of a dvi-d connection so dont get caught by this "hype" Every Modern lcd has a dvi connection.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Hdmi is just a smaller modern version of a dvi-d connection so dont get caught by this "hype" Every Modern lcd has a dvi connection.

HDMI will also carry sound, a big enough benefit over DVI for this purpose. Of course video signal wise they are similar

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭bernardamaac.

yoyo wrote: »
    HDMI will also carry sound, a big enough benefit over DVI for this purpose. Of course video signal wise they are similar

Nick

But who uses hdmi audio with a pc surely a surround sound or headphones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

But who uses hdmi audio with a pc surely a surround sound or headphones?

I'm sure the op just wants to use their TVs speakers

Advertisement