Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tubridy would be "a multi-millionaire"

• 20-09-2012 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

So Gay thinks Tubridy would be a multi- millionaire in the UK or the US

http://www.independent.ie/entertainm...e-3234089.html

Gay Byrne- "He (Ryan Tubridy) would be a multi-multi millonaire. But this is Ireland and this is where we find ourselves. So what do you, do? You get on and carry on."

I hate Gay.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Gaybo is such a t*t! We're not in the UK or the US. We're in Ireland where we're all struggling financially because we're paying our taxes and tv licences to keep idiots like Tubridy on his €373k salary. I don't perceive it as a job I would do for nothing, but I do perceive it as a job I would do for a lot less than €373k!!!
    Seriously, Gaybo, why don't you f***ing retire like you said you would and keep your nose out?
    Either that or wake up and smell the coffee - it's 2012 and we're in a global recession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

I'm wondering if my mod position stops me from making potentially inflammatory comments about Uncle Gaybo's own finances?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

wernstrom! wrote: »
    I'm wondering if my mod position stops me from making potentially inflammatory comments about Uncle Gaybo's own finances?

I say, no go for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭TwoTokeTommy

Gotya wrote: »
    I say, no go for it :D

Second that!
    The old bollocks.

So many friends have emigrated... and we're stuck with Tubridy, please **** off to US/UK asap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

So Gay thinks Tubridy would be a multi- millionaire in the UK or the US

http://www.independent.ie/entertainm...e-3234089.html

Gay Byrne- "He (Ryan Tubridy) would be a multi-multi millonaire. But this is Ireland and this is where we find ourselves. So what do you, do? You get on and carry on."

I hate Gay.

if he feels that way he should go to where the money is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭flutered

that pretentious stuck up has been who had rte to bail him out a few times tried the uk and us, then failed miserably, the stick insect has tried the uk, did he get a return ticket from them, the answer is ovious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I'm not so sure. There's very little market in the US for 1950s talk shows since Ed Sullivan retired.

It's all rapid-fire joke type talk shows these days (of the few that remain).

Same in the UK. Parkinson and Wogan-era shows are no longer done on TV.

Graham Norton's show is successful because it's totally whacky.

I think the Late Late show format's just long past it's best before date at this stage. It probably should have been scrapped quite some time ago. Maybe when Gay Byrne retired. It was the end of an era, or at least should have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

The Golden Circle is in full swing here. Funny how these guys circle the wagons to protect each others interests. Turbridy should earn no more than €100k and thats being extremely generous. doubt very much if he could ever command a slot on any major US tv chat show never mind earn €1m a year.
    But if he feels he would, he should give it a shot. Doubt very much if any tears would be shed around this country.!!
    Gaybo is pathetic, but it gives an insight into the mentality and sense of entitlement at RTE (which is basically a financely bust station). Just look at how a special show was "munufactured" last year for Mike Murphy,to help him recover from serious losses on his failed investments. Think a show was also manufactured for Gaybo actually.(which nobody watched) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭okiss

Ryan Turbridy
    Is earning a salary of €373k and due the croke park agreement we can't pay this idiot less. He should be told next year your salary is €100k - if you don't like it you can leave. The country can no longer pay Tubridy, Pat Kenny or Joe Duffy there over inflated salaries.
    I spoke to a few people recently about Tubridy and this is what they have said:
    A want to be young gaybo. A Pompus idiot.
    This guy thinks he is wonderful and is far from it.

At this stage of his life Gaybo should be retired but is to mean to do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

The top people in RTE could earn millions abroad? Just like the top people in the banks? Well lads you know where the door is!!! and don't let it hit you on the way out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Tubirdy gets nearly 400k a year for sitting down talking about stuff, personally I would cut my ears off with a rusty knife rather than listen to him but if people like him then fair enough.

But is he that "talented" that he could make millions?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Tubirdy gets nearly 400k a year for sitting down talking about stuff, personally I would cut my ears off with a rusty knife rather than listen to him but if people like him then fair enough.

But is he that "talented" that he could make millions?

Is Ryan worth the money he is on now, fcuk no.
    Is it really that hard to do what Tubirdy does, I'd love to see someone off the dole queue take over :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭flutered

Is it really that hard to do what Tubirdy does, I'd love to see someone off the dole queue take over :D:D:D

plenty folk on local radio who can do it better, without the high paid researchers and resorces that he has.

okiss wrote: »
    Ryan Turbridy
    Is earning a salary of €373k and due the croke park agreement we can't pay this idiot less. He should be told next year your salary is €100k - if you don't like it you can leave. The country can no longer pay Tubridy, Pat Kenny or Joe Duffy there over inflated salaries.
    I spoke to a few people recently about Tubridy and this is what they have said:
    A want to be young gaybo. A Pompus idiot.
    This guy thinks he is wonderful and is far from it.

At this stage of his life Gaybo should be retired but is to mean to do this.

Joe Duffy works nearly six hours a week. in Ireland you can get off your ass and try and solve your problems or you can to bitch to Joe. maybe the latter option should be removed.
    PK about works about ten hours.
    Tubs is a young foggie.

do not listen to Tubs on the radio but out curiosity is he one of those people who spends about half an hour going through the papers? not much skill required there.

he had a young smart ass on the late late who wanted to be the next tubs. a dublin accent so thick you could cut with a knife. as least tubs has a neutral accent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

Mr Byrne's remarks are to be regretted.Clearly his statement will cause a lot of resentment to people forced to pay the annual Television Tax in such a deplorable economic environment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

lmfao. I'd love to see Ryan Tubridy argue, with a straight face, that he is the equal of Graham Norton or Conan O Brien. He's a giant haunted puppet of a man who approaches every interview with the cut of a fellow who fears that the humans are about to see through his disguise any minute now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

okiss wrote: »
    Ryan Turbridy
    Is earning a salary of €373k and due the croke park agreement we can't pay this idiot less.

CPA has nothing to do with it.

Tubridy is not a state employee, he's a contractor.

Most of the top paid people at RTÉ are the same. Another is Bill O'Herlihy who owns a media company and he puts his money through that.

If Tubridy being paid too much it's because the bosses in Montrose gave a ridiculously generous contract.

They can give him 100k next time around and tell him to head to the UK if he's not happy. But will they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,327 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Remember when Gaybo retired about 13 years ago....:rolleyes:

Advertisement