Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin's Newest Airport.

• 20-09-2012 3:32pm

Surely not? Minister for Justice Alan Shatter claimed today that pilots could be misled into trying to make an emergency landing on a farm in Dublin because of an error on a new Apple online map tool.

In a statement - which may or may not have been slightly tongue-in-cheek - the Minister said he has notified the tech giant of a mistake in his south Dublin constituency and asked for it to be urgently corrected.

"I know on occasion mistakes can be made and I am surprised to discover that Airfield, which is in the centre of my constituency in Dundrum, has, in Apple’s new operating system iOS 6 maps application, been designated with the image of an aircraft," he said, getting straight to the core of the issue.

Apple’s new iOS 6 maps application has placed a standard airport map symbol on the spot of Airfield, a 35-acre site that is home to a city farm, gardens and a cafe.

Source: Irish Times.

TL;DR version -
    Apple places an airport on their new maps application at an area called Airfield in Dublin.

Advertisement