Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant access my router

• 20-09-2012 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

hey,im trying to get in to my router,iv put the 192.168.0.1 in to the address bar to access it but its not showing up when i do it,is there any other way to get it to come up,also iv a 3g router and when i put the dongle in to it its not recognising it,any ideas how to solve this,thanks for your help in advance,its a TP-LINK router

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

manutd83 wrote: »
    hey,im trying to get in to my router,iv put the 192.168.0.1 in to the address bar to access it but its not showing up when i do it,is there any other way to get it to come up,also iv a 3g router and when i put the dongle in to it its not recognising it,any ideas how to solve this,thanks for your help in advance,its a TP-LINK router
    Is that the address that was mentioned on the router?
    Try 192.168.1.1
    Or would that access your modem?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

it is the address they say to use on the box but i did try the 1 you said and that didnt work either,there doesnt seem any other way to access it,im at a loss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

it is the address they say to use on the box but i did try the 1 you said and that didnt work either,there doesnt seem any other way to access it,im at a loss

Go to the command prompt and type in "ipconfig" and press enter. Whatever IP comes after "Default Gateway", this is your router's IP address.

If you still can't access it after that, there's definitely another problem at hand.

Ok so i got in to my 3g/4g routers ip address and sorted that out but it still is not recognising my Huawei dongle,very annoying,bet its something simple and im just not seeing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

Ok so i got in to my 3g/4g routers ip address and sorted that out but it still is not recognising my Huawei dongle,very annoying,bet its something simple and im just not seeing it

Hope its not a Huawei E353, if it is then it will never work :p

btw 3G is Midband not Broadband ;) > Midband

• Advertisement

No its an E3131,

No its an E3131,

Fat chance of the latest dongle working in a Modem untill there is a firmware update for the modem. I'd also take a guess thats one of the new ones like the E353 that has a firmware that will never work with a router.

Edit> Just checked and the E3131 is a HiLink modem and its the HiLink technology that won't work with a 3G router, so get a different dongle.

i tried an e180 in it that says it is compatible with it and its not recognising it it either,its only a brand new router but maybe the usb connection on it isnt working properly,iv emailed TP-Link,im awaiting a reply

i tried an e180 in it that says it is compatible with it and its not recognising it it either,its only a brand new router but maybe the usb connection on it isnt working properly

E180 should be fine but I'm not joking when I say I wouldn't expect the E3131 to work in a 3G router.

Whats the router and what firmware version is it running?

its a 3g/4g TP-link TL MR 3220,Version 2.0

• Advertisement

its a 3g/4g TP-link TL MR 3220,Version 2.0

E180 should be fine in one of those, don't have one atm to test but I've defo used the E180 in one with no problem.

Does is show up as an E180 on the first page when you log in? (status page?)

no when i connect either stick that i have the usb led flashes once on the router and then not again and there is power going to the sticks because the light is flashing on them but nothing is coming up on screen at all,thanks for all your help

no when i connect either stick that i have the usb led flashes once on the router and then not again and there is power going to the sticks because the light is flashing on them but nothing is coming up on screen at all,thanks for all your help

So you are looking at the first web page (status) you see when you log into the modem and down the bottom where it says 3G USB Modem it doesn't say anything and doesn't show a signal strength when you have the E180 with a valid SIM in it plugged into the USB slot on the TPLink router?

im not even getting that far,its not showing anything on the comp that there is a usb modem connected to it,it is a valid sim

im not even getting that far,its not showing anything on the comp that there is a usb modem connected to it,it is a valid sim

Sorry to labour the point, can you confirm that you have the router webpage open and what it says next to 3G USB Modem on the home page. The home page looks like this http://www.tp-link.com/resources/sim...3220/index.htm

im getting a file or directory page not found with the link u have gave me,no problem im thankful for the help

im getting a file or directory page not found with the link u have gave me,no problem im thankful for the help

Sorry my fault poor cut and pasting try this http://www.tp-link.com/resources/simulator/TL-MR3220/index.htm

sorry yeah i get that page up but it just says usb unplugged,sorry about the slow replies im also watching the united and liverpool match on sky go and f1 on the telly,

If it says unplugged for both dongles then I'd start to suspect the router, it should tell you that you have the E180 connected and say "E180" where you are reading unplugged. If the device isn't recognised by the router then iirc it has an error saying something like "unrecognised device". Even if you have no signal it should recognise the E180.

so iv got my router to the point where it is saying it identifies that a usb stick is connected,its the e3131 but its still not letting me connect to the internet,this is hardwork

• Advertisement

OK so next stage if you haven't already is to put in the APN and dial string (number) infor for you ISP. From the home page of the router on the right hand side pick the Network button and on the network page pick 3G Only, next click the 3G button and put in the APN and dial string for Ireland *99# always works all we need then is to know you ISP for the APN info, I always set the dial number and APN manually, also save any settings on each page as you go along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

eirator wrote: »
    Hope its not a Huawei E353, if it is then it will never work :p

[/B][/URL]

This guy claims it works but you have to wait a few minutes

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R2T3DNNN0OZH67

So i have me 3g router working properly now,just want to say thanks to eirator for all your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

towbar wrote: »
    This guy claims it works but you have to wait a few minutes

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R2T3DNNN0OZH67

So following up from early post in case somebody finds this through a search I can confirm I got an Eircom E353 modem working with MR3220 Router.

I had to disable the autostart cdrom feature on the e353 by issuing an at command to the device

AT^SETPORT="A1,A2;1,2,3,7"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

towbar wrote: »
    So following up from early post in case somebody finds this through a search I can confirm I got an Eircom E353 modem working with MR3220 Router.

I had to disable the autostart cdrom feature on the e353 by issuing an at command to the device

AT^SETPORT="A1,A2;1,2,3,7"

Thanks for the tip!
    I'm planning on having a similar setup with an MR3220 (which I have to buy yet) and a meteor e353. Has anyone tried this? Any luck?

I'm still not convinced that all E353's are equal, so if anyone gets one to work in a router can they post who supplied the E353 (ISP) its full model number and if its one of the HiLink ones that startup in about 15 seconds from plugin and don't have a Mobile Partner (or 3 Connect) dashboard that loads onto the computer. And of course the model number of the modem and firmware if pos.

I agree. Is there a way to check the model number/make number and firmware of the modem when its plugged in?

Zapho wrote: »
    I agree. Is there a way to check the model number/make number and firmware of the modem when its plugged in?

I think the first thing to take note of is if its a HiLink model or not. Once the HiLink version is plugged in (and I don't know if all E353 are HiLink or not) it sets up its only little router on its own subnet so an ipconfig/all at the comand prompt should show its IP address up as the default gateway which afaik you can then use to connect to the devices web interface.

Sorry for dragging up an old thread. I just wanted to respond to eirator on this. I got the TL-MR3220 and also picked up a meteor E353-u2 modem. By the way, Meteor have a new deal - 50GB limit for €25 a month on an 18month contract but pay €15 for the first year. Modem is free.

Anyway - it doesn't seem to be a HiLink E353 (no subnet of its own, and the gateway that ipconfig reports is the gateway of the router) but it does work perfectly with the TL-MR3220. I have the E353 connected to a 15dbi yagi antenna pointing at my nearest meteor cell tower (about 4 or 5 miles away). Actually, I don't have it pointing directly at the tower yet, its just resting on the window ledge. Here are my speed tests:
    2329632057.png

When I tried it with the antenna outdoors, I was getting closer to 7mbps.

Let me know if you want me any other details such as model no. firmware etc (if you wouldn't mind telling how to get that).

• Advertisement

Slightly better antenna position:
    2329643518.png

Advertisement