Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying tabacoo related product age?

Options
  • 20-09-2012 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

What is the story with buying cigarette papers and filter tips is there an age you have to be to buy them or do you have to be 16 or 18 by law.... I want to know what the law says about this if possible, Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Use 20 euro notes as papers! You'll save time burning through your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭TheFishingKid

Use 20 euro notes as papers! You'll save time burning through your money.
    Great help my friend, Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Shop I work in, we have a sign up that says you have to be 18 to buy any tobacco related products, such as rizla papers and filter tips, if its a law I don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The law states you have to be 18 to buy tobacco, but papers and filters are not covered by the law. Shop policy is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

The law states you have to be 18 to buy tobacco, but papers and filters are not covered by the law. Shop policy is different.
    The law states you have to be 18 to buy any tobacco related products which papers, filters etc come under. I looked into this when I ran a shop before to be clear on it and this was the answer I got from a few different sources - including the inspector who came in to see if we were compliant with the changes to displays etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

http://www.otc.ie/rg-commencement.asp

Click > Guidance for those selling Tobacco Products
    Retailers must display a sign at their premises informing the public that tobacco products may be sold at those premises to those over 18 years of age;

It goes on to clearly state....
    A ‘tobacco product’ means any product consisting, in whole or in part, of tobacco, that is intended to be smoked, and any cigarette paper, tube or filter manufactured for use in smoking of tobacco. (Public Health (Tobacco) Act 2002 as amended).

So, no papers can't be sold under law to anyone under the age of 18,

Potential-Monke, I hope to hell you don't own or work in a shop because if you do you are likely breaking the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

My bad! Cheers for the clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Cabaal wrote: »
    http://www.otc.ie/rg-commencement.asp

Click > Guidance for those selling Tobacco Products

It goes on to clearly state....

So, no papers can't be sold under law to anyone under the age of 18,

Potential-Monke, I hope to hell you don't own or work in a shop because if you do you are likely breaking the law.

Oh FFS, what am I going to use instead of white piper cleaners when I watch old re-runs of Bosco?

:)

Advertisement